Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    What a mess. Not surprising, though.

I expect Harris to be part of a trade up deal. SF, NYJ, and TB all have a need at Corner. Harris will be valued at about a 3rd round pick. 10 + Harris + next years 2nd could get us into the top 5 for our preffered QB. At the very least, it is a start. Maybe add this year's 2nd as well.
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 04-24-2019 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Neither one if these would be considered imo. First I dont think Elway and co is even interested in Rosen in the least bit. If so they wouldn't wait. The 2nd over cardinals could definitely get more and a waaaaay better deal for PP #facts....but like you said it's a dream.
    I agree. Rosen is not a target and I don't think he's even actually available.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Possibly not. I did say the other day that if Ari is serious they will have to make a trade before the draft starts. If not, they lose value in Rosen.

Rosen was there for the taking last year, I agree we wont pursue him. It was reported last year that he rubbed Elway the wrong way and he didn't like him then.....no reason to believe he likes him now

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

The problem with that is we don't know how to draft a QB.

What a mess. Not surprising, though.

I expect Harris to be part of a trade up deal. SF, NYJ, and TB all have a need at Corner. Harris will be valued at about a 3rd round pick. 10 + Harris + next years 2nd could get us into the top 5 for our preffered QB.
    So the net result is a major hole in the defense you were relying on. How do you fill it? Overpay a marginal FA still available? Use a top draft pick and hope a rookie CB can handle the expectations? How many dominoes change with a high pick needed on a CB if this happens? Which fantasy pick of QB, TE, ILB or oline is now used on CB? Maybe the plan will be to rely on a AAF "star" in Bausby or convert Langley back to CB? Team strength just turned into a weakness if you let Harris go.

Then on offense they have a disgruntled starting QB and a QB controversy with a rookie QB that realistically will not be ready to play this year. A fact most fans will not hear no matter how many times we are told the rookie needs a year of development and holding a clipboard.

Or Elway can pay the man who has earned the raise and respect of a grateful organization and fan base with multiple years of being an elite CB and exceeding his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    It is the nature of the NFL, that a real nice contract when it was signed is a team friendly deal at the end of it. I love Chris Harris Jr. and hope that Elway will restructure in a way so he can get paid on incentives. He was an amazing #2 CB and he is solid at #1, but he is not the same guy now that did not give up a TD for two years.
    It shouldn't have gotten to the point where it is now. Elway should have handled this when Talib left.

What's wrong with scenario #3. ? He'd be un happy, but I don't think he'll sit out and loose money.

I said earlier that Elway’s incendiary comments yesterday were completely unnecessary.

The media was ready to move on when Elway stopped them just to make those comments. I think this could be his kryptonite here in Denver.

I do not agree with paying 15 million to a player on the wrong side of 30 and I’d be disappointed if they did. However CHJ is a fan favorite and Elway did not have to publicly display this much of his arrogant ego!

This could be the start of a downward spiral for him with the Denver fan base.

He's forcing Elway to just play out the contract and to be honest it's really the best scenario for our team. If you think Joe Flacco can lead us to a SB in the next couple years then we need to extend Harris as he is critical to our team. But if you think a rookie this year or next will likely be taking over than re-signing Harris does nothing but gives us a better chance to fight for the middle of the pack again.

We obviously aren't going to get a hometown discount and as a middle of the pack team now, we aren't in a position to pay our guys top dollar to avoid breaking this thing up.

Our only option is to play "hard ball" and make him play it out. Hold out hope to figure a solution before he walks in '20. If not we take the (likely) 3rd comp pick 2 years from now. In the meantime we get high level play at roughly half the market value......even if just for one more year. I have a suspicion Harris might just find himself enjoying this new defense and perhaps more of a "hometown discount" may be considered later on.

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    He's forcing Elway to just play out the contract and to be honest it's really the best scenario for our team. If you think Joe Flacco can lead us to a SB in the next couple years then we need to extend Harris as he is critical to our team. But if you think a rookie this year or next will likely be taking over than re-signing Harris does nothing but gives us a better chance to fight for the middle of the pack again.

