Football Immortal
    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Elway has picked only guys from the top 30 visits. All that's left are:
    Justin Hollins OLB Oregon
    Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Keke DE A+M
    Isaiah Johnson CB Houston

The guy I think has a shot of being there is Hollins. I think we can pencil him in with one of the 5ths.

Guys I'm really high on are Renell Wren DL Arizona St, Daylon Mack NT A+M, Tyler Roemer OT SDST, Julian Love CB ND. Personally, id like a

Hollins
    Mack
    Roemer

Finish

PFA would be Bryce Love
    Funny because someone in the top 30 visits thread was swearing up and down the visits didn’t matter and we should be wasting several on smoke screens. Perhaps they were more important after all.

Also IMO I don’t have anything against Bryce Love but that would be a bad pick when we already have Freeman and Lindsay. We need to use today’s picks on defense.
    sigpic

Comment

• listopencil
      Revenant
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
      Jones is an extremely athletic one-gapping three-technique with the ability to play a disruptive brand of football on all three downs. His potential has never been in doubt, but in 2018 the production finally matched the talent. His body type and playing style will open him up to more feast-or-famine snaps than some of the other defensive tackles in this draft, but in the right scheme, he can become part of a swarm unit that plays on the other side of the ball.

NFL.com scouting report

Pro Football Focus has come out with another telling stat when it relates to graduating Ohio State defensive lineman Dre’Mont Jones. We all know he’s a sure fire NFL draft pick, and one of the best interior lineman in the draft, but the separation between him and the rest of the Big Ten is larger than anyone thought.

According to a Tweet shared by @PFF_College, Jones almost doubled up the next closes defensive lineman in the Big Ten with quarterback pressures. It’s an unofficial stat, but 59 hurries is an astronomical number. The next best number is Jordan Thompson of Northwestern with 29.

Someone in the NFL is going to be grinning like a Cheshire Cat to get their hands on that much production at the next level.

Ohio St website

Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

• JvDub95
        Football Immortal
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
        The profiles I've read say that he has good speed, is above average covering RB's and TE's, and is fluid in his movements causing him to be a good cover guy all around. The weaknesses look like they apply more to the run game. Shedding/slipping blocks, body positioning to cut off run lanes, not as improvisational/chaotic as you may like although he does play with an edge. I'm not saying your wrong because I haven't watched enough of him to really say how or how well he is going to play with any certainty, but he seems to be more of a compliment to Jewel than a clone.
        He ran a 4:63 and a 4:73 in his pro day that is ok but not good speed.....aka Jewell

​​​​

Comment

• DenverBlood
          Football Immortal
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
          Couldn't agree more!! Davis a liability more than he is an asset
          Didn’t Todd Davis lead the team in tackles? I realize he can’t cover tight ends but i think fans under estimate how much Elway values Todd Davis. I’m not sure he feels the position is a need the way fans do. And is very likely why he has passed on both Devin Bush and Mack Wilson.

If he wasn’t going to sit tight and take Bush at 10 I seriously doubt he is going to take Wilson let alone move up for him. Elway is mostly likely looking to get better elsewhere.

And we just extended Davis. Like it or not I think Elway plan is to stick to Davis and Jewell.
          sigpic

Comment

• the0rangecrush
            Captain
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            Funny because someone in the top 30 visits thread was swearing up and down the visits didn’t matter and we should be wasting several on smoke screens. Perhaps they were more important after all.

Also IMO I don’t have anything against Bryce Love but that would be a bad pick when we already have Freeman and Lindsay. We need to use today’s picks on defense.
            I was thinking Love as an UDFA. He will likely need a redshirt year. Let him redshirt for us this year. He has the Elway Stanford connection, and Booker is a FA at seasons end, I think Bryce can slide into that role next year.
            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
            I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• JvDub95
              Football Immortal
              • Jan 2005

Didn’t Todd Davis lead the team in tackles? I realize he can’t cover tight ends but i think fans under estimate how much Elway values Todd Davis. I’m not sure he feels the position is a need the way fans do. And is very likely why he has passed on both Devin Bush and Mack Wilson.

If he wasn’t going to sit tight and take Bush at 10 I seriously doubt he is going to take Wilson let alone move up for him. Elway is mostly likely looking to get better elsewhere.

And we just extended Davis. Like it or not I think Elway plan is to stick to Davis and Jewell.
              You are probably right but there is no depth after losing Marshall so I would think it is pretty important to add someone

​​​​

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                Captain
                • Apr 2009

I think Davis has a role on this team, but I wouldn't use him every down. Im still Keen on the idea of adding Darron Lee from the Jets, would be a solid pick-up. His value will take a drop post draft, so maybe he will be moved today.
                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• listopencil
                  Revenant
                  • Aug 2003

He ran a 4:63 and a 4:73 in his pro day that is ok but not good speed.....aka Jewell
                  Ugh. We need a guy that can fly around and cover.
                  Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

• JvDub95
                    Football Immortal
                    • Jan 2005

Hakeem Butler would be a stud WR to add too, he definitely would have to be a trade up candidate though

​​​​

Comment

• DenverBlood
                      Football Immortal
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                      I think Davis has a role on this team, but I wouldn't use him every down. Im still Keen on the idea of adding Darron Lee from the Jets, would be a solid pick-up. His value will take a drop post draft, so maybe he will be moved today.
                      Yeah my point wasn’t to sell anyone here on Davis. It’s more that I think the staff values him way higher than the fans do
                      sigpic

Comment

• myoung
                        Captain
                        • Mar 2004

Ben Burr-Kirven is a better fit for what we need than Mack Wilson. He is small but tremendous instincts and excellent coverage skills. He ran a 4.56 and prob has the best instincts of any ILB in this draft. He will outplay his draft status. IMO Mack Wilson will not be the coverage LB everyone wants

Comment

• atwaterandstir
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jul 2012

Hakeem Butler would be a stud WR to add too, he definitely would have to be a trade up candidate though
                          Was just thinking about him as well.
                          Pretty hard to defend against that size and speed when teams already are going to have to give some extra attention when Sutton and Fant are lined up on the same side. It's probably a luxury we can't afford to chase, but Butler or a great route runner like Ridley could carve teams up as 3rd options/single coverage weapons.

If Sanders comes back fully healthy, hes going to be in position for a really productive season

Comment

• BroncosIsWin
                            Bench Warmer
                            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post
                            Possibly trade our third from Pittsburgh next year and get a 4th and 7th in return?
                            Why do that? The chances of someone hitting in the 7th round are slim to none and a 4th is less than a 3rd.

Comment

• sra84
                              Football Immortal
                              • Mar 2019

Would like to get a linebacker, first and foremost. Wide receiver, cornerback, edge rusher, and another offensive lineman. Any combination of those positions I'm good with.

Comment

• myoung
                                Captain
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                                Was just thinking about him as well.
                                Pretty hard to defend against that size and speed when teams already are going to have to give some extra attention when Sutton and Fant are lined up on the same side. It's probably a luxury we can't afford to chase, but Butler or a great route runner like Ridley could carve teams up as 3rd options/single coverage weapons.

If Sanders comes back fully healthy, hes going to be in position for a really productive season
                                Totally agree if Butler and Ridley are available we should grab one. I would also Hart at slot receiver

I wouldn’t mind taking BJ Autry with a late round pick. I think he could develop into a starting Guard

Comment

Working...
                                X