Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Welcome Noah Fant

Excited we got ya!

I will say I am a bit worried about his hands. I do a lot of research on players and when I did I came across this:

Scott Barrett
    ‏ @ScottBarrettDFB

In college, Noah Fant averaged one drop every 7.0 catchable targets.

T.J. Hockenson averaged one drop every 37.5 catchable targets.

That Eric Ebron comp was super on point.

He's an athletic freak and a matchup nightmare, but he's gonna have to hang on to the ball if he's gonna survive in the NFL.
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

Sorry Noah. You were drafted by the Broncos.

That means, because youíre a tight end, youíre either going to tear an ACL or an Achilles and end up on IR.

Poor guy

At least youíll make some good money though.

😔😥☹️
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Good luck Noah and welcome to the Broncos!
    Thanksgiving is Here!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Sorry Noah. You were drafted by the Broncos.

That means, because youíre a tight end, youíre either going to tear an ACL or an Achilles and end up on IR.

Poor guy

At least youíll make some good money though.

😔😥☹️
    You say that like Shannon Sharpe didnít play for the Broncos.

It is another Big 10 tight end though.

I like the pick. Congrats Noah!

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    You say that like Shannon Sharpe didnít play for the Broncos.

It is another Big 10 tight end though.

I like the pick. Congrats Noah!
    What does Shannon Sharoe have to with the fact that the last three TE selections have had injuries that just lead to drafting another TE?
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    What does Shannon Sharoe have to with the fact that the last three TE selections have had injuries that just lead to drafting another TE?
    What does the fact that other TE's drafted were injured have to do with this one? I know you're being tongue in cheek, but seriously...Just because something happened before doesn't mean it will happen again, that goes the same for good things (Like Sharpe) and bad (like previously injured players)

Let's let Fant come in and be Fant and hope he succeeds...

I really like the pick, big upgrade to this offense and gives us a lot of versatility in scheme.

Read somewhere that when Fant was available at 20, Scangs was banging the table

Quote Originally Posted by DN1218 View Post
    Read somewhere that when Fant was available at 20, Scangs was banging the table

He seemed the most excited on the phone out of the guys that spoke to him:

He'll no doubt attempt to use him like Kittle was/is used in SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    He seemed the most excited on the phone out of the guys that spoke to him:

He'll no doubt attempt to use him like Kittle was/is used in SF.
    That was uncomfortable. Goes to call him John.... goes to Coach....
    Answers the wrong question. LOL

He did better with Vic Fangio
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

Interesting pick. Would have preferred they took Bush at #10 but what is done is done.

Broncos needed a playmaker at TE. They got him. Hock may be considered the better all-aroundTE but from what I am seeing/hearing Fant is the superior recieving threat,especially in the Red Zone. An area the Broncos have been pitiful in recently.

Flacco now has the middle of the field threat he needs to open up the field for Sutton, Sanders. and RBs out of the backfield. Hope his concentration issues are not a big issue in the NFL. But overall I am good with the pick.

Hopefully tomorrow we see an ILB and a couple of olineman selected.
    Last edited by FR Tim; 04-25-2019 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Interesting pick. Would have preferred they took Bush at #10 but what is done is done.

Broncos needed a playmaker at TE. They got him. Hock may be considered the better all-aroundTE but from what I am seeing/hearing Fant is the superior recieving threat,especially in the Red Zone. An area the Broncos have been pitiful in recently.

Flacco now has the middle of the field threat he needs to open up the field for Sutton, Sanders. and RBs out of the backfield. Hope his concentration issues are not a big issue in the NFL. But overall I am good with the pick.

Hopefully tomorrow we see an ILB and a couple of olineman selected.
    Does he give flacco an option in the middle of the field? Seems he doesn't like contact most his plays are outside the numbers where he can use his athleticism to get open. His concentration does seem to stem from hearing footsteps. Seems to me we have a julius thomas type player who is athletic and can use that to get open but don't let him take shots.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

I love the way Elway went about his business in round 1. The trade down with the Steelers was a great move in my opinion. We added a 2nd and 3rd round pick, while getting a guy like Fant in the process, that is a job well done. I think the 2nd rounder we added this year is going to be huge, especially when you look at how the board has fell. This elite defensive line class has forced a tonne of offensive line talent to be pushed way down the board, and we have an opportunity to potentially add 3 immediate impact players to the offense.

Noah Fant is such a smooth athlete, and instantly adds a new dimension to our offense. I think most of us knew that Flacco was going to be the guy for at least this year, and by giving him Fant, I think we will see instant results. If we can now go and sure up the offensive line here, and their is first round talent available, like top 15 talent in a normal year, this offense will be so much improved from a year ago, so much.

I have been ultra critical of Elway over the past few years, he deserves it. But this off-season, he has provided hope to the franchise by making smart, albeit unknown coaching moves, by making splashes in free agency, albeit overpaying for guys, and now starting off the draft in a really positive way. I for the first time in a long-time am beyond excited for the direction this team is taking during the off-season. I haven't been reading other peoples comments on this, but I am in a positive mood right now.

Bush wouldíve been the better pick, IMHO, but perhaps 3 picks mitigates our chances to go bust. New OC and Flacco rely on a playmaking TE, so I get it.

But 4 TE drafted in 5 years seems like overkill. Just admit defeat and move on.
    Then again, DET did something similar until finally hitting on Calvin.

I mean, odds in our favor that eventually a TE will emerge... And Elway did find Julius (although that probably had more to do with Peyton grooming the kid).

To me, though, itís hard to trust Elwayís regime drafting an offensive player.

Anyway, weíll know immediately if this kid is legit bc if he canít own our defense in practice then we know heís a bust.

I would prefer a dominant defense and mediocre offense over a good defense and an average offense. I also feel protecting Flacco a bigger priority over getting him a weapon.

Fant dropped a ton of balls and needs work on his blocking. Iím also not a fan of WR type TEs, especially those that lack functional strength, natural point of attack toughness, who appear to shy away from contact; He seems more like a flex option... but this is the way of RPO and WC, spread offenses in the modern, canít defend bc rules prohibit it, NFL these days.

But, if we move beyond what he lacks in pads and focus on his receiving strength and athleticism... and if coached properly and fits the scheme... hopefully heíll flourish with Lindsay, And the other young skill players.
    Last edited by fraguela09; 04-25-2019 at 09:57 PM.

Bleacher Report loves the pick and the extra draft value we got trading down.

Great analysis here:

https://youtu.be/1f7r6xATRow?t=8684