Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Day 2 Targets

Colts have 3 second round picks, #34, #46 and #59. They also have a lot of cap space and a need at CB, so, if Denver does look to move Harris, I'd look at the Colts as our most likely trade partner.

I'm thinking a run on O line and CB is coming at the start of the 2nd round. I'd love to get Ford or Risner with the first of tonights picks. Both players offer some versatility along the line which just increases their value.

As for pick 52, I'm hoping for CB Rock Ya-Sin (doubtful) or Ole Miss WR A.J. Brown, who I feel is underrated.

3rd round: OT Max Scharping, or one of the QBs in Finley or Stidham.

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    Colts have 3 second round picks, #34, #46 and #59. They also have a lot of cap space and a need at CB, so, if Denver does look to move Harris, I'd look at the Colts as our most likely trade partner.
    What would be the compensation?

Quote Originally Posted by Thors Hammer View Post
    I'm thinking a run on O line and CB is coming at the start of the 2nd round. I'd love to get Ford or Risner with the first of tonights picks. Both players offer some versatility along the line which just increases their value.

As for pick 52, I'm hoping for CB Rock Ya-Sin (doubtful) or Ole Miss WR A.J. Brown, who I feel is underrated.

Sin is definitely a good corner but would he fit Fangios zone scheme if he leans more to that side over man coverage?

“Sin is definitely a good corner but would he fit Fangios zone scheme if he leans more to that side over man coverage?”

Ya Sin is absolutely my choice for a corner in this draft, the dude is sticky as flypaper in July. Playing zone in Fangios scheme would be a change for him, but, he also seems to welcome contact and hits/wraps up fast and hard. Talk about bolstering a secondary, Ya Sin takes us from a good secondary to great (and deep) instantly in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Thors Hammer View Post

agreed. There are a lot of great prospects at both positions. This is the value round for those guys this year.

I've heard that the Colts are fielding calls about #34. If we offer Harris and a late pick, or, a swap of later picks, could be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    I say we take Greedy Williams at 41.
    Mack Wilson at 52.
    Trade Chris Harris for a late 2nd and draft Erik McCoy with that pick.
    Draft Michael Deiter in the 3rd
    I like this idea.

I don’t see how we could pass on Taylor or Ford if they’re still there after getting a TE for Flacco. Keeping Flacco upright should be the priority and IMO these guys should have been the first two olinemen off the board. Then come back with the 2nd pick and take AJ Brown or a CB if there isn’t a huge run there. But I like the combo of Fant, Sanders, Sutton, and Brown.

We have needs at QB, WR, OL, DL, LB and DB.

QB - need backup/prospect to develop.
    WR - need someone to compete with Hamilton for #3, and maybe step up if Sutton isn't the guy.
    OL - Need starting guard, maybe a starting center and depth.
    DL - Need nose tackle and DE depth
    LB - Need both ILB and OLB depth
    DB - Need CB depth. Im assuming Chris Harris will stay.

With so many needs, it was a brilliant move by Elway to accumulate an extra second rounder this year. Nice work Elway.

The Broncos need a Cornerback (Harris may be gone), a Pass-rusher (we lost Shaq and Ray), and an offensive lineman who can play multiple positions on the Line. After that, I believe the Broncos will Draft a Wide Receiver and a Defensive lineman. Period. And no, if you go by Elway's Draft History, we aren't going after an ILB. I know that statement will cause some people to go on "Suicide Watch", but other than Josey Jewell in the 4th, Elway has shown he doesn't value the position.

And I would assume that the Broncos will choose the BPA at those specific positions of need.

Now that we know there is no QB competition upcoming, I am all for Tyree Jackson. If someone can polish up his game he could have Mahomes type impact in a year or two.
    He has a cannon arm, is strong, and fast. If someone can get him to stop attempting tough throws so often and use that improbable throwing ability as a sparing weapon, the sky is the limit for this guy.

I would hate to see NE, OAK or LAC draft him, but it's going to be a team like that who does.....the more I watch him the more I hope he's there and we use the Steelers pick to snag him.

Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    We got a 5th for a health Aqib Talib, one of the Top CBs in the league, We would be lucky to get a 5th Round Pick for a guy coming off of a broken leg, IMHO.

Maybe we should draft Zion WIlliamson and try to convert him to a QB?

lance Zierlein had landing Drew lock at 41 Elton Jenkins at 52 and mack wilson at 71. which would get me super excited.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait