X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buckeye Bronco
    Bench Warmer
    • Nov 2006

Two words, Patrick Mahomes. Jones is great a disrupting the pocket moving the QB to the DE.

Comment

• Bootleg
      🏈
      • Mar 2008

That's a big gap between 1st and 2nd.

Comment

• Sam_Z
        Banned User
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Humberg View Post
        Yeah, if Wolfe gets released it would be financial, not football related. Depends what happens with the Chris Harris situation. It might come down to who they want more, Wolfe or Harris because you can't pay everyone.

If Jones plays lights out its Walker who would be on notice. Jones will compete opposite Wolfe and switch inside on nickel just like Walker.
        I agree to an extent but I do think it’s Wolfe That would be put on notice.

The only reason I say this, is because we still have walker on a rookie contract. Why get rid of somebody that you can keep on the roster for a few more years at Little to no pay when compared to Wolfe who will be a free agent next season.

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
          team preacher
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
          I agree to an extent but I do think it’s Wolfe That would be put on notice.

The only reason I say this, is because we still have walker on a rookie contract. Why get rid of somebody that you can keep on the roster for a few more years at Little to no pay when compared to Wolfe who will be a free agent next season.
          I don’t think you do that if the guy your keeping isn’t good enough to get on the field
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• beastlyskronk
            Football Immortal
            • Jun 2007

Jones has potential but I don’t see much difference between him and Walker when he came out. Both of them got washed out in the run game from the interior especially if they didn’t get to shoot a gap. Both of them stalled out as a pass rusher if their swim or rip move didn’t work and if the Center helped out they were a non factor.

If Jones works on his anchor and pass rushing repertoire as well as getting a stronger anchor he’ll be fine, just like Walker. Although I think Walker does play with better leverage.

Comment

• Buckeye Bronco
              Bench Warmer
              • Nov 2006

Remember people have to find something wrong with a NFL draft prospect. He was 2nd on the team with 13 TFL at tOSU last year. PFF had him as a 1st round pick at the end of the season, but then teams seem to forget what happened on the field and get caught up with combine hype. His numbers were close to Wolfe's BTW.

He's not Shane Ray bad at the POA. He'll put on weight and that will help with absorbing blocks. I'm pretty sure the new coach is pretty damn good at accessing DL talent.

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              Jones has potential but I don’t see much difference between him and Walker when he came out. Both of them got washed out in the run game from the interior especially if they didn’t get to shoot a gap. Both of them stalled out as a pass rusher if their swim or rip move didn’t work and if the Center helped out they were a non factor.

If Jones works on his anchor and pass rushing repertoire as well as getting a stronger anchor he’ll be fine, just like Walker. Although I think Walker does play with better leverage.

Comment

• Freyaka
                Football Immortal
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                Fant and Risner will have little competition. Jones will be in a competition with Wolfe, Gotsis, Walker, Maybe Kerr and/or Harris. He will have to show that he can hold up in the run game before he will be an every down player. I wouldn't count on him beating out Wolfe. Wolfe is stronger, and I think, more athletic. I think Jones is quicker but I don't think that is enough to outplay Wolfe his rookie year. Maybe next year though.
                I agree with your thoughts here. I do also agree that Jones is a beast, but you've got the right thought. Jones has a lot of veteran competition. Fant and Risner don't. They are basically going to win their jobs just by showing up healthy. It's going to take them playing very poorly to not see significant play time. Jones, despite all his abilities will likely be a rotational player this year, starter next year.
                sigpic

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post
                  Remember people have to find something wrong with a NFL draft prospect. He was 2nd on the team with 13 TFL at tOSU last year. PFF had him as a 1st round pick at the end of the season, but then teams seem to forget what happened on the field and get caught up with combine hype. His numbers were close to Wolfe's BTW.

He's not Shane Ray bad at the POA. He'll put on weight and that will help with absorbing blocks. I'm pretty sure the new coach is pretty damn good at accessing DL talent.
                  13 TFL but college includes sacks into that category. I’m not saying he’s bad or won’t develop, Demarcus Walker was a 2nd round pick for a reason so I don’t even think it’s a bad comparison for him. I still think Walker can be what we drafted him to be, if you extrapolate his numbers per snap he has a high amount of production. Unfortunately for whatever reason the coaching staff wouldn’t give him a chance to sustain those numbers. Maybe he’s a bad practice player, maybe he got into it with the coaches, but he’s flashed when he’s played at his natural position.

I’m just saying that Jones may not be that interior pocket collapser that he can be his rookie year. Dlinemen take time to develop and Walker has been here developing under one of the best coaches in the game. Granted if he’s in Kollar’s doghouse then it won’t matter much and he will likely be cut.

Comment

• broncos SB2010
                    All-Time Great
                    • Apr 2008

scouting report on Jones, includes short video clips
                    sigpic

Comment

• Sam_Z
                      Banned User
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                      I don’t think you do that if the guy your keeping isn’t good enough to get on the field
                      Of course not but we have to find out if Fangio can make a difference with him or not.

I guess could we may already know the results there because he’s had Bill Kollar all this time!
                      Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-29-2019, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                        team preacher
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                        Of course not but we have to find out if Fangio can make a difference with him or not.
                        Our D line isn’t very deep. I’d be shocked if Wolfe was cut.
                        sigpic

Comment

• SaltySnipes
                          Bench Warmer
                          • Sep 2016

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                          13 TFL but college includes sacks into that category. I’m not saying he’s bad or won’t develop, Demarcus Walker was a 2nd round pick for a reason so I don’t even think it’s a bad comparison for him. I still think Walker can be what we drafted him to be, if you extrapolate his numbers per snap he has a high amount of production. Unfortunately for whatever reason the coaching staff wouldn’t give him a chance to sustain those numbers. Maybe he’s a bad practice player, maybe he got into it with the coaches, but he’s flashed when he’s played at his natural position.

I’m just saying that Jones may not be that interior pocket collapser that he can be his rookie year. Dlinemen take time to develop and Walker has been here developing under one of the best coaches in the game. Granted if he’s in Kollar’s doghouse then it won’t matter much and he will likely be cut.
                          Not a fair comparison because they never even gave walker a chance because he couldnt play special teams and messed with his weight.

Comment

• Joshua2585
                            All-Pro
                            • Jun 2011

You know what it crazy...

Dre'Mont Jones:

vs.

Aaron Donald:
                            Latest on DL Aaron Donald including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on NFL.com

Aaron was top in 3/6 categories for his position. He has better numbers in every category than Jones, yet was graded at 5.35 and 4-5 round projection. Jones is graded at 5.81 2-3 round pick. The only thing I can think of is he went and performed at a bigger school. Pittsburgh vs OSU

Comment

• broncos SB2010
                              All-Time Great
                              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                              Our D line isn’t very deep. I’d be shocked if Wolfe was cut.
                              they are pretty deep at DE with Wolfe, Gotsis, Walker, Kerr, and Jones. They have a couple just listed as Dline. They have less at NT with just Shelby listed there so far. I wouldn't be surprised to see some switching of positions from DE/DL to NT. Kerr and Purcell are players that I would guess are assigned to NT positions. Purcell was with Fangio in SF back in 2013 and 2014.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                                team preacher
                                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                                they are pretty deep at DE with Wolfe, Gotsis, Walker, Kerr, and Jones. They have a couple just listed as Dline. They have less at NT with just Shelby listed there so far. I wouldn't be surprised to see some switching of positions from DE/DL to NT. Kerr and Purcell are players that I would guess are assigned to NT positions. Purcell was with Fangio in SF back in 2013 and 2014.
                                I think you’re using the term deep loosely here
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X