Page 71 of 123 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1839
    Quote Originally Posted by DN1218 View Post
    Matt Miller’s Round 2-3 mock has Denver taking:

2-41: Mack Wilson, LB Alabama
    2-52: Tyree Jackson, QB Buffalo

3-71: Zach Allen, DL Boston College

Haha. Seriously? No OL and Tyree in the second?!
    yeah that would be an absolute blunder of a draft. Dalton Risner at 41. Rock Ya Sin at 52. Jarrett Stidham at 71. Best possible outcome in my eyes.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I don't feel silly at all. We need a long term QB. We don't have one. We have an aging, sometimes injured, slightly over the hill player, who is apparently the guy who is going to take us to the promised land. Nothing wrong with signing him for a season, but nothing wrong with looking into the future, and Lock is young, talented, and has time to improve.

Folks who think that we will find our QB next year are really forgetting the risk. We may finish better in the standings, therefore the studs may be gone...OR we will have to sell the farm to land them. Plus, there may be more teams interested. Finally, very few college QBs are a guarantee.

I am quite sure that had someone said back in December that Flacco was going to be our guy, hardly any would have been excited....in a good way. This reminds me a bit of the Case Keenum hype. Case is a decent player, but he only had one good season. Flacco is near done.

I am not here to critique, but I do not feel "silly". Just because Lock is not taken yet, does not mean he will be a poor choice. Drafts can be confusing at times. And as we all know, the hit rate, even in round one, is not that high. These "experts" who select players, are not near perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I'm with you brotatoe chip!! I for one would be ecstatic if we still ended up with Lock. We would have a young group of solid offensive weapons ready to take over
    Agreed. Lock, any time left in the draft, would be great value. Right now we have Grayson and Hogan behind Flacco. At the very worst, Lock would be better than those as a backup. That alone would worth the pick now.

41 - Risner
    52- M. Wilson
    3rd - best CB or WR available

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    It's easy to say today that Lock didn't deserve to be first round pick, because he wasn't one. Haskins was a first round QB that we could have taken.

The Broncos could have drafted either QB and didn't. That tells me the Broncos didn't like these QBs. Since that was the case for them, I have to agree with what their strategy of "if you dont like these QBs, trade back".
    Elway said that they did not consider QB at either #10 or #20.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I just saw this on the CBS Sports NFL page going over the draft:

10 Steelers

Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

This is the player to replace Ryan Shazier after what happened to Shazier, who had a tragic injury and might never play football again. This kid can fill that role for the Steelers. They gave up a little too much though (picks 20 and 52 overall and a 2020 third round pick). He better be special. Grade: B

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...st-round-pick/

Holy cow. I was a little butt-hurt about what we got in the trade. I thought maybe we got jobbed. CBS usually does a pretty good job with their NFL draft coverage. Anyone else seeing this, that the Steelers gave up too much to us?
    I didn't see that. However, if some people are sying it's too much and others are saying it wasn't....it was probably just about right.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Agreed. Lock, any time left in the draft, would be great value. Right now we have Grayson and Hogan behind Flacco. At the very worst, Lock would be better than those as a backup. That alone would worth the pick now.
    Yes. Lock will be gone this round, so why not make him our backup! We could leave day 2 with Fant, Lock, Wilson (please) and another positional player of need/value. Oliners and Dbacks are in the conversation.

I don't think it cool to call other fans "silly" about any of this, as if anyone knows for sure how these players will turn out. My case is not just about picking Lock; it's about the fact we have no long term QB plan, and that's not a good thing. I disagree that Flacco is our guy for the next 4 years. I hate to even think of it, but he may not last this season.

We have our right to comment here, even if it goes against the grain of the GM and his group, or just some other fans.

Lets just move on....enjoy the draft, and have fun making our personal commentaries. Hey, I may be totally off base with my views/preferences, but that's what we sports fans do.....comment, speculate, disagree (in a constructive way if possible), hope.
    "Silly" is probably not the right word. "Obtuse" probably fits better when you contradict John Elway's decision not to Draft a QB, and who said he expects 4 years out of Joe Flacco. And we are not talking about a "GM and his group, or just some other fans", we are talking about every GM, and "their group" in the NFL.

Now, if you could go back in time, would you still take Lock at #10? Or for that matter, at #20? It's a simple question.

Reporter: "John, did you consider a Quarterback at #10, or at #20?"

John Elway: "NO".

