Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I agree with all of this, especially about Scangarello. I think I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do as much as I am looking forward to seeing what Munchak can do with the O-Line.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the new O and D. Scangarello will run an offense that dictates to the D through the use of formations. I think we will see all eligible players involved.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I stated in another thread....Gary Kubiak was drafted in the eighth round { would be UDFA today } the same year Elway was drafted .......Kubiak was key in winning numerous games when Elway couldn't take the field. I think Elway remembers the same thing. By the way....I don't post much, except this year when I was very vocal about getting Lock. Guess what....we got 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    We'd be lucky to have TS 2.0 on the team. That was a great draft pick. We'll need someone like TS to eventually back up Lock, if Lock develops into the starter.
    Agreed, I would love to see them both work out. I just hate the “you watch, Rypien is better than Lock and will show it in camp” guys. He’s not, there’s a reason Lock was projected in round 1 by virtually everyone and Rypien was never going to be drafted. If he’s so good why did 32 teams pass on him at least 7 times?
    Lock has the tools to be not just our future, but have us competing for titles. He needs coached up big time, but the talent is undeniable.
    Rypien has the tools to stick in the league as a 2nd or 3rd stringer. Like you said, it would be ideal for both to work out, but if only one of them does, I’m betting on Lock.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Agreed, I would love to see them both work out. I just hate the “you watch, Rypien is better than Lock and will show it in camp” guys. He’s not, there’s a reason Lock was projected in round 1 by virtually everyone and Rypien was never going to be drafted. If he’s so good why did 32 teams pass on him at least 7 times?
    Lock has the tools to be not just our future, but have us competing for titles. He needs coached up big time, but the talent is undeniable.
    Rypien has the tools to stick in the league as a 2nd or 3rd stringer. Like you said, it would be ideal for both to work out, but if only one of them does, I’m betting on Lock.
    I would be very surprised if Lock is less successful than Rypien. I do see Rypien as having a chance to be a solid backup in this league. Getting Lock in the 2nd round was a really great pick. In my unexpert opinion I thought he looked better than any other QB at the Draft Combine. This appears to be a very good draft as a whole once again.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    A few things to this:

1.) Lock is viewed as a boom or bust prospect

2.) Rypien is viewed as a low floor/low ceiling prospect

Rypien is experienced in the offense we want to run. He played a lot under center at Boise St. Lock rarely played under center and needs time to develop. The team clearly wanted Rypien (see UDFA $) and I believe if Lock didn't fall in our laps, the Broncos would have targeted Rypien on day 3.

It would not shock me to see Rypien come out of camp as the #2. If Flacco went down, it would allow Denver to run the same offense. The team would have to switch the whole offense for Lock. This would just be for year one. The hope is that Lock can sit for a whole year and work on his game.

I also think Elway is being truthful when he says he believes in Flacco and he had no intention to draft a QB early. When Lock fell to the 2nd, you have to take the risk. Making Lock the #3 would ease some of the pressure on Flacco by not having the QBOTF breathing down his neck.

Lock is far more gifted than Rypien but for the pro-style offense Denver wants to run, Rypien may be better suited in year one. Also, let's also stop with the Siemian 2.0 comments. Rypien is a 4 year starter in a pro-style offense that put up big numbers. It's such a lazy comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    A few things to this:

1.) Lock is viewed as a boom or bust prospect

2.) Rypien is viewed as a low floor/low ceiling prospect

Rypien is experienced in the offense we want to run. He played a lot under center at Boise St. Lock rarely played under center and needs time to develop. The team clearly wanted Rypien (see UDFA $) and I believe if Lock didn't fall in our laps, the Broncos would have targeted Rypien on day 3.

It would not shock me to see Rypien come out of camp as the #2. If Flacco went down, it would allow Denver to run the same offense. The team would have to switch the whole offense for Lock. This would just be for year one. The hope is that Lock can sit for a whole year and work on his game.

I also think Elway is being truthful when he says he believes in Flacco and he had no intention to draft a QB early. When Lock fell to the 2nd, you have to take the risk. Making Lock the #3 would ease some of the pressure on Flacco by not having the QBOTF breathing down his neck.

Lock is far more gifted than Rypien but for the pro-style offense Denver wants to run, Rypien may be better suited in year one. Also, let's also stop with the Siemian 2.0 comments. Rypien is a 4 year starter in a pro-style offense that put up big numbers. It's such a lazy comparison.
    Who's more talented, Lock or chad kelly?

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    Speaking of Kelly , looks like he might be signed by the colts

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    Not sure how that is relevant in any way but Lock has more arm talent than Kelly.

Not sure how that is relevant in any way but Lock has more arm talent than Kelly.
    IDK. Chad was pretty accurate before he blew out the ligaments in the wrist of his throwing arm at his Pro Day. In preseason last year it looked like he had made a recovery from that. He seemed to have confidence in his arm. He's a talented football player.

It's not the only question that could be asked about the two of them. How about: Who hears voices and sees things others don't? Who has a crazed look in his eye? Who needs 24 hour supervision by a chaperone equipped with a taser? Who must always be told, "Don't go in that house, Chad."? What kinds of stuff in Chad's head gets triggered by Halloween parties? Is it the costumes?

Joking aside, I wish Chad well, and good luck in the future. I hope he sees a psychologist at least once a week.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

As of right now, Rypien has not been officially signed by the Broncos as a UDFA.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    It's not the only question that could be asked about the two of them. How about: Who hears voices and sees things others don't? Who has a crazed look in his eye? Who needs 24 hour supervision by a chaperone equipped with a taser? Who must always be told, "Don't go in that house, Chad."? What kinds of stuff in Chad's head gets triggered by Halloween parties? Is it the costumes?

Dang it. Now I want Chad back just for the entertainment value.

Just straight up curiosity because jelly was also a second round talent.

Quote Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
    As of right now, Rypien has not been officially signed by the Broncos as a UDFA.
    Is he the son of Mark?EDIT.Just read it's his nephew on Wikipedia.
    Last edited by AussieBronco76; 05-01-2019 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
    Is he the son of Mark?
    Nephew, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Nephew, I think.
    Yup just wikid it.Is his nephew.