Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41

Thread: Day 3 Targets

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,418
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Elway has picked only guys from the top 30 visits. All that's left are:
    Justin Hollins OLB Oregon
    Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Keke DE A+M
    Isaiah Johnson CB Houston

    The guy I think has a shot of being there is Hollins. I think we can pencil him in with one of the 5ths.

    Guys I'm really high on are Renell Wren DL Arizona St, Daylon Mack NT A+M, Tyler Roemer OT SDST, Julian Love CB ND. Personally, id like a

    Hollins
    Mack
    Roemer

    Finish

    PFA would be Bryce Love
    Funny because someone in the top 30 visits thread was swearing up and down the visits didnít matter and we should be wasting several on smoke screens. Perhaps they were more important after all.

    Also IMO I donít have anything against Bryce Love but that would be a bad pick when we already have Freeman and Lindsay. We need to use todayís picks on defense.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    3,818
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Jones is an extremely athletic one-gapping three-technique with the ability to play a disruptive brand of football on all three downs. His potential has never been in doubt, but in 2018 the production finally matched the talent. His body type and playing style will open him up to more feast-or-famine snaps than some of the other defensive tackles in this draft, but in the right scheme, he can become part of a swarm unit that plays on the other side of the ball.

    NFL.com scouting report


    Pro Football Focus has come out with another telling stat when it relates to graduating Ohio State defensive lineman Dre’Mont Jones. We all know he’s a sure fire NFL draft pick, and one of the best interior lineman in the draft, but the separation between him and the rest of the Big Ten is larger than anyone thought.

    According to a Tweet shared by @PFF_College, Jones almost doubled up the next closes defensive lineman in the Big Ten with quarterback pressures. It’s an unofficial stat, but 59 hurries is an astronomical number. The next best number is Jordan Thompson of Northwestern with 29.

    Someone in the NFL is going to be grinning like a Cheshire Cat to get their hands on that much production at the next level.

    Ohio St website


  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,413
    Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    The profiles I've read say that he has good speed, is above average covering RB's and TE's, and is fluid in his movements causing him to be a good cover guy all around. The weaknesses look like they apply more to the run game. Shedding/slipping blocks, body positioning to cut off run lanes, not as improvisational/chaotic as you may like although he does play with an edge. I'm not saying your wrong because I haven't watched enough of him to really say how or how well he is going to play with any certainty, but he seems to be more of a compliment to Jewel than a clone.
    He ran a 4:63 and a 4:73 in his pro day that is ok but not good speed.....aka Jewell


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,418
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Couldn't agree more!! Davis a liability more than he is an asset
    Didnít Todd Davis lead the team in tackles? I realize he canít cover tight ends but i think fans under estimate how much Elway values Todd Davis. Iím not sure he feels the position is a need the way fans do. And is very likely why he has passed on both Devin Bush and Mack Wilson.

    If he wasnít going to sit tight and take Bush at 10 I seriously doubt he is going to take Wilson let alone move up for him. Elway is mostly likely looking to get better elsewhere.

    And we just extended Davis. Like it or not I think Elway plan is to stick to Davis and Jewell.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,506
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Funny because someone in the top 30 visits thread was swearing up and down the visits didnít matter and we should be wasting several on smoke screens. Perhaps they were more important after all.

    Also IMO I donít have anything against Bryce Love but that would be a bad pick when we already have Freeman and Lindsay. We need to use todayís picks on defense.
    I was thinking Love as an UDFA. He will likely need a redshirt year. Let him redshirt for us this year. He has the Elway Stanford connection, and Booker is a FA at seasons end, I think Bryce can slide into that role next year.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,413
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Didnít Todd Davis lead the team in tackles? I realize he canít cover tight ends but i think fans under estimate how much Elway values Todd Davis. Iím not sure he feels the position is a need the way fans do. And is very likely why he has passed on both Devin Bush and Mack Wilson.

    If he wasnít going to sit tight and take Bush at 10 I seriously doubt he is going to take Wilson let alone move up for him. Elway is mostly likely looking to get better elsewhere.

    And we just extended Davis. Like it or not I think Elway plan is to stick to Davis and Jewell.
    You are probably right but there is no depth after losing Marshall so I would think it is pretty important to add someone


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,506
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Didnít Todd Davis lead the team in tackles? I realize he canít cover tight ends but i think fans under estimate how much Elway values Todd Davis. Iím not sure he feels the position is a need the way fans do. And is very likely why he has passed on both Devin Bush and Mack Wilson.

    If he wasnít going to sit tight and take Bush at 10 I seriously doubt he is going to take Wilson let alone move up for him. Elway is mostly likely looking to get better elsewhere.

    And we just extended Davis. Like it or not I think Elway plan is to stick to Davis and Jewell.
    I think Davis has a role on this team, but I wouldn't use him every down. Im still Keen on the idea of adding Darron Lee from the Jets, would be a solid pick-up. His value will take a drop post draft, so maybe he will be moved today.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    3,818
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    He ran a 4:63 and a 4:73 in his pro day that is ok but not good speed.....aka Jewell
    Ugh. We need a guy that can fly around and cover.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,413
    Hakeem Butler would be a stud WR to add too, he definitely would have to be a trade up candidate though


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,418
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I think Davis has a role on this team, but I wouldn't use him every down. Im still Keen on the idea of adding Darron Lee from the Jets, would be a solid pick-up. His value will take a drop post draft, so maybe he will be moved today.
    Yeah my point wasn’t to sell anyone here on Davis. It’s more that I think the staff values him way higher than the fans do

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,707
    Ben Burr-Kirven is a better fit for what we need than Mack Wilson. He is small but tremendous instincts and excellent coverage skills. He ran a 4.56 and prob has the best instincts of any ILB in this draft. He will outplay his draft status. IMO Mack Wilson will not be the coverage LB everyone wants

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,853
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Hakeem Butler would be a stud WR to add too, he definitely would have to be a trade up candidate though
    Was just thinking about him as well.
    Pretty hard to defend against that size and speed when teams already are going to have to give some extra attention when Sutton and Fant are lined up on the same side. It's probably a luxury we can't afford to chase, but Butler or a great route runner like Ridley could carve teams up as 3rd options/single coverage weapons.

    If Sanders comes back fully healthy, hes going to be in position for a really productive season

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by 15thebeast View Post
    Possibly trade our third from Pittsburgh next year and get a 4th and 7th in return?
    Why do that? The chances of someone hitting in the 7th round are slim to none and a 4th is less than a 3rd.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    195
    Would like to get a linebacker, first and foremost. Wide receiver, cornerback, edge rusher, and another offensive lineman. Any combination of those positions I'm good with.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Was just thinking about him as well.
    Pretty hard to defend against that size and speed when teams already are going to have to give some extra attention when Sutton and Fant are lined up on the same side. It's probably a luxury we can't afford to chase, but Butler or a great route runner like Ridley could carve teams up as 3rd options/single coverage weapons.

    If Sanders comes back fully healthy, hes going to be in position for a really productive season
    Totally agree if Butler and Ridley are available we should grab one. I would also Hart at slot receiver

    I wouldnít mind taking BJ Autry with a late round pick. I think he could develop into a starting Guard

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •