Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 19 of 19
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,019
    Quote Originally Posted by raziel View Post
    Baph, that just isn't true. I read the smack daily, and most were not sold in keenum, there were huge question marks. You had several posters arguing keenum with you, not most everyone, like you insinuate. You're the king of hyperbole
    okay then name them, i'll wait.


    Welcome Back! #85

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,194
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    This is funny coming from the fan of the franchise that has a "Raider Week". There's no Donkey Week for us.

    As for where we'll play next, who cares. Since the motto is "Just Beat the Broncos (spare no expense), Baby" (gotta add the baby) achievements have been unlocked:

    11-3 vs. Denver in L.A
    24-22 vs. Denver in Oakland
    Heck the Raiders even have a winning record IN Denver at 29-28-2

    I say they've lived up to the Mozzerpete Motto no matter where they play. Where's next? London? Mexico? JaMarcus' folds? LOL
    Well then, if you claim the Raiders have no "Broncos Week" for their historic rival, then it (again) speaks to their unintelligence as an organization due to poor marketing.

    Also, what's the point of touting the Raiders "unlocked achievements" over the Broncos if we're so unimportant? Tell me, do you visit any other team's message board or just Denver's? Clearly you need our approval. DECLINED.

    On a side note, the Raiders new (until they move, yet again) stadium in Las Vegas looks spectacular.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,490
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Well then, if you claim the Raiders have no "Broncos Week" for their historic rival, then it (again) speaks to their unintelligence as an organization due to poor marketing.
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Also, what's the point of touting the Raiders "unlocked achievements" over the Broncos if we're so unimportant?
    I never said you're unimportant. I've just never heard of a Broncos Week the way the Broncos, Chiefs and Chargers have a Raider Week. The actual phrase was coined by Marty Schottenheimer based on pure hatred and the phrase was adopted by the other two teams for the same reason. The Raiders focus on the Broncos twice a year as they do the Chiefs and Chargers and those 6 games are more important than the other ten.

    To give you an example, I searched this forum for the term "Chargers Week. Found 1. Search for "Chiefs Week". Found 0. I even search for "Patriots Week" and strangely found one in 2012.

    As for "Raider Week"? 13 threads over the years. And one was by a Chiefs fan.

    Admittedly one was by me. But I was copying you guys using the phrase.

    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Tell me, do you visit any other team's message board or just Denver's? Clearly you need our approval. DECLINED.
    I said it on many occasions, this forum's structure is inviting for more than just football talk and more than Broncos fans. You guys have a Raider Nation portion for goodness sake. And a Yankees portion. Just because it's primarily a Broncos site doesn't take away from the fact that it's one of the best on the net for non-Bronco fans. The smack portion has declined in recent years but it was full of life when I originally joined and still has its moments.

    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    On a side note, the Raiders new (until they move, yet again) stadium in Las Vegas looks spectacular.
    Yes it does. Something the Raiders needed since 1981.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,194
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I never said you're unimportant. I've just never heard of a Broncos Week the way the Broncos, Chiefs and Chargers have a Raider Week. The actual phrase was coined by Marty Schottenheimer based on pure hatred and the phrase was adopted by the other two teams for the same reason. The Raiders focus on the Broncos twice a year as they do the Chiefs and Chargers and those 6 games are more important than the other ten.

    To give you an example, I searched this forum for the term "Chargers Week. Found 1. Search for "Chiefs Week". Found 0. I even search for "Patriots Week" and strangely found one in 2012.

    As for "Raider Week"? 13 threads over the years. And one was by a Chiefs fan.

    Admittedly one was by me. But I was copying you guys using the phrase.
    I think the disdain runs just as deep on both sides as that's what makes the rivalry special.

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I said it on many occasions, this forum's structure is inviting for more than just football talk and more than Broncos fans. You guys have a Raider Nation portion for goodness sake. And a Yankees portion. Just because it's primarily a Broncos site doesn't take away from the fact that it's one of the best on the net for non-Bronco fans. The smack portion has declined in recent years but it was full of life when I originally joined and still has its moments.
    You're correct that this is a cool site, but there is always room for improvement.

    I apologize for the smack decline over the years. As a veteran Chicago Public Schools Special Education Teacher, I can assure you it's not entirely Baph's fault as he simply doesn't know any better. Thankfully he isn't one of my students, so I tend to ignore his outbursts. He'll learn, one day.

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Yes it does. Something the Raiders needed since 1981.
    The odds are I will be moving to Las Vegas so at least I am guaranteed to see one Broncos game live a year without traveling!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •