Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 63
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,744
    My one and only problem with this draft is the fact that we did not address the biggest hole on the team, ILB. I would have liked it Michael more if we could have landed a Mack Wilson or Blake Cashman in rounds 4-5. Guess I will have to trust that a Fangio knows what hes doing. Still, eventually Elway is going to have to invest in this position.

    Fant B+
    Risner A
    Lock A
    Jones B
    Hollins B
    Winfree C

    Overall I give the whole draft a B+.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    This was a really good draft.

    Normally I'm overly critical but you need to give credit when credits due. John did his homework and yes, hopefully lock doesn't need to see the field for two years.

    B+

    (can't give them an A due to the fact that we should have received more from Pittsburgh)
    Definitely a noticeable change in how we have drafted in the last two years.
    I have hated all of our drafts strategies/picks in the John Elway era until the last 2 drafts. He has made some solid finds here and there(Von, Malik, Wolffe, Trevathan were some players that buoyed his resume) but I certainly remember being rather disappointed in the overall haul of prospects we grabbed. Last year I preferred Quenton but was satisfied to get Chubb, loved the Sutton, Jewell,,Freeman Daesean picks. 4 personal draft binkies and 2 players I was perfectly content seeing us take. I wasn't a fan of the picks after the daesean selection but having Days 1,2, and the beginning of day 3 be happy and excited about is enough for me. Phillip Lindsay and Holland as UDFA were very intriguing but never saw either playing at the level Lindsay has up this point. In hindsight this added so much talent and potential to our team. Adding this years class haul has given me hope that Elway has found the winning prospect evaluating formula.

    Round 1: Noah Fant
    Our selections in this years draft gave an ironically similar grade/satisfaction level for me. I actually had a trade down for Fant in my last mock before the draft that is similar to what we actually did, so obviously I am going to give this an A +. Fant is in the 98th percentile of TE all time, athletically. He is simply a rare mismatch weapon that we haven't had in a long time. He needs to work on blocking and other nuances of the game but is someone who can contribute immediately and has crazy upside.
    Grade: A+

    Round 2: Dalton Risner
    I wish we could have stole Jawaan Taylor in the second but he was never seen as a realistic selection possibility for us so I was happy picking Risner with his versatility and homegrown connections.
    Grade: B+

    Round 2: Drew Lock

    I originally wanted to get our QB next year but Lock in the 2nd was an pleasant unforeseen scenario. I love that we got a QB with the potential to be a Superstar and not just an average joe prospect lacking the tools to be a gamechanger. I'm not sure if he will become the Franchise QB but the talent and value here is a no brainer to gamble on.
    Grade: A

    Round 3: Dremont Jones
    I was not happy nor upset with this pick. I liked Jones but many players I had graded higher while also playing positions that I thought we had a more pressing need but adding a DL with rush potential is not the worst idea, I hope he can give us some contributions right away in a situational role but this was disappointing given the players that were available. Looking back I think we will have passed on some stars and regard our choice as an average contributor that neither busts nore a great choice.
    Grade: C

    Round 5 Justin Hollins
    I dig that we added another Duck to our squad. Hollins is an athlete with potential to replace Shaq.Ray, He had solid production and made big plays for Oregon. Hopefully we get him on the field in one role or another but I love the potential of his development learning from Fangio and Von and Chubb.
    Grade: B+

    Trade for Dekoda Watson
    I get their reasoning in this move but I really wanted us to trade for Darron Lee even if for a slightly higher value. Watson is 31...he brings some elements to the team but he is a finished product that we know tops out as a role player and special teams benefit. We need LB but both younger and more talented players were available via draft or trade.
    Grade: D

    Round 6: Juwann Winfree
    I like his traits but I really haven't watched much of him. I really wanted to pair Emmanuel hall back with Drew Lock but beggers cant be choosers I guess.
    Grade: B

    Overall Grade: B+
    Like last year I loved 4 of our selections. However I was more opposed to the other 3(Trade Included) additions than last year. I think that we could have stole some elite players and also bolstered weaker areas of our roster but we injected our offense with good players with immense upside. Our offense now has young high potential players at TE, WR, RB, and OL. When Lock starts he will be walking into a situation built to help him succeed. I believe Hakeem Butler, Daylon Mack, Kelvin Harmon, and Kris Boyd will give us regret on passing as many times as we did but hey I aint mad bout it.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak_bronco View Post
    Definitely a noticeable change in how we have drafted in the last two years.
    I have hated all of our drafts strategies/picks in the John Elway era until the last 2 drafts. He has made some solid finds here and there(Von, Malik, Wolffe, Trevathan were some players that buoyed his resume) but I certainly remember being rather disappointed in the overall haul of prospects we grabbed. Last year I preferred Quenton but was satisfied to get Chubb, loved the Sutton, Jewell,,Freeman Daesean picks. 4 personal draft binkies and 2 players I was perfectly content seeing us take. I wasn't a fan of the picks after the daesean selection but having Days 1,2, and the beginning of day 3 be happy and excited about is enough for me. Phillip Lindsay and Holland as UDFA were very intriguing but never saw either playing at the level Lindsay has up this point. In hindsight this added so much talent and potential to our team. Adding this years class haul has given me hope that Elway has found the winning prospect evaluating formula.

    Round 1: Noah Fant
    Our selections in this years draft gave an ironically similar grade/satisfaction level for me. I actually had a trade down for Fant in my last mock before the draft that is similar to what we actually did, so obviously I am going to give this an A +. Fant is in the 98th percentile of TE all time, athletically. He is simply a rare mismatch weapon that we haven't had in a long time. He needs to work on blocking and other nuances of the game but is someone who can contribute immediately and has crazy upside.
    Grade: A+

    Round 2: Dalton Risner
    I wish we could have stole Jawaan Taylor in the second but he was never seen as a realistic selection possibility for us so I was happy picking Risner with his versatility and homegrown connections.
    Grade: B+

    Round 2: Drew Lock

    I originally wanted to get our QB next year but Lock in the 2nd was an pleasant unforeseen scenario. I love that we got a QB with the potential to be a Superstar and not just an average joe prospect lacking the tools to be a gamechanger. I'm not sure if he will become the Franchise QB but the talent and value here is a no brainer to gamble on.
    Grade: A

    Round 3: Dremont Jones
    I was not happy nor upset with this pick. I liked Jones but many players I had graded higher while also playing positions that I thought we had a more pressing need but adding a DL with rush potential is not the worst idea, I hope he can give us some contributions right away in a situational role but this was disappointing given the players that were available. Looking back I think we will have passed on some stars and regard our choice as an average contributor that neither busts nore a great choice.
    Grade: C

    Round 5 Justin Hollins
    I dig that we added another Duck to our squad. Hollins is an athlete with potential to replace Shaq.Ray, He had solid production and made big plays for Oregon. Hopefully we get him on the field in one role or another but I love the potential of his development learning from Fangio and Von and Chubb.
    Grade: B+

    Trade for Dekoda Watson
    I get their reasoning in this move but I really wanted us to trade for Darron Lee even if for a slightly higher value. Watson is 31...he brings some elements to the team but he is a finished product that we know tops out as a role player and special teams benefit. We need LB but both younger and more talented players were available via draft or trade.
    Grade: D

    Round 6: Juwann Winfree
    I like his traits but I really haven't watched much of him. I really wanted to pair Emmanuel hall back with Drew Lock but beggers cant be choosers I guess.
    Grade: B

    Overall Grade: B+
    Like last year I loved 4 of our selections. However I was more opposed to the other 3(Trade Included) additions than last year. I think that we could have stole some elite players and also bolstered weaker areas of our roster but we injected our offense with good players with immense upside. Our offense now has young high potential players at TE, WR, RB, and OL. When Lock starts he will be walking into a situation built to help him succeed. I believe Hakeem Butler, Daylon Mack, Kelvin Harmon, and Kris Boyd will give us regret on passing as many times as we did but hey I aint mad bout it.
    How are you gonna give Dremont Jones a C+? Many had a high 2nd round late 1st round grade. Risner only a B plus is also head scratching. Winfree a B seems a bit high and so does justin hollins. You're saying hollins was a better pick at his round than jones? I respectfully disagree big time. A for Fant, A for Risner, A for Lock, A for jones, C for Hollins, C for Watson, D for Winfree, overall A -

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,893
    I really like this year's and last year's drafts. I'd put them with 2011 as favorites. Give 'em all As.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    9
    I would grade it 100. But then I'm a bit binary.

    Worried that Risner won't pan out. Just a gut feeling.. hope I'm wrong

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
    I would grade it 100. But then I'm a bit binary.

    Worried that Risner won't pan out. Just a gut feeling.. hope I'm wrong
    Based on what? almost all the experts having a late first round grade on him?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,133
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
    I would grade it 100. But then I'm a bit binary.

    Worried that Risner won't pan out. Just a gut feeling.. hope I'm wrong
    Love the draft. I think Risner has the lowest bust potential by far though. Will start from day one.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,547
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    My one and only problem with this draft is the fact that we did not address the biggest hole on the team, ILB. I would have liked it Michael more if we could have landed a Mack Wilson or Blake Cashman in rounds 4-5. Guess I will have to trust that a Fangio knows what hes doing. Still, eventually Elway is going to have to invest in this position.

    Fant B+
    Risner A
    Lock A
    Jones B
    Hollins B
    Winfree C

    Overall I give the whole draft a B+.
    Fangio did say he is going to try Hollins out at ILB to see if he would be a good fit there. Plus, I wouldn't completely count out a Lee trade either.


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,744
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Fangio did say he is going to try Hollins out at ILB to see if he would be a good fit there. Plus, I wouldn't completely count out a Lee trade either.
    I would feel so much better if we traded for Lee.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,097
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    I would feel so much better if we traded for Lee.
    what would we trade for him?

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,893
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Fangio did say he is going to try Hollins out at ILB to see if he would be a good fit there. Plus, I wouldn't completely count out a Lee trade either.
    Denver has fifteen Backers right now plus several box Safeties. As you say, another move could happen later. Too soon for anyone to hit the panic button.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    what would we trade for him?
    How about a 2020 third round pick?

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting Ray 1956 View Post
    How about a 2020 third round pick?
    That would be ok with me. A 4th would be better

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    15,964
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    That would be ok with me. A 4th would be better
    Why a 4th instead of a 3rd?

  15. #45
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Why a 4th instead of a 3rd?
    Well we have an extra 3rd I think. Shoot if you can him for a 4th why not

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •