Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,479

    Drew lock and DAlton risner in round 2

    i love what elway is doing in this draft. we got a guy who can start at center guard or tackle in the second. then we got a Developemental QB.

    what i really want to talk about is how much better our o-line looks now,

    Bolles Leary Mcgovern Risner James

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,080
    I was way off on the first round, but we still got two of my favorite prospects in the 2nd round.

    Really pleased with this draft. If we can nab a NT or an ILB in round 3 I'll be pumped. Lots of good talent still on the board.

    Lock, Lindsey, Freeman, Fant, Sutton makes for a really exciting young offensive core

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Posts
    681
    So stoked to get Risner. This pick for me will turn out to be the best in the draft.

    Lock, Iím ok with grabbing him where we did. I never wanted him in the first but getting him in the second was spot on. Thatís where his value was really at as I see it.

    Weíve not reached for any of our picks so far. I like how this draft is shaping up so far.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,099
    After watching that NFL Network Special on Risner, I like this Pick. I can't help but believe that they will be moving him inside. And the Lock pick should make the Lock Fans happy. He is a 2nd Round talent who the Broncos took in the 2nd Round. And, as with all players in the Draft, I accept that it is possible that Elway knows a little bit more about Lock than me, or anyone else on this Board. The great thing about Lock is that arm. As with speed, other than working out, you can't teach "arm strength".

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,479
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    After watching that NFL Network Special on Risner, I like this Pick. I can't help but believe that they will be moving him inside. And the Lock pick should make the Lock Fans happy. He is a 2nd Round talent who the Broncos took in the 2nd Round. And, as with all players in the Draft, I accept that it is possible that Elway knows a little bit more about Lock than me, or anyone else on this Board. The great thing about Lock is that arm. As with speed, other than working out, you can't teach "arm strength".
    they will for sure move him inside. but he played inside at kansas state. and he can play all 5 spots on the line.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,489
    Not going to lie, I am liking the draft. Something to like for everyone , minus like 2 players.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Taos, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,265
    Great job so far by the FO
    [

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    1,063
    thats pushing the tenth pick back 75 percent, and getting 66 percent more personnel.
    Last edited by Endaround; 04-26-2019 at 05:34 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dinner Table, Hungry
    Posts
    2,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Endaround View Post
    thats pushing the tenth pick back 75 percent, and getting 66 percent more personnel.
    Math doesn't check out

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    1,063
    tenth pick to the fortieth, 75 percent devaluation, 2 out of three people picked before the supposed 10th. 66.6666 percent.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,070
    I am loving this draft so far.

    Masterfully done by Elway.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i love what elway is doing in this draft. we got a guy who can start at center guard or tackle in the second. then we got a Developemental QB.

    what i really want to talk about is how much better our o-line looks now,

    Bolles Leary Mcgovern Risner James
    I've seen speculation that Risner might be best suited to play center. Either way. Love the pick.

    Lock I'm lukewarm on. Understand the reasoning just not thrilled with the potential locker room friction for a project QB that will have a following with a loud voice and lack of patience with needed development. Hope I'm wrong.Or that Flacco plays better then I expect to keep the controversy to a minimum.

    Certainly has been an interesting draft so far.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sydney,Australia
    Posts
    1,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Endaround View Post
    tenth pick to the fortieth, 75 percent devaluation, 2 out of three people picked before the supposed 10th. 66.6666 percent.
    Incorrect formula.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Grew up in Aurora! live in Bothell, Wa.
    Posts
    2,277
    I like where we picked up Lock, seemed like a pretty cool move with the back to back picks. Kind of reminds me of a couple super bowls back in the 90's.


    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Endaround View Post
    tenth pick to the fortieth, 75 percent devaluation, 2 out of three people picked before the supposed 10th. 66.6666 percent.
    You lost me, and I have two engineering degrees.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •