Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 53
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Just watching him speak, his mannerism. Lock has a charisma or spark that I don't remember seeing in Jay. There's some humility there that I don't remember with Jay as well. Not that this means anything football wise, but I can see Lock as being more receptive to criticism. More relatable to teammates. As far as Lynch and Osweiler go, his college film looks decisively better to me. I never did understand what Elway saw in Lynch, to be honest.
    Jay was a kid who didnt want to listen to anyone but him self. He grew up in the small town of SantaClause Indiana with a population of 2k and was appointed football god from the minute he took his first snap. Jay in his mind could do no wrong nor had any flaws in his game. Cannon arm yes, but couldnt adjust his game to get better in the NFL.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    31,402
    I concur with many folks here.....if Lock is near the same level of passer/athlete as Jay was, I'm really SOLD! I've heard him several times in the last few days, and I can't help but like him. Nice young man, who clearly can handle disappointment. He seems calm, cool and collected. And isn't that what you want in a leader on the field?

    And he sounds, unlike Jay, like a guy who wants to learn and grow. Therefore, I expect him to be better and better. And his personality alone will endear teammates who will want to win with him.

    So yes, I wanted him before The Draft, and now I am really happy we drafted him....for better reasons than I had before.
    Last edited by CanDB; 04-28-2019 at 03:19 PM.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    13,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Zealander View Post
    It was a good press conference....

    Dremont's suit is freaking on point.

    nice suit

    By the way - what was Kyler Murray thinking with his suit? did you see that hideous clownsuit
    Red 98

    The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,923
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    nice suit

    By the way - what was Kyler Murray thinking with his suit? did you see that hideous clownsuit
    Hrs probably been counting the days til the draft but not to be drafted. Most likely more so to wear that stupid suit.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dinner Table, Hungry
    Posts
    2,299
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    nice suit

    By the way - what was Kyler Murray thinking with his suit? did you see that hideous clownsuit
    Yeah...

    I never really understood the goofy suit / tie thing.

    If that were in a nice dark blue or dark color it would have looked fine. Pin stripes were a little wide.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    47
    I actually LOVE the fact that Lock wasnít drafted until the second round... I love his confidence and swag, a trait that often comes with the good ones that can ďback it upĒ and want to win. But, that drop on the board wounded his pride a bit and you could see it, humility often tastes terrible. He landed in an ideal situation in my opinion if Scangarello can help him grow, heíll get the opportunity to learn without instant expectations and can watch a veteran (Flacco) conduct himself. I also don't doubt for a minute that heíll get the chance to meet and potentially pick Peytonís brain, which could be huge in his development.

    The fact the Elway also brought in Rypien to compete as well will keep Lock honest and working hard instead of getting too comfortable at #2. It seems that the Broncos could be very well set up to succeed for a long, long time. Cool stuff!!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Just watching him speak, his mannerism. Lock has a charisma or spark that I don't remember seeing in Jay. There's some humility there that I don't remember with Jay as well. Not that this means anything football wise, but I can see Lock as being more receptive to criticism. More relatable to teammates. As far as Lynch and Osweiler go, his college film looks decisively better to me. I never did understand what Elway saw in Lynch, to be honest.
    BO (and I do mean BO) put Elway on the spot. Elway panicked and thought that he had to act fast. He saw some ability in Lynch and believed he was the guy.

    I would say we couldnít blame Elway, but looking back we all know Elway did not spend enough time with Lynch before the 2016 draft and that is why Elway is guilty.
    If he had, we wouldnít had Lynch drafted here.

    Also we may be able to blame BO, he couldíve been more professional and taken the 16 mil to stay here and work with Kubiak but he had to be a greedy jerk and use the idea of playing PFM in the super bowl as an execuse. However Iím glad he did not however John is still paying for it with the Lynch pick.

    As for Lock, you can just see all the humility and charisma and yes it does mean everything football wise!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-28-2019 at 06:14 PM.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Iíve always wondered what would had been if Shanahan and Cutler would have gotten significantly time together.

    Could Shanny have calmed him down enough to be more conservative with the football or would it have ended ugly.

    Mike Holmgren was able to get Favre to perform on a conservative level for a while but it didnít last long. Holmgren even said once that he himself was going crazy working with Brett. Lol

    Not trying to discourage anyone!

    My points is that since the comparisons are being made by so many others, I just want to state that I believe Lock is already far more calm, conservative and smarter than both of those guys mentioned above.

