Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 147
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,097
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    There is an outside chance we have 3QBs on the active roster. If we are indeed trying to win now, Hogans veteran presence will help Flacco during in game situations. Helping breakdown coverages when the defense is on the field, and helping in the QB room during the week. Lock and Rypien will have their plates full just transitioning to the pros. I wouldn't be shocked to see Rypien on the PS, and everyone else on the active roster week 1. It will be super interesting to see who runs the scout team week in and out between Ryp and Lock. Gives two totally different dynamics. Lock would provide a good Mahomes type to practice against during chiefs week(not saying he's that good, but could give a similar style of play)
    I agree that they might keep 3 active QBs. However, if they do, I doubt they keep a 4th on PS.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Elway has said Lock is competing for the backup role


    @johnelway
    Following Following @johnelway
    More
    Weíve selected OL Dalton Risner from Kansas St and QB Drew Lock from Missouri in the second round.

    Dalton bring great versatility to our OL along w/toughness and attitude.

    Drew was a four-year starter in the SEC, and heís going to learn from Joe and compete for the backup role.


    5:17 PM - 26 Apr 2019

    https://twitter.com/johnelway/status...850246/photo/1

    from what I have read it is known Lock has issues that needs to be fixed and a smart team will help him work through those issues before throwing him into a starting role...some have compared to Rodgers when he came into the NFL
    Elway says things that donít turnout to be true. He said Lynch, Osweiler and Keenum were each a perfect fit for what they wanted to do. He can say Lock is competing for a backup role and thatís fine. I donít buy it.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    494
    With the success Munchek has has I wish we would sign a few O line men from the rookie free agents

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    With the success Munchek has has I wish we would sign a few O line men from the rookie free agents
    Sean Krepsz is still unsigned. He would be a good target, imo. I think they signed Brian Wallace.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    3,902
    I think that the only given is that Flacco is going to be QB1. If Lock looks great and absorbs everything quickly then he will be QB2, but I doubt that Lock can do that, and I'm glad that we have other QB's for him to compete with there. Worse case scenario I'm thinking 1) Flacco, 2) Hogan, 3) Lock, PS) Rypien to start the season. At some point we ditch Hogan and everyone behind him moves up a spot.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,944
    Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I think that the only given is that Flacco is going to be QB1. If Lock looks great and absorbs everything quickly then he will be QB2, but I doubt that Lock can do that, and I'm glad that we have other QB's for him to compete with there. Worse case scenario I'm thinking 1) Flacco, 2) Hogan, 3) Lock, PS) Rypien to start the season. At some point we ditch Hogan and everyone behind him moves up a spot.
    From what I have read and watched it seems to me Lock's mechanics, ability to play from under center and his desire to stare down WRs at times (and his ability to correct these issues) will be the difference between him being a QB2 or us feeling like we need to keep another qb as QB2.
    Preventing overreaction of week 1.
    Preventing Death by Inches

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    With the success Munchek has has I wish we would sign a few O line men from the rookie free agents
    according to CBS (the most up to date list I have seen so far) we got 2

    Denver Broncos

    Devontae Jackson, RB, West Georgia
    Jacob Bobenmoyer, LB, Northern Colorado
    Austin Fort, TE, Wyoming
    Trinity Benson, WR, East Central
    Brian Wallace, OL, Arkansas
    Joe Dineen, LB, Kansas
    George Aston, FB, Pitt
    Alijah Holder, DB, Stanford
    Josh Watson, LB, Colorado State
    Kelvin McKnight, WR, Samford
    Jaylen Johnson, DL, Washington
    Joe Dineen Jr., LB, Kansas
    Brett Rypien, QB, Boise State
    Ahmad Gooden, EDGE, Samford
    John Leglue, OL, Tulane
    Josh Watson, Colorado State
    Malik Reed, EDGE, Nevada (Conflicting information: One report says Broncos, one says Jets)
    Preventing overreaction of week 1.
    Preventing Death by Inches

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,279
    There - we addressed ILB lol

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    according to CBS (the most up to date list I have seen so far) we got 2

    Denver Broncos

    Devontae Jackson, RB, West Georgia
    Jacob Bobenmoyer, LB, Northern Colorado
    Austin Fort, TE, Wyoming
    Trinity Benson, WR, East Central
    Brian Wallace, OL, Arkansas
    Joe Dineen, LB, Kansas
    George Aston, FB, Pitt
    Alijah Holder, DB, Stanford
    Josh Watson, LB, Colorado State
    Kelvin McKnight, WR, Samford
    Jaylen Johnson, DL, Washington
    Joe Dineen Jr., LB, Kansas
    Brett Rypien, QB, Boise State
    Ahmad Gooden, EDGE, Samford
    John Leglue, OL, Tulane
    Josh Watson, Colorado State
    Malik Reed, EDGE, Nevada (Conflicting information: One report says Broncos, one says Jets)
    Thx for posting . You put Dineen on twice.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    3,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    From what I have read and watched it seems to me Lock's mechanics, ability to play from under center and his desire to stare down WRs at times (and his ability to correct these issues) will be the difference between him being a QB2 or us feeling like we need to keep another qb as QB2.
    I feel like Lock doesn't handle pressure as well as he could/should and the stress causes him to default to survival mode in the pocket. I think a strong QB-friendly coaching staff can help with that. On his pro day video you can see the guy being very smooth and in control playing against air. Good mechanics, decent footwork, he looked just fine. Makes me think throwing him into the fire at this point would destroy him. Also makes me think that working with the guy will develop something special.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,944
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Thx for posting . You put Dineen on twice.
    copy and pasted from linked source. If I altered anything I would have been mis-representing their work.
    Preventing overreaction of week 1.
    Preventing Death by Inches

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    according to CBS (the most up to date list I have seen so far) we got 2

    Denver Broncos

    Devontae Jackson, RB, West Georgia
    Jacob Bobenmoyer, LB, Northern Colorado
    Austin Fort, TE, Wyoming
    Trinity Benson, WR, East Central
    Brian Wallace, OL, Arkansas
    Joe Dineen, LB, Kansas
    George Aston, FB, Pitt
    Alijah Holder, DB, Stanford
    Josh Watson, LB, Colorado State
    Kelvin McKnight, WR, Samford
    Jaylen Johnson, DL, Washington
    Joe Dineen Jr., LB, Kansas
    Brett Rypien, QB, Boise State
    Ahmad Gooden, EDGE, Samford
    John Leglue, OL, Tulane
    Josh Watson, Colorado State
    Malik Reed, EDGE, Nevada (Conflicting information: One report says Broncos, one says Jets)
    Good, we tend to be pretty good at finding value here

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,132
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Can you break down the rest of the post TC depth chart for us?
    Come on Sam. You are one of the most knowledgeable posters on this site. I know I'm projecting but you have to know that Rypien is more pro ready than Lock. If we were to take draft position away, Rypien would win the #2 spot.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,893
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Come on Sam. You are one of the most knowledgeable posters on this site. I know I'm projecting but you have to know that Rypien is more pro ready than Lock. If we were to take draft position away, Rypien would win the #2 spot.
    Just asking a question. Gotta be careful with that. Socrates was sentenced to death for asking questions.

    As far as your projection goes, IDK that and you're guessing. At the moment there are four QBs behind Flacco. Rich Scangarello has worked with Hogan and Grayson during voluntary veteran mini-camp. He worked Lock out during one of the visits and Rypien, too, I believe.

    Rypien more pro ready than Lock? Does Boise State's offense translate to pro football better than Missouri's? IDK. I'll need to see something before there will be a basis for a projection.

    Scangarello is a great QB coach. We'll know something if and when one or two of these QBs is released. Five is too many for TC. Until then, I'll try to pay attention and ask myself what it is I'm seeing.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Alberton Montana
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    Good, we tend to be pretty good at finding value here
    https://nfltraderumors.co/2019-undra...nings-tracker/

    this site is showing another OL Quin Bailey.
    GO BRONCO'S !!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •