X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JvDub95
    Football Immortal
    • Jan 2005

Denver may not have drafted an ILB but it sounds like Hollins will be tried out there.....

Justin Hollins will get a shot at OLB and ILB, according to Vic Fangio.

“See where he’s got the best future at or the best fit for us at this time.”

Hollins is an unbelievable athlete

​​​​

Comment

• FR Tim
      Football Immortal
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      Denver may not have drafted an ILB but it sounds like Hollins will be tried out there.....

Justin Hollins will get a shot at OLB and ILB, according to Vic Fangio.

“See where he’s got the best future at or the best fit for us at this time.”

Hollins is an unbelievable athlete
      It would be awesome if he can convert to ILB and be successful.

Just a couple of thoughts though. Has he ever played ILB? Can he read and react quickly enough? Many ILBs may be less athletic or fast but can be in the right position at the right time. While more athletic players can run themselves out of plays or make huge mistakes taking the wrong gap or lane and giving up big plays..

Great to hear Fangio supports the pick and potential move but how many OLBs successfully convert at the NFL level. Perhaps more then I realize?

Comment

• johnlimburg
        Ring of Famer
        • Sep 2009

Interesting plan, he is definitely a fluid mover in space, and I guess that fits Fangio well considering his admiration for Roquon Smith, who is more of a prototypical WILL backer as opposed to a MIKE. I wonder if Elway is contempt with Jewell and Davis on the inside ? I hope not, and I hope the reason for ignoring the position was just due to Elway evaluating this linebacker class as a weak one, which it was. I think passing on Cashman for Hollins is a big mistake though. Especially when Cashman is as much of an athlete as Hollins is, and actually plays the position, a position which everyone knows is built from playing on instinct.

Comment

• TheAsianPA
          Captain
          • Oct 2015

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
          It would be awesome if he can convert to ILB and be successful.

Just a couple of thoughts though. Has he ever played ILB? Can he read and react quickly enough? Many ILBs may be less athletic or fast but can be in the right position at the right time. While more athletic players can run themselves out of plays or make huge mistakes taking the wrong gap or lane and giving up big plays..

Great to hear Fangio supports the pick and potential move but how many OLBs successfully convert at the NFL level. Perhaps more then I realize?
          he played DE before being switched to olb. The talk of moving him to ILB is because of his athleticism
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
            Hall of Famer
            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by jflee66 View Post
            Great draft again. IF Lock learns to read defenses and becomes elite, then this draft sets the Offense up for a decade.
            Not feeling this draft at all. I'm saying it here and now we will have a top pick 10 pick again next next. One step closer to getting Elway outta here.
            Again UNTIL WE DRAFT A QB IN THE TOP 10....we will not be a contender. Plz stop taking other team garbage qbs and late 1st rounders Qbs. We have NEVER selected a qb top 10

Comment

• Murph2432
              Playmaker
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
              Not feeling this draft at all. I'm saying it here and now we will have a top pick 10 pick again next next. One step closer to getting Elway outta here.
              We might have a top ten pick regardless of who we drafted. Our division and schedule is brutal.

Comment

• orange crush75
                Captain
                • Feb 2006

I wanted Bush @10 , however it worked out with the players we got. Some of the way later picks Meh but heck those more like camp bodies. I think Bronco front office drafted well , as well a lot of analysts. Let's see how it plays out .

Comment

• Papa-pwn
                  Captain
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                  We might have a top ten pick regardless of who we drafted. Our division and schedule is brutal.
                  Absolutely. With the team fully invested in fielding one of the NFL's worst starting QBs, we will like be between 3-7 and 4-9 when Flacco is finally pulled. That should be plenty of time for Lock. Hopefully the remaining 3-6 games that he gets will be enough to get him ready to start full time in 2020. Then, with our huge opening in cap space, even more so after releasing Flacco, the SB window will be wide open

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                    Captain
                    • Apr 2009

As of right now I think we are an 8-8 team. I think we are closer to a wild card spot than a top 5 pick.
                    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
                      Hall of Famer
                      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                      As of right now I think we are an 8-8 team. I think we are closer to a wild card spot than a top 5 pick.
                      8-8 is super wishful thinking. Hope lock hurry up and get to play sooner than later.
                      Again UNTIL WE DRAFT A QB IN THE TOP 10....we will not be a contender. Plz stop taking other team garbage qbs and late 1st rounders Qbs. We have NEVER selected a qb top 10

Comment

• Alaskajoe
                        Bench Warmer
                        • Jan 2009

8-8 is super wishful thinking. Hope lock hurry up and get to play sooner than later.
                        8-8 seems right. Flacco has better weapons and a comparable defense to last years ravens. Division is nasty. But i can easily see all 4 teams being 7-9 to 10-7
                        I need more Oline, please and thank you

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                          Captain
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
                          8-8 seems right. Flacco has better weapons and a comparable defense to last years ravens. Division is nasty. But i can easily see all 4 teams being 7-9 to 10-7
                          Even if the QB isn't an upgrade, I can confidently say that the other areas of the team are much improved in comparison. The assembled coaching staff alone is a major upgrade. The defense and OL will be improved I'm 100% confident in that opinion. It won't all be sunshine and rainbows, but this team will be tough and disciplined week in and out. No one is going to want to play us, and we are going to be built to win late in the season.

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                            Captain
                            • Apr 2009

Even if the QB is a lateral change, the other improvements will be massive upgrades.

Comment

• Orangecrush21
                              Practice Squad
                              • Apr 2016

I think the success of the season comes down to Scangrello. Keenums problem was that Musgrave didnt play to his strengths and Keenum is a system QB. Joe Flacco is another system Qb and

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
                                Football Immortal
                                • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                                Absolutely. With the team fully invested in fielding one of the NFL's worst starting QBs, we will like be between 3-7 and 4-9 when Flacco is finally pulled. That should be plenty of time for Lock. Hopefully the remaining 3-6 games that he gets will be enough to get him ready to start full time in 2020. Then, with our huge opening in cap space, even more so after releasing Flacco, the SB window will be wide open
                                So let me get this straight, you guys are basically saying that this team may not have gotten any better in free agency & draft than last season if not worse?

we were after all sitting at 6-6 with a real shot at the wildcard when we lost both chris harris & sanders before the next game was played & it could be argued those were 2 of the most important parts on each side of the ball...but yet we somehow could be worse?

Not to mention anybody in their right mind knows flacco is better than keenum & anyone that argues that is in complete denial...yes he has had injury concerns but when healty there is no comparing the two.

You guys are certainly entitled to your won opinions as am i & i say we are much closer to a 10 win team than a 6 win team
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X