Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Curious why so many are so high on Rypien? Comparing the three back ups I am seeing not a lot of separation. Other then being the new shiny toy, what are you seeing in Rypien?

All have strengths and weaknesses. Some more prevalent then others. All are likely career backups at best. But Grayson and Hogan are both bigger, better athletes, had just as impressive careers in college, similar intangibles and actual experience in the NFL under solid coaching with previous teams and a year in the Broncos building.

The pecking order seems pretty simple. Flacco starts until he is injured or fails to play well. Lock will get every opportunity to be the #2. Hopefully shows enough that the Broncos can feel confident enough to only keep two QBs on the roster.

Then the other three are camp arms and competing for that third spot. Whether third active QB or PS. Rypien has a long road to win a roster spot. I'm not seeing it.
    Not so much that but I have low expectations for Hogan and Grayson.

I would expect Rypien to get the practice squad assignment if the 3 look interchangeable

This boards obsession with 3rd string PS quarterbacks makes me laugh every year.

Quote Originally Posted by teetdogs View Post
    This boards obsession with 3rd string PS quarterbacks makes me laugh every year.
    Your one comment a year makes me laugh every year

Quote Originally Posted by teetdogs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Your one comment a year makes me laugh every year
    417 posts / 3031 days equals just over 50 posts per year.

Last edited by Rastic; 04-29-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Considering Rypien just got six figures to sign with us...Iím sure we will probably carry 3 QBs and Grayson And Hogan are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by DN1218 View Post
    Considering Rypien just got six figures to sign with us...I’m sure we will probably carry 3 QBs and Grayson And Hogan are gone.
    Wow. Thanks for that info. I think you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    That won’t happen, Rypien is Trevor Siemien 2.0 at best. The love affair on these boards is mind boggling, he won’t make the roster.
    We'd be lucky to have TS 2.0 on the team. That was a great draft pick. We'll need someone like TS to eventually back up Lock, if Lock develops into the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    We'd be lucky to have TS 2.0 on the team. That was a great draft pick. We'll need someone like TS to eventually back up Lock, if Lock develops into the starter.
    It will be interesting to see how it unfolds over the next few years. There seems to have been a clear-headed, objective plan for the future at QB which was based on a considerable amount of research. I'm glad to see Elway wasn't gun shy and took the opportunity to trade up for Lock. I thought Rypien would be drafted and signing him as an UDFA could become Lock's backup someday. I'm most excited about Rich Scangarello coaching these guys.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by DN1218 View Post
    Considering Rypien just got six figures to sign with us...Iím sure we will probably carry 3 QBs and Grayson And Hogan are gone.
    Do you have a link? I couldnít find anything that said he got that for a signing bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    417 posts / 3031 days equals just over 50 posts per year.

Relax mathematician, it was just an exaggeration that he/ she rarely post. Not meant to be taken literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Relax mathematician, it was just an exaggeration that he/ she rarely post. Not meant to be taken literally.
    I am sure it was not meant as literally. Really, there is no reason to point out the frequency / infrequency of a member here other than to criticism only for criticism sake. Considering this is not the smack forum, we do not need to take personal shots a people. If you have any questions please feel free to read the Code of Conduct.

Back on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    It will be interesting to see how it unfolds over the next few years. There seems to have been a clear-headed, objective plan for the future at QB which was based on a considerable amount of research. I'm glad to see Elway wasn't gun shy and took the opportunity to trade up for Lock. I thought Rypien would be drafted and signing him as an UDFA could become Lock's backup someday. I'm most excited about Rich Scangarello coaching these guys.

I agree 100% ! I just think of the Job that Rich did with Nick Mullens and I can only hope that Rich will do an even better job with his New Quarterbacks ! The one thing that JE stated is that Denver is looking for consistency at the Coaching Positions like OC and HC and others I just hope the Denver can keep the same OC for more than 1 year I would like to see them stay for like 10 years if they are great or longer however if they are bad then they have to roll out of here in 1 year .

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I agree with all of this, especially about Scangarello. I think I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do as much as I am looking forward to seeing what Munchak can do with the O-Line.