Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Love the draft. I think Risner has the lowest bust potential by far though. Will start from day one.
    I totally agree. I loved this pick. I thought Risner was the most versatile O-lineman in the draft. We could have taken him @20 and most experts would not have thought that was an overdraft.

In watching route running tutorials that Winfree made that are on YouTube, I am loving this pick now too. Search his name, look for them. They are about 1 min each and his footwork and use of CB blindspot exposure is awesome.

This block right here....

https://youtu.be/YYg3657ErPM

Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    In watching route running tutorials that Winfree made that are on YouTube, I am loving this pick now too. Search his name, look for them. They are about 1 min each and his footwork and use of CB blindspot exposure is awesome.
    I feel like there's a reason McIntyre was fired. There was good talent at cu and he never put it together outside one year

Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    This block right here....

https://youtu.be/YYg3657ErPM
    This block doesnít really impress me. While there was nothing illegal about this particular play, I dislike seeing when WR hit defenders blindsided( not saying he did in this video). I think itís cheap and a quick way to cause injuries. Always hated Hines Ward because of that. Always smiling like he did something special after hitting a defenseless guy, real tough. I like hard hitting football too but not in this way.

I think many expect too much from rookies. Even if a rookie is a starter, he will probably be better his 2nd & 3rd year! I think it will be up to 3yrs to for us to know how good this draft class is.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    This block doesn’t really impress me. While there was nothing illegal about this particular play, I dislike seeing when WR hit defenders blindsided( not saying he did in this video). I think it’s cheap and a quick way to cause injuries. Always hated Hines Ward because of that. Always smiling like he did something special after hitting a defenseless guy, real tough. I like hard hitting football too but not in this way.
    You must have not liked Atwater than. When a wider reciever can dish it out rather than take it, and does, I am all in. Personally, I loved Atwater. ICE UP--ITS FOOTBALL
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 05-01-2019 at 08:41 PM.
    ďNever argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.Ē

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Bob View Post
    I think many expect too much from rookies. Even if a rookie is a starter, he will probably be better his 2nd & 3rd year! I think it will be up to 3yrs to for us to know how good this draft class is.
    Yeah it usually takes 2-3 years until you can really judge a draft class itís hard to predict what will happen early.

https://youtu.be/lt4JatVKg5Q

If you watch Winfree starting in this first video through to the 4th video in the set, the crispness of his route running is awesome. They really do give you a good look at the kid.

You are right that he should be expected to make PS, but I hope for immediate impact, hopefully Harris sticks around and helps him get better.

I grade a draft by each day and what transpired and who is selected.

Day 1 grade: A
    Liked the trade down once Hockenson, White and Oliver were off the board. Wouldn't have minded Bush but apparently Elway and Fangio weren't high on him enough to take him, and didn't want any of the quarterbacks in round 1, either. Trading back, acquiring picks and taking Fant was savvy.

Day 2 grade: A+
    Absolutely loved the Risner pick. And getting Lock in the second round!? Sometimes things just fall your way. Admittedly, I wasn't a fan of Lock being taken in round 1, but round 2? Can't help but love the value. I think Dre'Mont Jones was a steal in the third.

Day 3 grade: C+
    This may seem harsh, but it's not a knock on either Hollins or Winfree. It's more that I wasn't fond of the trade for Watson and only having 2 picks in rounds 4 thru 7. There was a lot of really good prospects that I feel we kind of missed out on. I know all draft picks, especially, late round picks, are a crapshoot, but you can't hit on any if you don't take any.

Overall grade: B+
    Fant and Risner are instant impact players. Jones and Hollins will provide quality depth with the chance to become really good starters. Lock is the wild card and I feel good about his chances to become our franchise QB, given the fact that we aren't in a rush to get him on the field. Winfree has big potential. Questions remain at inside linebacker, despite the reports that Hollins will be tried out at ILB, and we could use more depth on the offensive line. Overall, I'm happy with the draft.
    Last edited by sra84; 05-03-2019 at 08:43 AM.

Last years draft was a home run!! This years draft was a home run!! In 2 years Denver has built a solid foundation for the future and I am really excited!! Go Broncos!!! A+ in my book...

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Last years draft was a home run!! This years draft was a home run!! In 2 years Denver has built a solid foundation for the future and I am really excited!! Go Broncos!!! A+ in my book...
    I guess they have a bunch of picks next year, as many as eleven according to one source.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I guess they have a bunch of picks next year, as many as eleven according to one source.
    Yeah something like that which is great opportunity to move up or stay pat.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I would trade up for the best corner, if we aren't in striking distance to just take him.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco