Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Day of the draft Rating

i am giving it A. i think there are a few question marks. there is also a chance that 4 players play a huge role in our future and 3 players of our top four could end up getting major play time to starting. i think our top 2 picks are locks to start coming into the season. Noah at TE and Risner at OG. i think Dremont is competing with Walker and some other people as a Situational pass rusher on the line. Drew lock gives us a better back up QB. and if flacco proves he is just an average nfl QB we have another option. we don't want hogan or greyson starting for our franchise any time soon. plus Flacco has been injured a bit recently, but i really like this draft.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I'm giving it a strong B+/A- range.

But I am also still processing the things I would have preferred they did differently. Overall I like the picks they did select and your assessment of their potential impact.

Very good draft if they live up to that potential. Especially if Lock becomes a quality starter in the next couple years. That would be a game changer and Elway will be considered a genius.

Since everyone is going to give this a high draft grade for good reasons...

I am giving us an "F",

Balance in all things my friends......

I give it a B*. We came out with 2 day 1 starters. A situational guy, reserve OLB, project WR, and of course the project QB. We did also get a 2020 3rd, but I think we needed at least 1 more day 1 starter. This draft will be judged on what Lock turns into. If lock pans out, it doesn't really matter what else we hit it out of the park

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I give it a B*. We came out with 2 day 1 starters. A situational guy, reserve OLB, project WR, and of course the project QB. We did also get a 2020 3rd, but I think we needed at least 1 more day 1 starter. This draft will be judged on what Lock turns into. If lock pans out, it doesn't really matter what else we hit it out of the park
    I think Lock has a higher chance of been a success than what Brock and Lynch did. Just got a good feeling about him

Quote Originally Posted by 15thebeast View Post
    I think Lock has a higher chance of been a success than what Brock and Lynch did. Just got a good feeling about him
    I like our new approach to the draft, and think the situation Lock is in, is better than the other 2 had. I think he can be successful.

We didn't have a good draft day today I would say we didn't have a great draft by any means. My fav pick is Risner. Have to warm up to fant lock is a wait and see. Day 3 well....I don't know if I'm to confident in the picks but am excited about Juwann 4.4 speed big frame maybe can stretch the field for us.

I'd give it a C+ if lock works out then A but that's a wait and see. I hope Elway does his magic in the UDFA he's really productive in this area so let's wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealander View Post
    Since everyone is going to give this a high draft grade for good reasons...

I am giving us an "F",

Balance in all things my friends......
    Someone has to be “that” guy I guess.

This draft is a A or A-. No question.

Even if some of the picks don't pan out, we got multiple high-odds players well below their draft value (except for our 6th rounder...but who cares about a 6th rounder)..

We also continued our trend of drafting based on experience, production, and character.

Looks like another outstanding class. If we keep drafting this way year over year, we will be a perennial contender.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Saw somewhere that the Broncos expect Flacco to be good for the next four years.

Drafting Lock contradicts that notion.

I’ll give them a C.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Saw somewhere that the Broncos expect Flacco to be good for the next four years.

Drafting Lock contradicts that notion.

I’ll give them a C.
    John also said “Joe Flacco is coming into his prime”. Lol Actions speak louder than words.

C-
    Lock was a wasted pick.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    C-
    Lock was a wasted pick.
    Either that or Flacco was a bad FA signing.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhdiggs View Post
    Either that or Flacco was a bad FA signing.
    You mean trade.

There is nothing wrong with trading for Flacco, at least in principle.

The issue is whether or not they evaluated him correctly.

We’ll have to wait and see.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!

My hope every draft is that we land 3 starters. I think we did, but not necessarily this year starters. I loved it after day 2, but today was a bit weak. Overall I give it a B and a small plus.(as in +)

Fant should give us a productive receiver at TE, Risner will help make our Oline decent after all these years, and Lock is our future QB, and was chosen in a spot of good value. I suspect that if Flacco falters, we might get a sneak preview this season. I can not comment on the rest of the draft, but we did not have enough picks to take care of business...this year. Still, I liked the draft, and am especially pleased that we solidified our QB situation for the long run. Once you can feel a bit comfortable about QB, all future decisions become more clear.

The good news, we did not need a lot of D help, because I believe Fangio will make our overall defensive unit better. The only questions I have on D are related to our ILB position, and whether or not Harris is a Bronco in '19.

On O, as long as Sanders plays well, we're good, because otherwise we need a little more depth there. But we have a lot of young weapons on O, at RB and WR, and possibly at QB....and our Oline looks to finally be intact.

The B+ I give might be an A, if in 2 years Lock looks solid at the helm. Then we're talking contention!
    Last edited by CanDB; 04-27-2019 at 06:35 PM.