We obviously aren't going to get a hometown discount and as a middle of the pack team now, we aren't in a position to pay our guys top dollar to avoid breaking this thing up.

Our only option is to play "hard ball" and make him play it out. Hold out hope to figure a solution before he walks in '20. If not we take the (likely) 3rd comp pick 2 years from now. In the meantime we get high level play at roughly half the market value......even if just for one more year. I have a suspicion Harris might just find himself enjoying this new defense and perhaps more of a "hometown discount" may be considered later on.
    Harris already stated that he would sit out the year if he doesn’t get his extension. Also I find it wise to get what you can for him now instead of allowing him to freely sign with the patriots or raiders.

4 yr, 52 million, 36 guaranteed and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    First off we need to look at CHJ value realistically. 30 years old, coming off an injury, and is demanding upwards of $15m( if demands are true). If we are lucky, I think we get a late 2nd but more likely a 3rd.

Scenario #1:
    CHJ and a 4th for Rosen
    - This would end QB talks in the draft and we would be getting a 1st round talent a year ago for basically two thirds ( depending how you look at CHJ value). You would have Rosen for 4 more years and gives him time to sit behind Flacco.
    - In the draft I would move back to try and get another 2nd round pick. Example: Trade back with Washington. We swap 1st and hopefully get their 2nd. With our first we get Greedy/Baker/ Murphy( whichever fits our system). Our two second I would be aiming for Risner and Wilson

Summary:
    CHJ+4th for Rosen
    1st: Greedy/Baker/ or Murphy
    2nd: Risner
    2nd: Mack Wilson

Scenario #2:
    Trade CHJ and a 4th for Patrick Peterson. Peterson is younger and not coming off an injury that I’m aware off. Report from Ari is PP is pissed at the front office so we could use this to our advantage.
    Draft plans would go the same as they originally plan but without a 4th round pick and since you are trading for the same position.

Scenario #3:
    Make CHJ play out his contract. At his age he isn’t holding out long. Can’t afford to miss a year like Bell.
    I really like the idea of swapping Harris for Peterson, immediate upgrade at the position. Peterson is worth 15 mill per year, Harris is not.

Here’s a thought.

Trade;
    Chris Harris
    Emanuel Sanders
    3rd rd pick

For
    Patrick Peterson
    4th rd pick

Trade down in round one to Mid teens, gaining an extra 2nd.

Draft:
    1. Devin Bush
    2. Dexter Lawrence
    Defense complete!
    Throw the rest of our picks at WRs and O-Line, and maybe a developmental QB.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    I really like the idea of swapping Harris for Peterson, immediate upgrade at the position. Peterson is worth 15 mill per year, Harris is not.

Here’s a thought.

Trade;
    Chris Harris
    Emanuel Sanders
    3rd rd pick

For
    Patrick Peterson
    4th rd pick

Trade down in round one to Mid teens, gaining an extra 2nd.

Draft:
    1. Devin Bush
    2. Dexter Lawrence
    Defense complete!
    Throw the rest of our picks at WRs and O-Line, and maybe a developmental QB.
    I don't think Sanders would pass a physical at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by jdhdiggs View Post
    4 yr, 52 million, 36 guaranteed and call it a day.
    Elway will play too much hard ball.

Now he doesn’t have to trade him period and he could attempt to work out a deal but Harris will most likely become more and more offended with whatever lowball offer he’s offered. He’ll also be reluctant to accept any offers less of what he’s demanded, why?

Does anyone realize what John said?

He didn’t say “I just want to say something, we’re going to talk about it” I didn’t say we’re going to do anything”!

He said ” I just want YOU to say something, we’re going to talk about it, I didn’t say we’re going to do anything”!

He was thinking out loud attempting to use the media to get a point across.

He’s says he wants to win now but he doesn’t want to extend his most important chess pieces and by doing this, he’s spitting in the face of the organization, talking out of both sides of his mouth and not establishing a good business nature. No other player will take a home town discount in this organization again as long as it Elway running things.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-24-2019 at 08:58 AM.