    IMO I think Lock could be as good as Brees in a Pat Mahomes type body. Iím completely ecstatic about this pick and truly feel heís going to be special because I donít see the stubborn ways in him that we saw in Cutler.

    He may be a project at the moment but the potential is there and he knows what to do with it unlike Paxton Lynch or that Greedy ďim leaving because I didnít play in the super bowlĒ BO guy!
    I've often wondered what would have happened if McDaniels had been straight with Cutler, and if Cutler hadn't been such a baby about his name being out there?

    I'm not sure it would have saved McDaniels because of all of the other things he did. But I think it alters Denver's history greatly, especially 2011 and beyond.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I've often wondered what would have happened if McDaniels had been straight with Cutler, and if Cutler hadn't been such a baby about his name being out there?

    I'm not sure it would have saved McDaniels because of all of the other things he did. But I think it alters Denver's history greatly, especially 2011 and beyond.
    Iíve wondered the same however I donít think their relationship would had lasted very long either way, I mean even Mike Nolan wanted to murder Josh Mc dum nut.

    I am happy how things turned out with John and Peyton. Too bad thereís wasnít any more than one super Bowl victory but for some reason I think Flacco will take us pretty far.

    Heís going to be that guy that gets us to the AFC championship, but itíll be up to the little things, like a cover MLB and Penetrating DE/DT that will make the difference if we advance or not.

    Perhaps a CHJ int if heís still here!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-28-2019 at 07:19 PM.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    690
    I will be honest, didnít know much about the kid except hearing he is like Jay Cuddles...Iíve put in the time watching live conferences and highlights and have to say his demeanor and personality is far from what I expected. The highlights of his game show exceptional talent and need for coaching. From what he has said, sounds like Lock is more than open for coaching with an edge for ďIím ready to roll nowĒ. Kid seems smart.

    I felt excited for Paxton when he was drafted, his profile, tangibles, and even when he shed a tear during draft day I felt we had our guy...but that taught me and I am sure the rest of Broncos Lan...I mean COUNTRY!!!! LOL That taught us what a young gun shouldnít be. Lock is refreshing and Iím more than excited to let this kid grow. Flacco is our guy this year and Iím not even ready to start chanting the Lock...Lock...Lock calls during game day. This year will be good, our FA budget next year will be great and if we parlay another draft, Denver is a top 3 team in the AFC for a decade.

    Good time for those other than us to become Bronco fans because we are bringing it back with a vengeance!!!

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    20,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiz View Post
    I will be honest, didn’t know much about the kid except hearing he is like Jay Cuddles...I’ve put in the time watching live conferences and highlights and have to say his demeanor and personality is far from what I expected. The highlights of his game show exceptional talent and need for coaching. From what he has said, sounds like Lock is more than open for coaching with an edge for “I’m ready to roll now”. Kid seems smart.

    I felt excited for Paxton when he was drafted, his profile, tangibles, and even when he shed a tear during draft day I felt we had our guy...but that taught me and I am sure the rest of Broncos Lan...I mean COUNTRY!!!! LOL That taught us what a young gun shouldn’t be. Lock is refreshing and I’m more than excited to let this kid grow. Flacco is our guy this year and I’m not even ready to start chanting the Lock...Lock...Lock calls during game day. This year will be good, our FA budget next year will be great and if we parlay another draft, Denver is a top 3 team in the AFC for a decade.

    Good time for those other than us to become Bronco fans because we are bringing it back with a vengeance!!!
    you tell em!!!!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I think Flacco will take us pretty far. Heís going to be that guy that gets us to the AFC championship
    Insanity. We just had a guy on the same plane as Flacco talent-wise. Getting to the AFC championship with a bottom 10 QB is just not something that happens frequently.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Insanity. We just had a guy on the same plane as Flacco talent-wise. Getting to the AFC championship with a bottom 10 QB is just not something that happens frequently.
    I'm not a big Flacco fan, but I disagree with the part about the AFC Championship Game. One just has to go through the list to see there's often a team there with a bad QB: 2008 Baltimore, 2009 & 2010 NY Jets, 2011 & 2012 Baltimore, 2015 Denver, 2017 Jacksonville.

    Now there's a major difference between getting there and winning it (only 2 of the 7 examples actually won) but the AFC Championship game often features a bad QB for one of the teams.

  14. #29
    broncolee is offline
    Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,095
    Elway reminds me of Gary Busy. Sounds almost exactly like him. Starting to look like him too.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    12,864
    Thread cleaned.

    I know you know but let me remind you this isn't the smack forum (or the snack forum - curse you auto-correct).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •