Page 121 of 123 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 1839
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    So let me get this straight, you guys are basically saying that this team may not have gotten any better in free agency & draft than last season if not worse?

we were after all sitting at 6-6 with a real shot at the wildcard when we lost both chris harris & sanders before the next game was played & it could be argued those were 2 of the most important parts on each side of the ball...but yet we somehow could be worse?

Not to mention anybody in their right mind knows flacco is better than keenum & anyone that argues that is in complete denial...yes he has had injury concerns but when healty there is no comparing the two.

You guys are certainly entitled to your won opinions as am i & i say we are much closer to a 10 win team than a 6 win team
    There are legitimate concerns. A lot of players coming back from injury, the CHJ situation, rookie coaches in the form of Scangs as an OC and Fangio 1st time HC. Plus still some holes in places, and we will undoubtedly lose a player to injury. The schedule is really tough. I don't fault anyone for being wary of certain aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    So let me get this straight, you guys are basically saying that this team may not have gotten any better in free agency & draft than last season if not worse?

we were after all sitting at 6-6 with a real shot at the wildcard when we lost both chris harris & sanders before the next game was played & it could be argued those were 2 of the most important parts on each side of the ball...but yet we somehow could be worse?

Not to mention anybody in their right mind knows flacco is better than keenum & anyone that argues that is in complete denial...yes he has had injury concerns but when healty there is no comparing the two.

You guys are certainly entitled to your won opinions as am i & i say we are much closer to a 10 win team than a 6 win team
    Yes. I think the team as a whole is much improved when it comes to pure talent. However, the change in schemes will not be seamless. There will be a transitional year for both the offense and the defense. Especially for last year's draft class, having to learn two offenses/defenses in their first two years in the league. There are also going to be unpredictable injuries and there is no guarantee that the players who excelled in other systems will also excel in the ones we ate installing.

I also think we will see Flacco's worst season yet. He has been on a steady downward spiral the last 5 years with both his play and his health. Coming into a completely new situation with no real chemistry yet built between himself and any of the coaches or players for the first time since his rookie year. I expect him to continue to be among the leagues worst in passer rating, completion %, and YPA. I also expect him to he among the league's worst in turnovers, which will be what really hurts us the most this season.

2020 will be our coming out year. Lock will be taking over and we will have a full young core with a year in their respective systems on offense and defense. We will also have near $80m in cap space when Flacco is cut, so we will be able to fill a lot of holes in the roster.

I see 2019 as a 6-8 win team. 2020, if Lock succeeds and the other young guys pan out, will be a 10+ win team. Honestly, we'll prbaky be a 10+ win team for the next 10 years if Lock, Fant, and Risner all pan out like Chubb, Lindsey and Sutton did.
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 04-28-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    There are legitimate concerns. A lot of players coming back from injury, the CHJ situation, rookie coaches in the form of Scangs as an OC and Fangio 1st time HC. Plus still some holes in places, and we will undoubtedly lose a player to injury. The schedule is really tough. I don't fault anyone for being wary of certain aspects.
    The schedule is tough according to last years teams and last years records. As the season progresses the teams that were deemed tough wont be on the same level as the year prior, happens every year.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Yes. I think the team as a whole is much improved. However, the change in schemes will not be seamless. There will be a transitional year for both the offense and the defense. Especially for last year's draft class, having to learn two offenses/defenses in their first two years in the league.

I also think we will see Flacco's worst season yet. He has been on a steady downward spiral the last 5 years with both his play and his health. Coming into a completely new situation with no real chemistry yet built between himself and any of the coaches or players for the first time since his rookie year. I expect him to continue to be among the leagues worst in passer rating, completion %, and YPA. I also expect him to he among the league's worst in turnovers, which will be what really hurts us.
    I agree with the first part, but not on the second. Flacco and the FO have gone on record there are similarities to this offense and what Flacco ran with Kubes in Baltimore. There is familiarity, and he played very well in that system. I will say pre injury last year, Flacco was playing at a pretty high level. Now, I will agree with you on his health. However, with the system and Munchak in place, I'm optimistic on that front. I think he can be a better than average QB, with the arm strength to make any throw on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    The schedule is tough according to last years teams and last years records. As the season progresses the teams that were deemed tough wont be on the same level as the year prior, happens every year.
    I agree, there are always worst to first teams, and vice versas. I'm not saying the schedule is tough only because of the teams, but the structure as well. IIRC we only have one btb home stand, and that's week 16 and 17.

Going to agree with the baseline being about 8-8. I think the team is better overall but will it matter enough to gain multiple wins. That will be the question to be answered once the games start getting played.

From that 8-8 baseline it could swing a couple games either way depending on how things work out. If the team struggles with poor QB play, coaching growing pains and injuries then they drop below that line. If they have some luck on the injury front, improved QB competence, coaching changes work and roster chemistry comes together. Those positives occur they might reach that 10 win borderline playoff team status.

Another factor is how we are judging teams on paper right now. Every season expectations get challenged. Expected good teams struggle with injuries or results and drop.There are usually a couple teams that unexpectedly rise to competitive levels. There are disappointing losses to teams "they should have beaten" or defining upset wins . That is the NFL.

I am going to remain optimistic with hoping all the pieces fall into place and the Broncos become one of those surprise teams of the season. I like a lot of the moves made so far and actually think they have many of the key pieces to improve, it is just a matter if all those pieces can come together on game day..

I agree with the first part, but not on the second. Flacco and the FO have gone on record there are similarities to this offense and what Flacco ran with Kubes in Baltimore. There is familiarity, and he played very well in that system. I will say pre injury last year, Flacco was playing at a pretty high level. Now, I will agree with you on his health. However, with the system and Munchak in place, I'm optimistic on that front. I think he can be a better than average QB, with the arm strength to make any throw on the field.
    Yes, there are similarities. I just don't think Flacco is even half the player that he was in 2014. Injuries to his hip, back, knee, and throwing shoulder have clearly taken their toll on his play. Especially his arm strength, with his YPA being the worst in the league since 2014.

Pre injury last year, after week 9 Flacco was throwing a lot of yards, sure. But do not confuse a lot of yards with good play. He was 26th in passer rating, 27th in completion %, 31st in YPA, and only 19th in TDs while having the most pass attempts in the entire league at that point. Of all QBs that started the first 9 games, Flacco threw the 6th most INTs as well.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...by=pass_rating

So yeah, if yards are all you want, he was 8th in the league at that point, but he was literally among the worst in the league in every other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Not feeling this draft at all. I'm saying it here and now we will have a top pick 10 pick again next next. One step closer to getting Elway outta here.
    Lol because we didnít grab Haskins? You also hated last years draft because we didnít take a QB and last years draft is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Yes, there are similarities. I just don't think Flacco is even half the player that he was in 2014. Injuries to his hip, back, knee, and throwing shoulder have clearly taken their toll on his play. Especially his arm strength, with his YPA being the worst in the league since 2014.

Pre injury last year, after week 9 Flacco was throwing a lot of yards, sure. But do not confuse a lot of yards with good play. He was 26th in passer rating, 27th in completion %, 31st in YPA, and only 19th in TDs while having the most pass attempts in the entire league at that point. Of all QBs that started the first 9 games, Flacco threw the 6th most INTs as well.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...by=pass_rating

So yeah, if yards are all you want, he was 8th in the league at that point, but he was literally among the worst in the league in every other way.
    There wasn't really much talent around him either, and he did have a 2-1 TD to INT ratio. To be frank the scheme and talent on the offense was poor. Improved talent and scheme should benefit him greatly. I get your point, and it's fair. I'm just confident in the scheme and pieces around him.

Stumbled on this video...Sayre nailed Lock and Risner as the two guys Broncos should be going after before the 1st round was even over. We ended up getting both!

How did I get so lucky at 8 years old to pick the Broncos as my favourite NFL team and 35 years later have them be the most successful winning franchise since I picked them

I love what Elway did with the tenth pick. Having Drew Lock and Noah Fant is far better than any single player we could hand gotten at ten.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I love what Elway did with the tenth pick. Having Drew Lock and Noah Fant is far better than any single player we could hand gotten at ten.
    For sure, I would of loved to land a 1st for next year but an extra 2nd the turned into a guy who we were "linked" to all along in Lock put a smile on my face. He is going to sit and learn and fine tune some things and be far more prepared than any QB coming out next year. Being an Iowa fan I couldn't be happier to have that marriage in Fant and Lock. These 3 players are going to be a corner stone for years !!! I love it!!

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Drew Lock/Noah Fant/Dalton Risner is a pretty freaking good 1st and 2nd round.

I agree, there are always worst to first teams, and vice versas. I'm not saying the schedule is tough only because of the teams, but the structure as well. IIRC we only have one btb home stand, and that's week 16 and 17.
    Weeks 6 and 7 are at home and week 9 at home with a bye in week 10. But yes, weeks 16 and 17 are the only other btb home games.

This was a great draft by Elway and company. Job well done!