You may "hate to think of" Flacco being our Quarterback. And you may be hoping that he doesn't "last the season". And nobody is saying you don't have the "right to comment here". But, I have the right to comment as well. And nothing I've said is any personal attack against you or your "opinion". I'm just sayiing that the decision has been made, and it's "silly" to make arguments on a subject that was put to rest last night. I don't think it's out of line to point that out. And if you want to "move on", then ................... just don't answer my Post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    yeah that would be an absolute blunder of a draft. Dalton Risner at 41. Rock Ya Sin at 52. Jarrett Stidham at 71. Best possible outcome in my eyes.
    I would be ok with the Mack Wilson pick but not the Tyree Jackson pick.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    Elway said that they did not consider QB at either #10 or #20.
    Sounds like he loves his average Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    "Silly" is probably not the right word. "Obtuse" probably fits better when you contradict John Elway's decision not to Draft a QB, and who said he expects 4 years out of Joe Flacco. And we are not talking about a "GM and his group, or just some other fans", we are talking about every GM, and "their group" in the NFL.

Now, if you could go back in time, would you still take Lock at #10? Or for that matter, at #20? It's a simple question.

Reporter: "John, did you consider a Quarterback at #10, or at #20?"

John Elway: "NO".

You may "hate to think of" Flacco being our Quarterback. And you may be hoping that he doesn't "last the season". And nobody is saying you don't have the "right to comment here". But, I have the right to comment as well. And nothing I've said is any personal attack against you or your "opinion". I'm just sayiing that the decision has been made, and it's "silly" to make arguments on a subject that was put to rest last night. I don't think it's out of line to point that out. And if you want to "move on", then ................... just don't answer my Post.
    I want to debate you on all of this, but it's probably not worth the time, for both of us. I will say though that it's ok not to agree with every move The GM makes; many experts had Lock going fairly early; and the only reason I mentioned Flacco for the next 4 years, is that you mentioned it.

I want Lock.....we may not choose him. If we could have afforded him, I would love to have drafted Murray!

Waaaaaaaay more to discuss in this draft.
    Last edited by CanDB; 04-26-2019 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    Sounds like he loves his average Joe.
    I hope that Joe comes in and does what Case was suppose to do last year and that is Sling and Drop them Dimes !! I actually think Joe will do Big and Great Things I see the Year of 2012-2015 on offense this year no doubt about it. I am calling this year the Dark Horse because we will fly under the radar nobody talking about us the way I like it and be able to get into the Playoffs and once we are in Von Miller can and will take over and lead us to another Super Bowl Victory !!

I want to debate you on all of this, but it's probably not worth the time, for both of us. I will say though that it's ok not to agree with every move The GM makes; many experts had Lock going fairly early; and the only reason I mentioned Flacco for the next 4 years, is that you mentioned it.

I want Lock.....we may not choose him. If we could have afforded him, I would love to have drafted Murray!

Waaaaaaaay more to discuss in this draft.
    What "debate" are you talking about. JE made the decision, and the "debate" is over. Elway scammed, conned, and sand-bagged some simpleton Sports media reporter at the Senior Bowl. And it worked!!! And if you read the comments about the Broncos taking Lock at #10 in pretty much every Mock Draft on the Internet, it was all based on some comments that a reporter overheard, and took to heart, at the Senior Bowl. John Elway's use of mis-direction fooled a lot of people. This is what several of the Mock Drafts said about Elway taking Lock, " the hot rumor since the Senior Bowl has been that John Elway loves Lock."

So you, and other "Lock at #10" supporters weren't alone. John Elway did what you would hope he would do as GM. But clearly, NOBODY in the NFL wanted Lock in the 1st Round, or as you put it, "fairly early".
    Last edited by gtown53; 04-26-2019 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    What "debate" are you talking about. JE made the decision, and the "debate" is over. Elway scammed, conned, and sand-bagged some simpleton Sports media reporter at the Senior Bowl. And it worked!!! And if you read the comments about the Broncos taking Lock at #10 in pretty much every Mock Draft on the Internet, it was all based on some comments that a reporter overheard, and took to heart, at the Senior Bowl. John Elway's use of mis-direction fooled a lot of people. This is what several of the Mock Drafts said about Elway taking Lock, " the hot rumor since the Senior Bowl has been that John Elway loves Lock."

So you, and other "Lock at #10" supporters weren't alone. John Elway did what you would hope he would do as GM. But clearly, NOBODY in the NFL wanted Lock in the 1st Round, or as you put it, "fairly early".
    Enjoy the rest of the draft.

Arizona and Miami are apparently still in discussions over trading Rosen, per Ian Rap.

Arizona and Miami are apparently still in discussions over trading Rosen, per Ian Rap.

I just read that the deal has been done so Josh Rosen to the Miami Dolphins I guess we will all see if Josh will be good next year because I do not think Josh is going to be named the Starter over Ryan Fitzmagic ( fades ) lol