Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will Grier

Will Grier

Is he the QB we should be looking at rather than Haskins or Lock ?

No, he is a 4th/5th round prospect with low level arm talent, his hype ended a while ago, and he has faded to the background where his talent level rightfully positions him. He is a tier 3 prospect in this draft, and he won't be drafted to even be consider a starter out of the gate. He might have some backup potential at the next level, but he is not a prospect I would consider over either Haskins or Lock, and the NFL wont either.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    No, he is a 4th/5th round prospect with low level arm talent, his hype ended a while ago, and he has faded to the background where his talent level rightfully positions him. He is a tier 3 prospect in this draft, and he won't be drafted to even be consider a starter out of the gate. He might have some backup potential at the next level, but he is not a prospect I would consider over either Haskins or Lock, and the NFL wont either.
    4th/5th??

I think it is far more likely he is a 1st rounder than a 4th.

He's the most accurate passer in the draft and the arm strength questions are mostly due to technique. He needs good cocoaching to fix his feet as his passes die when he can't set them. When he can set them he gets plenty of drive on the ball, which his leading velocity numbers at the combine displayed.

I could see a team like the Pats, Chargers, or Saints picking him up in the 1st to get that 5th year option on him. They've all been very interested in him throughout the predraft process.

Nooooooooooooooo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    4th/5th??

He's the most accurate passer in the draft and the arm strength questions are mostly due to technique. He needs good cocoaching to fix his feet as his passes die when he can't set them. When he can set them he gets plenty of drive on the ball, which his leading velocity numbers at the combine displayed.

I could see a team like the Pats, Chargers, or Saints picking him up in the 1st to get that 5th year option on him. They've all been very interested in him throughout the predraft process.
    Grier will be fortunate to be drafted in the 3rd round. I watch a lot of WVU football and thereís nothing impressive about Grier. WVU played against weak defenses which allowed him to rack up stats. Watch how Grier responded to Iowa State when they put pressure on him - he was awful.

CP bet heís not drafted earlier than the 3rd round.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Grier will be fortunate to be drafted in the 3rd round. I watch a lot of WVU football and there’s nothing impressive about Grier. WVU played against weak defenses which allowed him to rack up stats. Watch how Grier responded to Iowa State when they put pressure on him - he was awful.

CP bet he’s not drafted earlier than the 3rd round.

Id take that. 3rd round comp pic would be about right for the pats

He doesnít follow through with his hips when he passes the ball. Once he corrects that issue there will be a lot more velocity on the ball and heíll be a very good QB. Also he did throw the ball the hardest at the combine.

Grier will be fortunate to be drafted in the 3rd round. I watch a lot of WVU football and thereís nothing impressive about Grier. WVU played against weak defenses which allowed him to rack up stats. Watch how Grier responded to Iowa State when they put pressure on him - he was awful.

CP bet heís not drafted earlier than the 3rd round.
    Counterpoint: I too watch a lot of WVU football and there's a good bit impressive about Grier.

I've never understood the "hey look at this one specific game player X had. That's exactly who they are". You can do that but it does nothing for me. In fact, I can do it too if you like. Watch how Grier responded to Texas when they put pressure on him - he threw a 40 yard game winning TD.

I'll take your bet. Easily taken before the 3rd.

Counterpoint: I too watch a lot of WVU football and there's a good bit impressive about Grier.

I've never understood the "hey look at this one specific game player X had. That's exactly who they are". You can do that but it does nothing for me. In fact, I can do it too if you like. Watch how Grier responded to Texas when they put pressure on him - he threw a 40 yard game winning TD.

I'll take your bet. Easily taken before the 3rd.
    The Iowa State game was an example of how he reacted under pressure. With a conference/schedule with weak defenses there are limited examples of teams that consistently applied pressure. Although that game doesnít define Grier entirely it was a window into how he plays under pressure. Texas is a bad example because they had a weak defense (67th in FBS).

The Iowa State game was an example of how he reacted under pressure. With a conference/schedule with weak defenses there are limited examples of teams that consistently applied pressure. Although that game doesn’t define Grier entirely it was a window into how he plays under pressure. Texas is a bad example because they had a weak defense (67th in FBS).
    Weak defense that shut down Georgia easily enough. Could also be there are a lot of good offenses that lower the defense ranking also. But than again Fromm is a qb in next year's draft and didn't look that great against that weak defense.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-current) Bradley Roby
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

I could see him going in 3rd and 4th rounds.

4th/5th??

4th/5th, correct. I could potentially see him going in the 3rd round if a team really falls in love with him, but it still a stretch. The guy is just a mediocre prospect in every single way, and from the first time I watched him, it was clear the arm just isn't good enough for the NFL. I will say, on them throws in the middle of the field within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage, he can put it on a receiver and is very accurate, but beyond this, the positives are far outweighed by the negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Weak defense that shut down Georgia easily enough. Could also be there are a lot of good offenses that lower the defense ranking also. But than again Fromm is a qb in next year's draft and didn't look that great against that weak defense.
    Grierís play against Texas doesnít remove his limitations as an NFL prospect. Thatís not to say he doesnít possess some good qualities. He projects more as a backup quarterback. If he is drafted earlier than I believe he will be then good for him.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 03-29-2019 at 06:35 AM.

I see Grier going 3-4 round. If Denver has not gone QB before that he could be a nice selection. He is a gamer. No he isn't extremely talented but he could surprise some people in a year or two in the right system. I agree with most I see him as a backup qb long term, but a very solid one.

Grier will go early to mid 2nd round but he isnt worth that in my opinion