Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Considering his age and the deal he's looking for, I think the only trade partners that would be likely are teams in a win now mode, like Atlanta or Minnesota. Teams that are contenders, set at QB, and have a need at CB. Both Atlanta and Minnesota have enough picks to where I think they'd be interested. Although I don't know their cap situation.
    Last edited by sra84; 04-24-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Are we past the point of no return?
    https://sportsnaut.com/2019/04/chris...roncos-rumors/

Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    Considering his age and the deal he's looking for, I think the only trade partners that would be likely are teams in a win now mode, like Atlanta or Minnesota. Teams that are contenders, set at QB, and have a need at CB. Both Atlanta and Minnesota have enough picks to where I think they'd be interested. Although I don't know their cap situation.
    San Fran needs corners and already has their franchise guy. They also happen to have a pretty valuable 1st round pick and are very acquainted with Elway

Imagine Ari taking Bosa and then trade with SF for 2......

well... Bye...
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    The issue is the lack of negotiations. Why are the Broncos in this position,....again! It is frustrating.

The contract you suggest is basically a small bump to Jackson’s. A three year contract with guaranteed money paid off in the first two years and a team option on the third. Hell, give Harris a signing bonus and they might generate some additional cap this year.

Of course Harris’ is starting with “$15m or trade me” it is now unnecessarily contentious with bruised egos involved.
    The back and forth is part of the negotiations. The Broncos are in this position partly because of signing a player like Ja’Wuan James. Fans including myself wanted Elway to invest in the offensive line. $5 mil isn’t a small bump when cap space sits at approx. $11 mil. I don’t think “Pay me or trade me” is contentious as it’s simply one side putting their position on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    So the net result is a major hole in the defense you were relying on. How do you fill it? Overpay a marginal FA still available? Use a top draft pick and hope a rookie CB can handle the expectations? How many dominoes change with a high pick needed on a CB if this happens? Which fantasy pick of QB, TE, ILB or oline is now used on CB? Maybe the plan will be to rely on a AAF "star" in Bausby or convert Langley back to CB? Team strength just turned into a weakness if you let Harris go.

Then on offense they have a disgruntled starting QB and a QB controversy with a rookie QB that realistically will not be ready to play this year. A fact most fans will not hear no matter how many times we are told the rookie needs a year of development and holding a clipboard.

Or Elway can pay the man who has earned the raise and respect of a grateful organization and fan base with multiple years of being an elite CB and exceeding his contract.
    You could also say Harris should show a little more respect to the man who took a chance on an UDFA and then gave him a life changing contract worth tens of millions of dollars. Instead of actually talking with Elway behind closed doors he publicly gives him an ultimatum. It's a two way street, but of course some fans will always blame Elway for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    Imagine Ari taking Bosa and then trade with SF for 2......
    Don't get Streets excited....it wouldn't be for Murray

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    Don't get Streets excited....it wouldn't be for Murray
    Hey now, I would be happy. It mostly certainly be for Murray or William. For damn for wouldn't be for lock on that you can trust.

Love ya Chris, but team > 1 person.
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    Love ya Chris, but team > 1 person.
    Why couldn’t it had been Jeff Heuerman or better yet Garret Bolles that made these demands...! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    San Fran needs corners and already has their franchise guy. They also happen to have a pretty valuable 1st round pick and are very acquainted with Elway
    I doubt they'll trade the #2 pick for Harris. Do you mean the #2 pick for Harris and the #10 pick?

One of my favorite Broncos of all time but no corner is getting 15 million a year beyond 30, especially one coming off of an injury. This is the ugly side of the game. I would hate to see him on a different team but it doesn't make sense to him that kind of money in the twilight stages in his career.

As far as compensation, I would see if anyone would give a 1st in the 2020 draft. Rather collect picks for next year as ammunition to move up for a QB. Would much rather he stay with the team though.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    One of my favorite Broncos of all time but no corner is getting 15 million a year beyond 30, especially one coming off of an injury. This is the ugly side of the game. I would hate to see him on a different team but it doesn't make sense to him that kind of money in the twilight stages in his career.

As far as compensation, I would see if anyone would give a 1st in the 2020 draft. Rather collect picks for next year as ammunition to move up for a QB. Would much rather he stay with the team though.
    I can’t see anyone giving up a first for him but perhaps if we went to a bottom feeder that we know is going to post a very poor record in 2019 and swap first rounds picks with them along with CHJ. If done that way the broncos may be able to pull it off but there’s a lot of huge risk involved.

Which team could you foresee posting such an ugly record? Arizona, Tampa perhaps!

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post

A.1st? The Broncos threw away one of the Top CBs in the league for a 5th Round pick. The Broncos would be lucky to get a 4th for Chris Harris.