Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Dremont Jones

As far as coaching staff goes for Walker, yes his rookie year was a waste. However, his position coach was Kollar. So honestly, he had one of the better teachers and developers in the league already. Maybe, the new system will help, but I expect Walker to be a bubble roster guy.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    I'd love for Walker to show something. He hasn't, up until now. Nobody is being "too quick" to write of Walker. It's been 2 years, he's a 2nd Round Pick, and he has barely touched the field for a team that would have played him from Day 1 as the Vance Joseph Coaching staff would have done ANYTHING to keep their jobs. I'm not going to hold my breath on Walker's future. And judging by the Dre'Mont Jones Pick, I don't think the Broncos FO is holding thier breath, either. Unfortunately for Walker, I think he needs a "Miracle" to stick around.
    2 yrs with one of the worst coaching staffs we have ever had. I think Iíll give him the benefit and see wat happens this season.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    2 yrs with one of the worst coaching staffs we have ever had. I think Iíll give him the benefit and see wat happens this season.
    His position coach was Kollar, one of the best in the business.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    As far as coaching staff goes for Walker, yes his rookie year was a waste. However, his position coach was Kollar. So honestly, he had one of the better teachers and developers in the league already. Maybe, the new system will help, but I expect Walker to be a bubble roster guy.
    So youíre saying Walker himself might actually be responsible for not seeing the field?! No way!

His position coach was Kollar, one of the best in the business.
    He really hasn't worked with Kollar much before last year. He worked with Fred Pagac in 2017 at OLB.

The coaching staff wasted his talents, he has a very high ceiling and has produced with the few snaps he has gotten. His lack if playing time has been explained as a "numbers" issue. As in there have been too many players ahead of him in the deoth chart. Right now, other than he, there's Jones, Wolfe and Gotsis. Then there's Harris and Kerr as DE/NT tweeners. I think that the starting lineup there could change soon, if he has a great camp it would not be a surprise if he takes over started nf for Wolfe this year.. Woofers is a candidate for a surprise cut this summer IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    He really hasn't worked with Kollar much before last year. He worked with Fred Pagac in 2017 at OLB.

The coaching staff wasted his talents, he has a very high ceiling and has produced with the few snaps he has gotten. His lack if playing time has been explained as a "numbers" issue. As in there have been too many players ahead of him in the deoth chart. Right now, other than he, there's Jones, Wolfe and Gotsis. Then there's Harris and Kerr as DE/NT tweeners. I think that the starting lineup there could change soon, if he has a great camp it would not be a surprise if he takes over started nf for Wolfe this year.. Woofers is a candidate for a surprise cut this summer IMO.
    He was with Kollar until Midway into camp, he began dual hatting, and then OLB. Then he had a full off-season last year. A numbers game means that he simply didn't show what needed to be done to hit the field. His position coach also felt that way, and I trust Kollar. He lost the battle to Shelby Harris, and narrowly edged Clint McDonald for the last spot on the roster. Maybe the light clicks, but I'm not holding my breath.

He was with Kollar until Midway into camp, he began dual hatting, and then OLB. Then he had a full off-season last year. A numbers game means that he simply didn't show what needed to be done to hit the field. His position coach also felt that way, and I trust Kollar. He lost the battle to Shelby Harris, and narrowly edged Clint McDonald for the last spot on the roster. Maybe the light clicks, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Exactly right. But if it makes people feel better to blame everything negative with the Broncos on Vance Joseph, then knock yourselves out. If Walker could play effectively, then ANY NFL Coaching Staff would have had him on the field. KOLLAR would certainly have had him on the field. This isn't some vast, football conspiracy against Walker.

Exactly right. But if it makes people feel better to blame everything negative with the Broncos on Vance Joseph, then knock yourselves out. If Walker could play effectively, then ANY NFL Coaching Staff would have had him on the field. KOLLAR would certainly have had him on the field. This isn't some vast, football conspiracy against Walker.
    It's not just conspiracy theory talk. We know that the coaching staff messed up his first year. They admitted to that. Then when he was moved over to where he should have been in the first place he played well with limited opportunities. Then when the team's win/loss record sunk the season he wasn't given a significant increase in playing time to evaluate him in live action-a move that was questioned by the media. Everything about his situation screams mismanagement by the coaching staff. And that coaching staff was fired. We'll see if he has a 'break out' kind of year. I'd say that there's a good chance of it.

I feel like one of the more interesting camp battles will be Walker vs Jones as a situation pass rusher

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    I feel like one of the more interesting camp battles will be Walker vs Jones as a situation pass rusher
    Likewise 10 char

Nah - itís not that black and white. Look how dumb coaches were about CJ Anderson. We all knew he could play, they sure didnít. They didnít know until they had to play him then he went off.

The same coaching staff that thought Adam Jones could still play? The same coaching staff that followed up the Jones plunder with Brock? The same coaching staff that only played Shelby Harris on 36% of the snaps last year? The same coaching staff that left Davis and Jewell in man coverage on WRs like Sammy Watkins? The same coaching staff that let Kittle have a record breaking day with a 3rd string QB throwing him the ball? The same coaching staff that let Isaiah Crowell have a record breaking day and then proceeded to let Gurley rack up over 200 yards again the next week? And that isnít even going into their decisions on offense or their decisions in 2 minute drills.

Yes we have every reason to question their decisions as some of them were been downright baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    The same coaching staff that thought Adam Jones could still play? The same coaching staff that followed up the Jones plunder with Brock? The same coaching staff that only played Shelby Harris on 36% of the snaps last year? The same coaching staff that left Davis and Jewell in man coverage on WRs like Sammy Watkins? The same coaching staff that let Kittle have a record breaking day with a 3rd string QB throwing him the ball? The same coaching staff that let Isaiah Crowell have a record breaking day and then proceeded to let Gurley rack up over 200 yards again the next week? And that isnít even going into their decisions on offense or their decisions in 2 minute drills.

Yes we have every reason to question their decisions as some of them were been downright baffling.
    Exactly - absolutely correct, glad someone gets it.

I felt Joseph was a yes man to his assistant coaches. My guess is that Walker was sitting based on Koller relaying to Joseph that he wasn't quite there yet. I believe it was about halfway through the season when Joseph started taking things into his own hands (calling the D on sundays). At this point, Joseph was fighting for his job and was no way putting in unproven players. I think this year will be telling for guys like Walker, Cravens and few of our linebackers.
    How did I get so lucky at 8 years old to pick the Broncos as my favourite NFL team and 35 years later have them be the most successful winning franchise since I picked them

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMoss View Post
    I felt Joseph was a yes man to his assistant coaches. My guess is that Walker was sitting based on Koller relaying to Joseph that he wasn't quite there yet. I believe it was about halfway through the season when Joseph started taking things into his own hands (calling the D on sundays). At this point, Joseph was fighting for his job and was no way putting in unproven players. I think this year will be telling for guys like Walker, Cravens and few of our linebackers.
    I tend to think the opposite. I doubt the special teams coach was advocating for McKenzie his rookie year and Adam Jones was VJís guy from their Cincy days.