Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Day 3 Targets

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    You are probably right but there is no depth after losing Marshall so I would think it is pretty important to add someone
    What about Alexander Johnson, many on here were pretty high on him last season when the Broncos brought him in, might he be developing into a contender at ILB?

A CU LB that I think the Broncos should take a look at in the late rounds (5th or 7th probably) is Drew Lewis … he is reported as 6'2" 229 on his pro day, he was snubbed by the NFL Combine, he ran a 4.5, 4.52 in the 40 at his pro day. He has comparable athletic measurables to Blake Cashman in the 40, 20yd shuttle and 3 cone. He benched 20 reps, 2 more than Cashman and had a better broad jump - FWIW -.

I like him in the 7th, I hope the Broncos have an eye on him, partly because I am a big CU fan but also because I watched his play and it looks like he could be a potential contributor/starter at the ILB position if given the opportunity and some time to develop… has to be worth a 7th to get him in the Broncos camp.

Blake Cashman please.

Armani ariwauriyayayayaya please.

Time to start loading up on my Wisconsin players:

OT David Edwards

OG Ben Benzschawel

ILB T.J. Edwards

ILB Ryan Connelly

Then target NT Olive Sagapolo, S D'Cota Dixon, and OLB Andy Van Ginkel as free agents after the draft.

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Hakeem Butler would be a stud WR to add too, he definitely would have to be a trade up candidate though
    Interesting that Jalen Hurd was drafted before Hakeem Butler.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    What about Alexander Johnson, many on here were pretty high on him last season when the Broncos brought him in, might he be developing into a contender at ILB?

A CU LB that I think the Broncos should take a look at in the late rounds (5th or 7th probably) is Drew Lewis he is reported as 6'2" 229 on his pro day, he was snubbed by the NFL Combine, he ran a 4.5, 4.52 in the 40 at his pro day. He has comparable athletic measurables to Blake Cashman in the 40, 20yd shuttle and 3 cone. He benched 20 reps, 2 more than Cashman and had a better broad jump - FWIW -.

I like him in the 7th, I hope the Broncos have an eye on him, partly because I am a big CU fan but also because I watched his play and it looks like he could be a potential contributor/starter at the ILB position if given the opportunity and some time to develop has to be worth a 7th to get him in the Broncos camp.
    You know, I forgot about AJ. He could be a guy Vic can mold!!

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by 15thebeast View Post
    Would love Mack if we cant find a way to get him Tre Watson from Maryland is a good alternative. We desperately need a linebacker to get Todd Davis out
    There was a very nice linebacker available for our first round pick.

Have always been stating that we need to draft quality rather than quantity. I'd like to see us package 1-2 late rounders next year for a couple of guys.

1. would be one of the best available ILBS left. (I see this as a second top need for us)
    2. I'd like for us to jump up and target Julian Love (CB)

another guy I like the idea of is Jacques Patrick or Rodney Anderson. I think we are missing the hybrid RB who is over 6ft and 220-240. As much as I like Jano A LOT....he just has not shown me great running technique with the ball in his hands. I'd like to see Jano move to a bit of a hybrid role of TE/FB (mainly blocking with some pass catching thrown in as a safety valve of sorts. I like the two RBs above as the hammers which I think are great to have late in games when a lead is there.

Id trade up for Butler at this point. Hes probably realizing he should have gone back to school at this point.. would probably have been in discussion for a 1st rounder, certainly 2nd round next year. Now we can get him on a cheap deal. Another big body who can blow the top off the defense. Does have bonehead drops which might be why hes falling, but the skill/value is certainly there. I doubt hes around long in the 4th though

Julian Love or Mack Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by welderhead View Post
    There was a very nice linebacker available for our first round pick.
    I wasnt that high on Devin Bush and Im glad we traded back and gained some more picks to move about in the draft