• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baphamet
    Family Trust Beer
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by raziel View Post
    Baph, that just isn't true. I read the smack daily, and most were not sold in keenum, there were huge question marks. You had several posters arguing keenum with you, not most everyone, like you insinuate. You're the king of hyperbole
    okay then name them, i'll wait.

Comment

• mozzerpete
      All-Pro
      • May 2008

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
      This is funny coming from the fan of the franchise that has a "Raider Week". There's no Donkey Week for us.

As for where we'll play next, who cares. Since the motto is "Just Beat the Broncos (spare no expense), Baby" (gotta add the baby) achievements have been unlocked:

11-3 vs. Denver in L.A
      24-22 vs. Denver in Oakland
      Heck the Raiders even have a winning record IN Denver at 29-28-2

I say they've lived up to the Mozzerpete Motto no matter where they play. Where's next? London? Mexico? JaMarcus' folds? LOL
      Well then, if you claim the Raiders have no "Broncos Week" for their historic rival, then it (again) speaks to their unintelligence as an organization due to poor marketing.

Also, what's the point of touting the Raiders "unlocked achievements" over the Broncos if we're so unimportant? Tell me, do you visit any other team's message board or just Denver's? Clearly you need our approval. DECLINED.

On a side note, the Raiders new (until they move, yet again) stadium in Las Vegas looks spectacular.

Comment

• DevilSpawn
        versus you
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
        Well then, if you claim the Raiders have no "Broncos Week" for their historic rival, then it (again) speaks to their unintelligence as an organization due to poor marketing.
        Also, what's the point of touting the Raiders "unlocked achievements" over the Broncos if we're so unimportant?
        I never said you're unimportant. I've just never heard of a Broncos Week the way the Broncos, Chiefs and Chargers have a Raider Week. The actual phrase was coined by Marty Schottenheimer based on pure hatred and the phrase was adopted by the other two teams for the same reason. The Raiders focus on the Broncos twice a year as they do the Chiefs and Chargers and those 6 games are more important than the other ten.

To give you an example, I searched this forum for the term "Chargers Week. Found 1. Search for "Chiefs Week". Found 0. I even search for "Patriots Week" and strangely found one in 2012.

As for "Raider Week"? 13 threads over the years. And one was by a Chiefs fan.

Admittedly one was by me. But I was copying you guys using the phrase.

Tell me, do you visit any other team's message board or just Denver's? Clearly you need our approval. DECLINED.
        I said it on many occasions, this forum's structure is inviting for more than just football talk and more than Broncos fans. You guys have a Raider Nation portion for goodness sake. And a Yankees portion. Just because it's primarily a Broncos site doesn't take away from the fact that it's one of the best on the net for non-Bronco fans. The smack portion has declined in recent years but it was full of life when I originally joined and still has its moments.

On a side note, the Raiders new (until they move, yet again) stadium in Las Vegas looks spectacular.
        Yes it does. Something the Raiders needed since 1981.

Comment

• mozzerpete
          All-Pro
          • May 2008

I never said you're unimportant. I've just never heard of a Broncos Week the way the Broncos, Chiefs and Chargers have a Raider Week. The actual phrase was coined by Marty Schottenheimer based on pure hatred and the phrase was adopted by the other two teams for the same reason. The Raiders focus on the Broncos twice a year as they do the Chiefs and Chargers and those 6 games are more important than the other ten.

To give you an example, I searched this forum for the term "Chargers Week. Found 1. Search for "Chiefs Week". Found 0. I even search for "Patriots Week" and strangely found one in 2012.

As for "Raider Week"? 13 threads over the years. And one was by a Chiefs fan.

Admittedly one was by me. But I was copying you guys using the phrase.
          I think the disdain runs just as deep on both sides as that's what makes the rivalry special.

I said it on many occasions, this forum's structure is inviting for more than just football talk and more than Broncos fans. You guys have a Raider Nation portion for goodness sake. And a Yankees portion. Just because it's primarily a Broncos site doesn't take away from the fact that it's one of the best on the net for non-Bronco fans. The smack portion has declined in recent years but it was full of life when I originally joined and still has its moments.
          You're correct that this is a cool site, but there is always room for improvement.

I apologize for the smack decline over the years. As a veteran Chicago Public Schools Special Education Teacher, I can assure you it's not entirely Baph's fault as he simply doesn't know any better. Thankfully he isn't one of my students, so I tend to ignore his outbursts. He'll learn, one day.

Yes it does. Something the Raiders needed since 1981.
          The odds are I will be moving to Las Vegas so at least I am guaranteed to see one Broncos game live a year without traveling! :thumb:

Comment

• Mainrnxile
            Starter
            • Dec 2015

“@GehlkenNFL: Jon Gruden on backup quarterback battle: “This Nate Peterman is growing on me.””

————————————

. I’m guessing the AFC(W) would appreciate this decision. Maybe they won’t sweep Denver this year.....

Comment

• DevilSpawn
              versus you
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mainrnxile View Post
              “@GehlkenNFL: Jon Gruden on backup quarterback battle: “This Nate Peterman is growing on me.””

————————————

. I’m guessing the AFC(W) would appreciate this decision. Maybe they won’t sweep Denver this year.....
              I swear if he makes the 53 I'm killing everyone.

Comment

• Mainrnxile
                Starter
                • Dec 2015

I swear if he makes the 53 I'm killing everyone.
                No jury in the country would take issue - except perhaps KC and Denver...

Comment

• Mainrnxile
                  Starter
                  • Dec 2015

Michael Silver
                  @MikeSilver
                  THREAD: 1) Even before suffering bizarre injuries to his feet, Antonio Brown alarmed Raiders coaches and teammates by railing against the NFL’s enhanced enforcement of helmet regulations, a policy change which will likely force the star receiver to switch to a new model...
                  ——————-

This is so good. I so wish AB and his feet and his crazy diva antics were still in Pittsburg. It’s being wasted on the Raiders, where crazy is just another day at the office.

Comment

• Houshmazode
                    The Mountaineer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Mainrnxile View Post
                    Michael Silver
                    @MikeSilver
                    THREAD: 1) Even before suffering bizarre injuries to his feet, Antonio Brown alarmed Raiders coaches and teammates by railing against the NFL’s enhanced enforcement of helmet regulations, a policy change which will likely force the star receiver to switch to a new model...
                    ——————-

This is so good. I so wish AB and his feet and his crazy diva antics were still in Pittsburg. It’s being wasted on the Raiders, where crazy is just another day at the office.
                    Steelers or Raiders, makes no difference to me.
                    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                    sigpic

Comment

• DevilSpawn
                      versus you
                      • Mar 2006

Comment

• Sam_Z
                        Banned User
                        • Dec 2004

The Steelers have got to be laughing right now with the thought of “that clown is somebody else’s problem”, of all things, a helmet!

AB subconsciously, just may not want to play anymore.
                        Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-10-2019, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• DevilSpawn
                          versus you
                          • Mar 2006

As a sports fan, this is the 3rd craziest thing I've seen from my teams, the first being The Bronx Zoo Yankees of 1978. But at least we won the World Series that year.

The second was Barrett Robbins in Mexico.

But for me this isn't the worst news of the week. Losing guard Gabe Jackson for 2 months is worse.

Comment

• Sam_Z
                            Banned User
                            • Dec 2004

As a sports fan, this is the 3rd craziest thing I've seen from my teams, the first being The Bronx Zoo Yankees of 1978. But at least we won the World Series that year.

The second was Barrett Robbins in Mexico.

But for me this isn't the worst news of the week. Losing guard Gabe Jackson for 2 months is worse.
                            Barrett Robbins was suffering from a mental illness bless his heart. I’ve heard analysts say the same about AB.

Not making excuses but just saying

Comment

• DevilSpawn
                              versus you
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                              Barrett Robbins was suffering from a mental illness bless his heart. I’ve heard analysts say the same about AB.

Not making excuses but just saying
                              I think it's called Divaticulitis. It's usually caused by inflammation of the ego.

Comment

• Spice 1
                                Football Immortal
                                • Sep 2004

I think it's called Divaticulitis. It's usually caused by inflammation of the ego.
                                This is the best thing I've seen in here in a while. I can't CP you again right now. lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X