Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is it too much to hope Lock and Williams fall to us?

We have 2 picks in the first 19 picks of the 2nd round, do we use them to move up and take whoever we want, or do we stay put and hope we somehow get two quality players that also meet needs? If we draft Williams I think Harris will get traded for a ham sandwich. No way Elway just loses him for nothing after next year, unless he plans on Tagging him in 2020. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Letswinplz77; 04-26-2019 at 12:35 AM.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    We have 2 picks in the first 19 picks of the draft, do we use them to move up and take whoever we want, or do we stay put and hope we somehow get two quality players that also meet needs? If we draft Williams I think Harris will get traded for a ham sandwich. No way Elway just loses him for nothing after next year, unless he plans on Tagging him in 2020. Thoughts?
    I seriously doubt we take Lock in the 2nd. The Fant pick, at least to me, confirms we are all in on Flacco. I think the earliest we take a QB, and I do think we will, is the 3rd. Still a number of holes to fill including OL, ILB, and CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    We have 2 picks in the first 19 picks of the draft, do we use them to move up and take whoever we want, or do we stay put and hope we somehow get two quality players that also meet needs? If we draft Williams I think Harris will get traded for a ham sandwich. No way Elway just loses him for nothing after next year, unless he plans on Tagging him in 2020. Thoughts?

If we left Harris walk...there is compensatory picks.. and he will get us a high one.. but let’s hope that doesn’t happen..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    If we left Harris walk...there is compensatory picks.. and he will get us a high one.. but let’s hope that doesn’t happen..
    We get no compensation if we let CHJ go this season. After the season and we don't re-sign him then we get compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeGees View Post
    We get no compensation if we let CHJ go this season. After the season and we don't re-sign him then we get compensation.
    He's under contract this season. So there's no letting him go. He would be a free agent in 2020, which means we won't get compensation until 2021, and only then if we don't bring in a free agent that offsets the loss.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Iím hoping for Lock, Mack Wilson or Risner any combination of those 3 in the second round

There are so many good options left. Lock, Risner, Taylor, Ford, Wilson, Williams, etc.
    We will be in prime position to add 2 of these guys, but you just know Elway is going to reach for someone in the 2nd, someone that would be available in rounds 3-4, itís his thing, itís what heís always done. With all of the good prospects left at positions of need for us, even John canít screw this up, or can he?
    If he does, he needs to be fired immediately. You have at least 5-6 guys available who should have been 1st round picks, go get them John, donít be stupid!

Fangio doesnít want a CB who wont tackle. If we go CB, I suspect Byron Murphy is the selection.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Fangio doesnít want a CB who wont tackle. If we go CB, I suspect Byron Murphy is the selection.
    You can never go wrong with a Murphy lol

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Fangio doesn’t want a CB who wont tackle. If we go CB, I suspect Byron Murphy is the selection.
    That would be a solid pick.

Hoping for the best that CHJ resigns, but I think the writing is on the wall if he does pick up Murphy or Williams.... As for Lock, I don't think he'll be a Bronco. I'm betting we'll get someone like Stidham in the 3rd or 4th. I hope we see Taylor, Ford, McGovern, McCoy, Risner, etc. with one of the 2nd picks and then maybe Dre'mont Jones or someone in that area with the other.

I wouldn't trade up myself, still a bunch of quality players there. If anything I'd be taking offers to trade back again.

I think Lock will fall to us , I'm not so sure we will take gin though. We may be looking at another qb later.

There are a couple quality OT and C still available , I'd be really happy if 2 of our picks were used for Oline.

If we lose Harris, then we need a Cornerback. I would take Greedy. But I think it's a certainty he won't be there. And I have ZERO problems with his tackling.

We lost Shaq and Ray, so we need a Pass Rusher.

We also need a backup Offensive Lineman and a Nose Tackle as well as another Wide Receiver.

We have our QB (Flacco), and his backup (Hogan). The problem with Drafting a QB is that if you see anything good out of the guy (think of Siemian) in pre-season, then you will have to keep him on the roster or he will be exposed on the Practice Squad in a QB-hungry league. So, I hope we don't Draft a QB. We have too many other needs.

Yes especially we dont want lock at all. Williams and harris

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Yes especially we dont want lock at all. Williams and harris
    Traded up for him.