• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MHSalute
    Ring of Famer
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    Dalton Risner and Mack Wilson in the second?

I don't see the need for ILB early. Risner, Little, and McCoy sll look like options at 41
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• gtown53
      All-Pro
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Koopakidd View Post
      True, starting to wonder if it was Kubiak that was sold on him.

No, Kubiak was gone before the Senior Bowl. And that's when Elway pulled the wool over the eyes of a bunch of naive simpletons in the Sports media.

Comment

• gtown53
        All-Pro
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
        I don't see the need for ILB early. Risner, Little, and McCoy sll look like options at 41
        That's "blasphemy" on this Board where every single year, the fans think we need to spend a 1st Round Pick on an ILB. Ha ha ha.

Comment

• MHS
          I am The Dude
          • Jun 2006

Risner would be amazing
          sigpic
          "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

• MHSalute
            Ring of Famer
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
            That's "blasphemy" on this Board where every single year, the fans think we need to spend a 1st Round Pick on an ILB. Ha ha ha.
            Ya I know, not sure if they know we won SB 50 with TWO ILBs that ran 4.80 40s. Don't have to run 4.5 40 to be "sideline to sideline" LB. I have faith we have a couple in mind for day 3 to give us depth.
            Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
              Football Immortal
              • May 2010

Ya I know, not sure if they know we won SB 50 with TWO ILBs that ran 4.80 40s. Don't have to run 4.5 40 to be "sideline to sideline" LB. I have faith we have a couple in mind for day 3 to give us depth.
              Trev was hampered by an ankle injury he is alot fast then a 4.80
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• gtown53
                All-Pro
                • Apr 2008

And I seem to remember CJ Anderson running up the front, and down the back, of the great ILB, Luke Kuechly in Superbowl 50. John Elway has literally PROVEN to everyone through his actions that he places a lesser value on ILB than many other positions. And people just ignore that fact.

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                  team preacher
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                  Trev was hampered by an ankle injury he is alot fast then a 4.80
                  Danny D was actually the fastest LB on film in the NFL the last year he was in Denver. I can’t remember the way it was measured, but he was. I think he was the second fastest player on the defense that year.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• listopencil
                    Revenant
                    • Aug 2003

I remember thinking that we were going to miss Trevathan as much as Malik, and that it was a mistake not to retain Trevathan. I was right and we need better ILB's.
                    Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

• listopencil
                      Revenant
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                      And I seem to remember CJ Anderson running up the front, and down the back, of the great ILB, Luke Kuechly in Superbowl 50. John Elway has literally PROVEN to everyone through his actions that he places a lesser value on ILB than many other positions. And people just ignore that fact.
                      You mean during his one TD run of the whole game, that two yard run set up by the D? I do get what you are saying about Elway (not) valuing ILB's and I agree with you.

Comment

• jc13
                        Most Hated
                        • Oct 2008

man it would be nice if they landed a stud WR tomorrow.
                        Now go get your shine box

Comment

• listopencil
                          Revenant
                          • Aug 2003

How about Risner and then DL Chris Slayton? Anybody think he can play NT for us?

Comment

• TACOCORP
                            Practice Squad
                            • Dec 2012

If Rosen is available for a 3 then I can't see how you don't do that. The value is amazing, and the cost is tiny to have him sit behind Flacco for a couple years if needed. He's also ready to step in if not and could benefit from Scang's tutorage.

Then we can get Risner/OL at 41 and an impact player later on.

Comment

• fraguela09
                              Byner of Buckner?
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by TACOCORP View Post
                              If Rosen is available for a 3 then I can't see how you don't do that. The value is amazing, and the cost is tiny to have him sit behind Flacco for a couple years if needed. He's also ready to step in if not and could benefit from Scang's tutorage.

Then we can get Risner/OL at 41 and an impact player later on.
                              Especially, if a corresponding move has them trading Harris for a third (after drafting Byron Murphy or another CB in the second).

Comment

• fraguela09
                                Byner of Buckner?
                                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                                You mean during his one TD run of the whole game, that two yard run set up by the D? I do get what you are saying about Elway (not) valuing ILB's and I agree with you.
                                Brandon Marsh and Danny Trevathon played well our SB run... we shut down run and didn’t get lit up by TEs.

While Elway diminishes the value of the ILB, we’ve watched a litany of TEs post career performances against us, have seen the demise of the vaunted No Fly Zone, and cant even beat a rookie QB who is now undefeated in DEN (Mahomes 2-0).

Comment

Working...
                                X