Page 69 of 123 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1839
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    Really looking forward to tonight. Do we take Lock ? Do we get Risner ? Rock ya sin would be a great pick. Center McCoy would be good, Mack Wilson , CB Murphy.....there's a lot to like. Wouldn't mind Notre Dame CB in the 3rd...Love I think.
    I still can't believe Cody Ford is still on the board as well. Still a lot of CB & WR talent too. I can't remember a draft that has had this many impact players available on day 2. Having 3 picks in the next 38 selections is absolutely huge.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I still can't believe Cody Ford is still on the board as well. Still a lot of CB & WR talent too. I can't remember a draft that has had this many impact players available on day 2. Having 3 picks in the next 38 selections is absolutely huge.
    I agree, I would of loved a 1st next year out of that trade but this draft is rich so that 2nd we got really is like a 1st

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Overall reaction from outlets have been positive. I tend to agree. Would have been happy with Bush at 10 but I think we need to see what we do tonight prior to loving/hating the move. If we reach for a guy that was a 3rd-4th round draft grade I will like the trade less than I do now.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    As for The Broncos....

Trading down can often work, especially when you have several holes. Fant appears to be a good player. We need a good TE. But we also need a good ILB, and I would rather have Bush as our field general.....if we were not going QB. Now, if we nail our 2nd round pick acquired from The Steelers, good. For me, Mack Wilson should be in the cards.

I give The Steelers credit for the trade. It is fine to fill holes, but it is also important to have talent at key positions. You can draft 100 players, but if they are not talented, you may sift out a lot of backups and special teamers. I am not absolutely sure about Bush, but I feel very confident that he will be a pro bowl type down the road, plus a fan fav.

Oh....yes, I would be very happy if Lock was one of our 2 2nd round picks! Fant, Lock and Wilson would make me very happy!
    Wilson would be great! We could even put him in the number 56, I could resurrect my Al Wilson jersey. Itíll be nostalgic!

Also if we donít draft Lock, and Miami doesnít. How far could he fall? Maybe NE? Donít see too many teams in a rush to take him at this point.

Dolphins are trying to get Rosen.
    I heard that the Dolphins had the worst ranking for 22 players . We thought we had a bunch of holes lol

Sound like we should fire our whole staff and just hire some guy to draft based on what the NFL.com profile says...

Why are so many people using this as the only source of 'expert analysis?'

Drew Lock is a project and the people who study film as their job tend to all agree.
    Wonder what lynch rating was

Get ready for a huge letdown tonight. Elway is notorious for reach in round 2 and this year wonít be any different. At 41 he will have 5 players available with first round grades and he will take a guy no ones ever heard of. Whoís that LB out of Maryland, Tre Watson? Iím guessing we see him called tonight even though heís a 4th-5th round prospect at best. Or we will pass on Lock again and reach for Clayton Thomson or Ryan Finley. I hope Iím wrong, but Elway just isnít good at this. I donít hate the tradedown and picking of Fant, and I will hate it even less if we get some good players in the midrounds. However, ever since Elway has started this he always leaves me scratching my head come day 2 of the draft. Itís really not that difficult. If 2 of those guys with 1st round grades are there at 41 and 52, you take them. I fully expect one of;
    Lock
    Risner
    Ford
    Little
    Wilson
    Williams
    Murphy
    Ya-Sin
    To be there at 41. All guys had 1st round grades by anyone who mattered. Take one of them, nobody else matters at 41.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I don't feel silly at all. We need a long term QB. We don't have one. We have an aging, sometimes injured, slightly over the hill player, who is apparently the guy who is going to take us to the promised land. Nothing wrong with signing him for a season, but nothing wrong with looking into the future, and Lock is young, talented, and has time to improve.

Folks who think that we will find our QB next year are really forgetting the risk. We may finish better in the standings, therefore the studs may be gone...OR we will have to sell the farm to land them. Plus, there may be more teams interested. Finally, very few college QBs are a guarantee.

I am quite sure that had someone said back in December that Flacco was going to be our guy, hardly any would have been excited....in a good way. This reminds me a bit of the Case Keenum hype. Case is a decent player, but he only had one good season. Flacco is near done.

I am not here to critique, but I do not feel "silly". Just because Lock is not taken yet, does not mean he will be a poor choice. Drafts can be confusing at times. And as we all know, the hit rate, even in round one, is not that high. These "experts" who select players, are not near perfect.
    So, if you could go back in time, you would still Draft Lock at #10? What about every single GM passing on Lock in the 1st Round don't you get? The guy isn't a 1st Round talent. He wasn't seen as a Franchise QB prospect, or someone would have taken him. Did we learn nothing from taking Brock Osweiler in the 2nd Round? This Franchise can't continue to throw top Draft Picks on marginal, "crapshoot" QBs with the hope that they MIGHT turn out some day. We threw a 1st and a 2nd Round Draft Pick down a rat hole with Lynch and Osweiler. Thank GOD we have a professional who appears to have learned from his mistakes running the Draft, and not fans who were shown to be wrong, and "silly", about Drew Lock.

And you may not like it, but Joe Flacco is the Broncos Starting QB, AND the QB of the future for what John Elway said could be the next 4 years. Why people can't accept that is the decision of this Franchise is just ................... silly.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Dolphins are trying to get Rosen
    Probably a good move. Iíve always thought the Cards should have traded Rosen before the draft to maximize his value. Now that teams know they absolutely need to move him Iíd play chicken with them and see if they end up doing it for a lessor pick. As nice as it would be to have 2 young qbs on your roster for insurance, Rosen being on their roster come training camp is not a distraction they want at all, and they will probably be more desperate to move him than teams are willing to give up high deaft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Get ready for a huge letdown tonight. Elway is notorious for reach in round 2 and this year won’t be any different. At 41 he will have 5 players available with first round grades and he will take a guy no ones ever heard of. Who’s that LB out of Maryland, Tre Watson? I’m guessing we see him called tonight even though he’s a 4th-5th round prospect at best. Or we will pass on Lock again and reach for Clayton Thomson or Ryan Finley. I hope I’m wrong, but Elway just isn’t good at this. I don’t hate the tradedown and picking of Fant, and I will hate it even less if we get some good players in the midrounds. However, ever since Elway has started this he always leaves me scratching my head come day 2 of the draft. It’s really not that difficult. If 2 of those guys with 1st round grades are there at 41 and 52, you take them. I fully expect one of;
    Lock
    Risner
    Ford
    Little
    Wilson
    Williams
    Murphy
    Ya-Sin
    To be there at 41. All guys had 1st round grades by anyone who mattered. Take one of them, nobody else matters at 41.
    I get what you're saying but hopefully the trend started last year continues with this draft. Taking Sutton and Freeman were value picks at a position of need. Glass half-full on day 2.

I just saw this on the CBS Sports NFL page going over the draft:

10 Steelers

Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

This is the player to replace Ryan Shazier after what happened to Shazier, who had a tragic injury and might never play football again. This kid can fill that role for the Steelers. They gave up a little too much though (picks 20 and 52 overall and a 2020 third round pick). He better be special. Grade: B

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...st-round-pick/

Holy cow. I was a little butt-hurt about what we got in the trade. I thought maybe we got jobbed. CBS usually does a pretty good job with their NFL draft coverage. Anyone else seeing this, that the Steelers gave up too much to us?

If Elway can translate those 2nd and 3rd round picks into a few guys named Dalton Risner, Cody Ford, Connor McGovern (not the current Bronco), Rock Ya Sin (my personal favorite player left), Byron Murphy, Drew Lock, Erik McCoy, Cody Ford, or a productive D lineman, Iíll feel like Elway chose immediate impact players for this year. Noah Fant was a pick I didnít love, but in truth we needed a dominating TE that creates mismatches - I really hope he can grow into that role and establish himself as the dominant,unquestionable, and uncoverable #1 on our team. Fingers crossed we provide BIG impact on the offensive side this year so that if Flacco isnít the answer (and I donít believe he is), weíll have a young and experienced nucleus ready to play for our next quarterback.

Sound like we should fire our whole staff and just hire some guy to draft based on what the NFL.com profile says...

Why are so many people using this as the only source of 'expert analysis?'

Drew Lock is a project and the people who study film as their job tend to all agree.
    Just because itís their job doesnít make them good at it. How successful has our staff whoís job it is to evaluate players been? Mediocre at best.

I like Lock but I really wanted Haskins. I watched every play of Haskins year last season and the dude has got ďitĒ he wasnít supposed to be available at 10 but there he fell into our laps and we passed. The rule of thumb is if you donít have a franchise QB and you get the chance to draft one, you do it. We donít have one. Oh but in Elway eyes Flacco is it, what a joke. Elway has a chance to redeem himself if Lock falls to 41, but he wonít. Iím calling Tre Watson with one of these 2 2nd rounders tonight.
    Last edited by KWHIT97; 04-26-2019 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Dolphins are trying to get Rosen.
    I heard that the Dolphins had the worst ranking for 22 players . We thought we had a bunch of holes lol
    Such a storied franchise also