Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    Am I the only one mad about us drafting yet another TE? What has happened to all the TEs we have drafted the last few years? They either got traded and faded into obscurity (poor JT), or they have gotten hurt and have barely done anything for us with the exception of Green, who ended up getting hurt after a few good seasons.
    So we should never try to solve one of our most glaring weaknesses ever again because we traded one and 3 others got hurt?

I imagine you wonít win many games in this league ignoring a position because youíre afraid itís cursed.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    So we should never try to solve one of our most glaring weaknesses ever again because we traded one and 3 others got hurt?

I imagine you wonít win many games in this league ignoring a position because youíre afraid itís cursed.
    Maybe he was the best playmaker left on the board, wr or otherwise?

Receiving options were pretty slim last year, and all of the guys weíve drafted at TE have been mid round guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Maybe he was the best playmaker left on the board, wr or otherwise?

Receiving options were pretty slim last year, and all of the guys weíve drafted at TE have been mid round guys.
    Only 3 pass catchers were drafted first round and two were tight ends. And one fits a major need for us and most analysts today are considering it major high value. Iím happy with it.

Hope he doesnít get injured obviously as others seem to be worried about.

Only 3 pass catchers were drafted first round and two were tight ends. And one fits a major need for us and most analysts today are considering it major high value. Iím happy with it.

Hope he doesnít get injured obviously as others seem to be worried about.
    The guy is 6'4'' runs a 4.5 40 and 249 pounds and was the 9-12th rated prospect. We got him at 20... That's pretty stinkin good.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    The guy is 6'4'' runs a 4.5 40 and 249 pounds and was the 9-12th rated prospect. We got him at 20... That's pretty stinkin good.
    It's a good pick in an area of need. I just hope Elway doesn't continue to neglect an ILB in either the Second or Third Rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    It's a good pick in an area of need. I just hope Elway doesn't continue to neglect an ILB in either the Second or Third Rounds.
    We have bigger needs to fill. Which was evident when Elway elected to pass on Bush at 10.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    We spent a #4 on Josie Jewell, last year. You "ILB" guys got your Pick, then. Just like John Elway isn't going to spend a top Draft Pick on a Punter, he also isn't going to spend a top Draft Pick on a position that he places a lower value than other positions. Now, if you want a Cornerback, a Tackle, or a Pass-rusher, then you might have a point that can be made. If you continue to insist on an ILB, just prepare to continue to be disappointed. It's really pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I remember when Denver spent a top draft pick on Riley Odoms. That might be 35 years before some peoples time who Post on this Board, but that worked out pretty well.

Just watched the presser .......... these pressers are getting shorter and shorter
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I remember when Denver spent a top draft pick on Riley Odoms. That might be 35 years before some peoples time who Post on this Board, but that worked out pretty well.
    These emotional fans don't understand real value. This is absolutely insane value.
    Last edited by SaltySnipes; 04-26-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Hope heís George Kittle 2.0

I imagine you won’t win many games in this league ignoring a position because you’re afraid it’s cursed.
    Agreed. The whole notion of a "curse" is silly.

We have bigger needs to fill. Which was evident when Elway elected to pass on Bush at 10.
    As our ILBs get toasted for 200 yards by TEs routinely. Just because Elway doesn't value the position doesn't mean he's right. If Mack Wilson is available with either of our round 2 picks and Elway passes he is even more moronic than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    As our ILBs get toasted for 200 yards by TEs routinely. Just because Elway doesn't value the position doesn't mean he's right. If Mack Wilson is available with either of our round 2 picks and Elway passes he is even more moronic than I thought.
    Which is a good idea to get our own TE that can toast ILBs. One draft "expert" said it best, Fant was the best mismatch in the draft. I want to see other teams' LBs try to match up with Fant and Lindsay.

Love love love this pick, Fant is a beast and I'm glad that the broncos are starting to realize that Iowa produces some great players. Going to have to add a Fant away jersey to go with my Jewell jersey I got last year