Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I was ready to take a poison pill when I heard the Broncos drafted Drew Lock, then I watched how it went down on the DVR and as long as Dalton Risner was picked up too, I'm ok with it because we really needed him! Then I saw Lock's highlights video and I must say, very impressive. He definitely has a big and accurate arm, he does well to lead the receiver even on long passes, his placement is spot on. It was also nice they added the 4th ranked DT in the 3rd rnd!

We needed a draft like this. I know defense would have helped us but there is still hope to sign CHJ which will make a huge difference and maybe find some defensive help immediately after the draft in the UFA closeout bin.

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    You lost me, and I have two engineering degrees.
    We missed that right turn in Albuquerque again

GAHH!!

Broncos added toughness to OL and DL, grabbed their top rated QB, and added arguably the most dynamic receiving threat in draft. 4 top 50 ranked players (by some).

I like Risner. Beefing up the O line is big. I am glad we didn't take Lock in the 1st. He can now develop behind Flacco with not much pressure and expectation. Flacco if healthy is locked into starting this year and probably next, but Lock will be preparing to start all the while. Our QB situation looks way better now than at the end of last season.

I'm assuming Risner will compete for the LG spot?

Lock wanted to go to the Chiefs but he will probably make it his personal goal to blast them any time he plays them. Playing behind Joe Flacco is going to be great for him.
    Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    I've seen speculation that Risner might be best suited to play center. Either way. Love the pick.

Lock I'm lukewarm on. Understand the reasoning just not thrilled with the potential locker room friction for a project QB that will have a following with a loud voice and lack of patience with needed development. Hope I'm wrong.Or that Flacco plays better then I expect to keep the controversy to a minimum.

Certainly has been an interesting draft so far.
    I think if Flacco played poorly, we would be shouting for Hogan or Grayson to start which is an awful situation for fans and the franchise to be in. At least now we have a solid succession and back up plan if the Flacco experiment doesn't work out.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

This has been a very good first 2 days of the draft. It would seem that Fangio and Elway are figuring out how to value players in the draft and shift picks to get maximum leverage. I think if they can finish out the draft with a solid WR and ILB, I would be ecstatic. Hopefully CB won't be a huge need if the Harris situation figures itself out.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    This has been a very good first 2 days of the draft. It would seem that Fangio and Elway are figuring out how to value players in the draft and shift picks to get maximum leverage. I think if they can finish out the draft with a solid WR and ILB, I would be ecstatic. Hopefully CB won't be a huge need if the Harris situation figures itself out.
    I think weve already got decent talent at WR. I think Hamilton will have a good year

Quote Originally Posted by Zanataki View Post
    Lock wanted to go to the Chiefs but he will probably make it his personal goal to blast them any time he plays them. Playing behind Joe Flacco is going to be great for him.
    That job is probably going to be locked down for a long time. At least he gets to play them twice a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I think weve already got decent talent at WR. I think Hamilton will have a good year
    I agree, if Hamilton cant get over the little injuries he had last year. Im looking forward to seeing if Tim Patrick can progress abit more aswell

Couldnt be happier with how the draft has gone so far. No huge reaches and guys who can help now and down the road. Id say this is Elways best draft so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    He's a slot receiver, we'll need someone to replace Sanders on the outside this year.

Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    His website crashed the night of the draft. What he is doing inspiring!

Quote Originally Posted by Zanataki View Post
    Why would he want to go to KC? He would never get a shot at starting there.