Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Day 2 Targets

Would love Juan Thornhill S - Virginia
    He is sort of a jack of all trades S who tackles well, tracks well and even has CB experience. He's the type of player that will be utilized all over. I would love to draft him and could see Chi and Pitt also interested.

With several top OL prospects still available,
    I would like Denver to solifidy the front five going forward.

R2 09 Right Guard Dalton Risner Kansas State
    (Starting RG, provides depth at Tackle and Center.)

R2 20 Erik McCoy Texas A&M
    (McGovern vs. McCoy for Center, next year McGovern will be a FA)

R3 08 Greg Little Mississippi
    (Swing Tackle, next year replaces Leary at LG or Bolles at LT)

2020 OL
    Bolles
    Little (Leary's cap relief)
    McCoy
    Risner
    James

However, Parris Campbell's speed coupled with Fant's and Lindsay's
    elite speed would be solid building blocks going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    lance Zierlein had landing Drew lock at 41 Elton Jenkins at 52 and mack wilson at 71. which would get me super excited.
    I would like that quite a bit myself.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    With several top OL prospects still available,
    I would like Denver to solifidy the front five going forward.

R2 09 Right Guard Dalton Risner Kansas State
    (Starting RG, provides depth at Tackle and Center.)

R2 20 Erik McCoy Texas A&M
    (McGovern vs. McCoy for Center, next year McGovern will be a FA)

R3 08 Greg Little Mississippi
    (Swing Tackle, next year replaces Leary at LG or Bolles at LT)

2020 OL
    Bolles
    Little (Leary's cap relief)
    McCoy
    Risner
    James

However, Parris Campbell's speed coupled with Fant's and Lindsay's
    elite speed would be solid building blocks going forward.
    The problem with this thought process is you never ever want your entire offensive line all coming up for contract extensions in the same year. It would be catastrophic.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    The problem with this thought process is you never ever want your entire offensive line all coming up for contract extensions in the same year. It would be catastrophic.
    It's better than doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    It's better than doing nothing.
    I didnít say donít do anything. Itís not his way or nothing. We already added James and adding a gaurd or tackle tonight would be huge.

But I wouldnít want to ignore other holes and replace the entire oline. Then in 4 years they are all due for other contracts and we spent and entire draft ignoring defense first 3 rounds.

Round 2

Which way should they go? I would like to see a OLineman and a QB. They may be able to grab the QB out of UCF in the 3rd. So maybe a corner and an OL in round 2. Thoughts?

I didn’t say don’t do anything. It’s not his way or nothing. We already added James and adding a gaurd or tackle tonight would be huge.

But I wouldn’t want to ignore other holes and replace the entire oline. Then in 4 years they are all due for other contracts and we spent and entire draft ignoring defense first 3 rounds.
    agreed. I wouldn't worry about the contract part of it though. They may not all work out and need replacing anyway but that would still be 4 years away to solve that issue. There are some CB and LB that I would like to get in these 2 rounds that we would miss out on if we went all Oline too.

I would like to get the QB from UCF in round 3. OL and CB in round 2

I am really excited for today because I think Elway's picks will surprise us just like last year, and that he's going to go for best value and BPA strategy.....

Right now his trade yesterday is looking genius because Fant has such an opportunity to make a big impact. If we reach we are only going to reach on a MLB.

You make an excellent point.

Hopefully, Elway would re-sign those players before they decide to leave to prevent FA contracts like those awarded to LG Leary and RT James.

I hope RT James turns out to be a solid FA addition or else our entire right side is suspect, again.
    (Not to mention, center McGovern is a FA next year)

IMO, Denver's OL is the team's biggest Achilles heel which is a shame because a solid OL opens running lanes and gives the QB time to throw.

One thing is for sure; I cannot wait for the draft!

Side note: Juan Thornhill, Virginia looks intriguing!

If Drew Lock is there with our first second rounder we got to take him in my opinion. Dalton Risner would be nice too and maybe Conner McGovern just so we can have two lined up next to each other

I expect this Darron Lee trade to get made in the next few days. Apparently Fangio wanted Bush at 10 but Elway wanted an offensive player (likely Hockenson). Trading back gives us some ammo to trade for Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I expect this Darron Lee trade to get made in the next few days. Apparently Fangio wanted Bush at 10 but Elway wanted an offensive player (likely Hockenson). Trading back gives us some ammo to trade for Lee.
    I have not heard that. Source?

I would just assume whatever Woody Paige says is happening, is going to happen. He called Fant yesterday and earlier this morning.

Broncos in second round? Eric McCoy, Greedy Williams, Dalton Risner. All three team captains. The Broncos now into captains after success with them last year. Will take two of three if they are there.,
    https://twitter.com/woodypaige/statu...09432835497985