Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Drew Locks introductory press confrense

i love everything he says. he seems like he could the real deal. he realizes his weakness and works towards improving his game. he said everything right and i think he has a super good future here.

did any one else watch this?

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

did any one else watch this?
    I'm about to now:

'INTRODCUED'

It was a good press conference....

All of those guys produced a good press conference. They speak well. Dremont's suit is freaking on point.

I liked what Risner had to say about Chris Kuper and how he was looking forward to learning from him.

Haha dalton makes jones look tiny
    Glen Haven Fire

Love how they all mention about been nasty and playing with a chip on their shoulders.

Lock seems to be a natural leader. Iím impressed so far and glad he doesnít have to start soon.

I am so excited about this class. Risner and Fant will be day 1 starters, Jones will be a rotational guy in year 1 and probably Wolfeís replacement next year. Lock is the perfect understudy for Joe and Hollins will replace what we lost in Shaq.

Good work John!

"I can fight!"

Looked like he was about to bust out of that suit too, what a great draft!!!
    [

Talk all you want. For me this is all lip service as usual.

Brock, Siemian, Lynch and Keenum all said the right things but failed to deliver on the field.

It comes down to performance on game day. Like all of us, I'm ready for the QB Carousel to end and hope Flaccos the bridge for Lock over the next 2-3 years.

Whats lost in all this, Denver hasn't found a franchisee QB since Elway retired. Yea... Most wont be willing to admit but Cutler could have been that guy only with Shanahans short leash and that's not saying much.

Ive been very greatfull for our stop gaps in Plummer / Manning but its time for some stability to fix all the other glaring holes. Would be nice to put the QB position away for a decade.

Really hope this kids the one.
    Last edited by rst08tierney; 04-28-2019 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    I'm about to now:

'INTRODCUED'
    But how can they all wear #19???

If Lock is like Cutler (arm/athleticism), but with a good personality and the ability to learn and grow...I am ecstatic! I did not want Jay to be traded, even though he was a bit of a goof at times, and was stubborn about his ability to "try" to make passes in very tight windows. I still wanted him to stay.

So, this guy makes me feel pretty good about our future!

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    I am so excited about this class. Risner and Fant will be day 1 starters, Jones will be a rotational guy in year 1 and probably Wolfeís replacement next year. Lock is the perfect understudy for Joe and Hollins will replace what we lost in Shaq.

Good work John!
    Donít forget the added depth that Watson brings with his return.

I thought he was a better pass rusher than both Ray and Barrett. Oddly enough I think Shane Ray signs with the 49ers now.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    But how can they all wear #19???

If Lock is like Cutler (arm/athleticism), but with a good personality and the ability to learn and grow...I am ecstatic! I did not want Jay to be traded, even though he was a bit of a goof at times, and was stubborn about his ability to "try" to make passes in very tight windows. I still wanted him to stay.

So, this guy makes me feel pretty good about our future!
    Iíve always wondered what would had been if Shanahan and Cutler would have gotten significantly time together.

Could Shanny have calmed him down enough to be more conservative with the football or would it have ended ugly.

Mike Holmgren was able to get Favre to perform on a conservative level for a while but it didnít last long. Holmgren even said once that he himself was going crazy working with Brett. Lol

Not trying to discourage anyone!

My points is that since the comparisons are being made by so many others, I just want to state that I believe Lock is already far more calm, conservative and smarter than both of those guys mentioned above.

IMO I think Lock could be as good as Brees in a Pat Mahomes type body. Iím completely ecstatic about this pick and truly feel heís going to be special because I donít see the stubborn ways in him that we saw in Cutler.

He may be a project at the moment but the potential is there and he knows what to do with it unlike Paxton Lynch or that Greedy ďim leaving because I didnít play in the super bowlĒ BO guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Iíve always wondered what would had been if Shanahan and Cutler would have gotten significantly time together.

Could Shanny have calmed him down enough to be more conservative with the football or would it have ended ugly.

Mike Holmgren was able to get Favre to perform on a conservative level for a while but it didnít last long. Holmgren even said once that he himself was going crazy working with Brett. Lol

Not trying to discourage anyone!

My points is that since the comparisons are being made by so many others, I just want to state that I believe Lock is already far more calm, conservative and smarter than both of those guys mentioned above.

IMO I think Lock could be as good as Brees in a Pat Mahomes type body. Iím completely ecstatic about this pick and truly feel heís going to be special because I donít see the stubborn ways in him that we saw in Cutler.

He may be a project at the moment but the potential is there and he knows what to do with it unlike Paxton Lynch or that Greedy ďim leaving because I didnít play in the super bowlĒ BO guy!
    Just watching him speak, his mannerism. Lock has a charisma or spark that I don't remember seeing in Jay. There's some humility there that I don't remember with Jay as well. Not that this means anything football wise, but I can see Lock as being more receptive to criticism. More relatable to teammates. As far as Lynch and Osweiler go, his college film looks decisively better to me. I never did understand what Elway saw in Lynch, to be honest.

Two things I like in what I am hearing and seeing.

Lock's mental ability to handle the moment and respond quickly. I personally like this better than a young kid who seems to be a deer in the headlights.

How Lock commented on even in the interviews our coaches were teaching him.
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches