Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Thread cleaned.

I know you know but let me remind you this isn't the smack forum (or the snack forum - curse you auto-correct).
    Snack forum is a great idea.

Never thought I’d hear “Jay’s the man!” from a Denver Broncos podium. Lol! As one of Cutler’s last supporters- that was pretty cool. Lock really handled that question well. Humbly paying compliments to Cutler’s skill level, while at the same time saying he was going to build his own (i.e. positive) identity with the Broncos.

Incidentally, I do think Cutler is kind of a slacker “antihero” to some in the next generation. Did literally nothing the conventional/accepted way, and with his skill level still stuck in the league for 12 years, made millions upon millions, and has the pretty reality star wife, etc.

I wasn't one of those completely enamored with the Lock pick (because I wanted someone who would start for this team at a position of need this year which is what first and second round is supposed to get you), but I'll admit it was a great value pick for the future. I will admit there is a lot to be excited about. I think the encouraging thing about Lock is that he has some major differences from Cutler, Osweiler, Lynch and Keenum.

First his talent blows Keenum out of the water so there's just no comparison.

Second, his attitude and demeanor are leaps and bounds better than Cutler. He acknowledges what he has to work on and, although confident, is humble about what he doesn't know. This insight is a major factor in responding to coaching and I think is one of the major reasons to be excited by a Lock/Scangarello pairing.

Third, he seems to have some skill reading defenses with quick decision making and anticipatory throws. As a four year starter he is way better and more experienced coming out than Osweiler was and also head and shoulders above Lynch as far as this goes. He seems to have a lot more football IQ than either Osweiler or Lynch.

Finally, he is much more of a natural leader (at least in college) than Cutler, Osweiler and Lynch. He has charisma, people actually like him, he's not aloof, not weird (looking at you Lynch).

There's a lot to be excited about here. It's not just hype. We haven't drafted this good of a quarterback ever.

I feel a nice wave of optimism and confidence in the direction we are going. Have to admit, the last couple of years have not been my favs. Wondering when we'd get serious about QB, and when we'd straighten out our Oline, and who we'd place in the coaching positions.

I am not sure that this year will be a playoff year, though I am quite sure we will win anywhere from 2-4 more games, but I feel very sure that we will be playoff bound on a steady basis, starting next year. I love the blend of young talent, along with the nucleus of vets we will have. The young dudes can create a Broncos image, but with their stamp on it. Not cocky, but proud of the team and showing their talent....and being winners! Believing.
    Last edited by CanDB; 04-29-2019 at 07:52 AM.

Now the Cutler comment to me is hilarious because he was a Chiefs fan. Of course Cutler was the man, he gave KC the best chance to win. That why he's grinning. Love his honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Snack forum is a great idea.
    I could eat.

Lock will be the future of the franchise his talent level reminds me of Cutler and Matthew Stafford however at his young age he already has good leadership ability’s. I love this kids attitude he had charisma and swagger about him his teammates loved playing with him unlike Cutler.

I have to say, I know the proof happens when they start putting their cleats on the grass but the more I find out about this guy the more I'm being won over. There is a lot to like here. This from his senior bowl evaluation:

Lock was the top-rated Senior Bowl QB entering Mobile and he departs as the clear-cut best QB prospect among the group. He immediately started his impressive performance by "winning" the opening press conference on Monday afternoon. Examining his demeanor approaching the podium, I had my doubts about his personality, but by the end, I was sold.

Throughout the week of practice, Lock was in command and deliberate about everything he did. He was intentional about his mechanics, footwork and working progressions. His attention to detail to carrying out play fakes and working through drills with urgency was obvious. His arm talent was easy to identify and he moves well for his size.

While his stat line of the game won't wow you (9-of-14, 57 yards), he deserved a better fate. NC State WR Jakobi Meyers didn't extend well enough for a third-down pass that Lock dropped over top of the linebackers resulting in a stalled drive and Ohio State's Terry McLaurin couldn't dig out a throw over the middle for a touchdown that was placed precisely where it had to be.

While his game tape reveals some concerning reps in terms of how he handles pressure, Lock is an NFL teams best shot at a franchise guy from this group. I'd bet he is a top-15 pick.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles...wl-quarterback

I see a lot of people are happy about how nice the kid is and that counts, but the bottom line is can the kid play under pressure and the film says no. Personally I don't like the pick. In colloge he just did not produce in big game situations, will see if things have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by DavisMVP View Post
    I see a lot of people are happy about how nice the kid is and that counts, but the bottom line is can the kid play under pressure and the film says no. Personally I don't like the pick. In colloge he just did not produce in big game situations, will see if things have changed.
    Luck didn’t have best talent around him either at Missouri and played in best conference in college football known as SEC.

Just watched what Dalton had to say about him on NFL Network... so, I went back and watched his highlights from the Senior Bowl. The kid definitely has talent. I'm getting more and more excited about him as I watch more.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Talk all you want. For me this is all lip service as usual.

Brock, Siemian, Lynch and Keenum all said the right things but failed to deliver on the field.

It comes down to performance on game day. Like all of us, I'm ready for the QB Carousel to end and hope Flaccos the bridge for Lock over the next 2-3 years.

Whats lost in all this, Denver hasn't found a franchisee QB since Elway retired. Yea... Most wont be willing to admit but Cutler could have been that guy only with Shanahans short leash and that's not saying much.

Ive been very greatfull for our stop gaps in Plummer / Manning but its time for some stability to fix all the other glaring holes. Would be nice to put the QB position away for a decade.

Really hope this kids the one.
    Lynch NEVER impressed with a press conference. The guy was clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by DavisMVP View Post
    Neither did Elway. Had big numbers during regular season but never led his team to a single bowl game during his college years. In fact, up until 1986, Elway was considered a choke in big games, see 1984 playoffs versus Steelers.

I'm so happy to see all the love for Lock. I "pounded the table" for him !!! We now have the "hope for the future". Everything being said in this thread is everything I've already been aware of. Lock will learn all about Elway's past, his complete will to win, even when down late in the 4rth quarter. He'll learn about the "Mile high Magic" We have a lot to look forward to. The absolute best thing, and it's already been said, he is not being pushed to get on the field. I wanted him @ 10. I wanted him @ 20.....I even wanted him @ 41, but then to trade into 42 and get "our Guy" in the second round and Elway stating that we already have our starter that is in his prime, you just could not have written this. Everything is falling into place. Now, we just need Flacco to stay healthy so Lock is not pushed into action before he's ready.