Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    lol so much for that. Winfree better be worth that trade up hype.
    I think he will be!

Aston was a linebacker before he went to Pitt and played FB. Heres to hoping he can make a transition back to linebacker!

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    OT Brian Wallace has signed. Anyone know anything about him?
    Quick google search this is what I found. Looks promising!

2018 (SENIOR): Started all 12 games his senior season for the Razorbacks at the right tackle spot Totaled 807 snaps in 2018 according to Pro Football Focus, with a career-high 756 coming on the offensive line Participated in the third-most plays by an Arkansas lineman Allowed only three sacks in 411 pass blocking snaps over the course of the season Recorded three games with 80.0+ grades from PFF in pass protection, beginning the year with marks of 84.4 and 81.7 against Eastern Illinois and Colorado State, respectively, followed by an 83.0 against Tulsa on Homecoming Put together his best overall grade from the outlet the following week against Vanderbilt, compiling a 75.0 mark after a 74.6 spot in run blocking plays Helped the Arkansas offense to 4,028 yards of total offense and 28 touchdowns, with 2,307 yards and 17 scores coming through the air Entered his senior season with preseason third team All-SEC honors from the conference coaches Wrapped his collegiate career with 1,998 total snaps played on the Arkansas offensive line, with just 10 total sacks given up over the course of four years.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    4 is a lot to split up.
    Most years we go into camp with 4 QBs. 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th stringers. Grayson IMO is the odd man out here. I'd also guess that given the number of QBs that we now have that Hogan has likely not progressed as well as wed have liked.

Flacco
    Lock
    Rypien/Hogan

Those are the order I expect to see the depth chart land after the 1st or second PS game.

John Leglue the latest to join

Nevada LB Malik Reed has signed

Good draft tracker website......

https://t.co/ir8usKP7mZ

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Brett Rypien is like a suped up version of Trevor Siemian. I can imagine that he will be a flawless camp arm
    Agreed. I see him as a more polished quarterback then Lock from a mental stand point, but obviously the physical ability isn't on the same level. I would imagine it would be like watching Keenum and Kelly warm up a season ago, Kelly dwarfed him in terms of arm talent and natural throwing ability. Too bad his head was all over the shop because he is a better prospect than Lock in my opinion.

Still hoping for Penny Hart

Quote Originally Posted by 15thebeast View Post
    It is but a lot of teams go into camp with 4 QBs I can see us carrying 3 on the roster this year Flacco as number 1. Hogan as his back up and Lock as 3 hopefully can smuggle Rypien onto the practice squad
    I doubt Hogan will be #2.

I personally wouldn't waste a rep on Kevin Hogan, he should be released right now. I don't believe in developing a young quarterback from the sideline, I once did, but I think young quarterbacks need to play to get better. Now we have Lock, I would prefer Flacco to just be gone, as much as I like the move to get him. That isn't the reality though, and Flacco is our quarterback, but every other rep that doesn't go to him, I want Lock taking it. I like Rypien also, I think he is more polished than Lock and primed to be a backup quarterback long term in the NFL, but Lock needs as many reps as he can get from the sideline in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I personally wouldn't waste a rep on Kevin Hogan, he should be released right now. I don't believe in developing a young quarterback from the sideline, I once did, but I think young quarterbacks need to play to get better. Now we have Lock, I would prefer Flacco to just be gone, as much as I like the move to get him. That isn't the reality though, and Flacco is our quarterback, but every other rep that doesn't go to him, I want Lock taking it. I like Rypien also, I think he is more polished than Lock and primed to be a backup quarterback long term in the NFL, but Lock needs as many reps as he can get from the sideline in my opinion.
    I think Grayson is gone. Hogan & Rypien would need to compete.

As per your other comment I'd say Trevor did alright for us after sitting behind Manning and Brock for a few years. That is just an example on our team. I'd also say that there are two current NFL superstars who'd begrudgingly disagree with you as well (Tom Brady & Aaron Rodgers). Both sat behind older QBs and then stepped in and have won SBs. In the more modern of times one could argue that Patrick Mahomes is where he is now as a result of sitting behind Alex Smith.

I'd also argue that it is more important than EVER to have a true succession plan with a veteran in place and a young guy behind him. The professional players, especially on defense, are just soo much better than in college. Fronts, disguises and speed are all factors. In the NFL it is typically more important to play under center which MANY young QBs in college do not do or don't do much. So taking those reps in practice and in the off-season is key. As is going over the mental reps while shadowing the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Hogan and Grayson get a huge "meh" from me so I don't disagree with you there, but Lock really does need some time. He needs a lot of coaching and he's going to have to be able to digest what he's shown. The QB2 spot is about as high on the depth chart as he should be for at least a season and that's if everything works out well. He's got some work to do. That's why he was available where we drafted him.

Josh Watson LB
    Kelvin McKnight WR
    Alijah Holder CB
    Devonte Jackson RB
    Broderick Thomas S (try out)

Latest signings

I am really impressed with this draft. Round 2 was brilliant. This article cheered me up:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spor...131604235/Amp/