Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Dremont Jones

Dremont Jones is an interesting pick, because he isn't a prototypical DT size, and more of a tweener. He didn't test exceptionally well at the combine, but his game tape was very good, bordering on first round talent. I think he has a place here as a rotational player as Fangio says he doesn't think of the D line in terms of tackle or end.

Quote Originally Posted by Humberg View Post
    Yeah, if Wolfe gets released it would be financial, not football related. Depends what happens with the Chris Harris situation. It might come down to who they want more, Wolfe or Harris because you can't pay everyone.

If Jones plays lights out its Walker who would be on notice. Jones will compete opposite Wolfe and switch inside on nickel just like Walker.
    That is silly since both Wolf and Harris are underpaid per production. If Denver does not need to cut salary if they don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Dremont Jones is an interesting pick, because he isn't a prototypical DT size, and more of a tweener. He didn't test exceptionally well at the combine, but his game tape was very good, bordering on first round talent. I think he has a place here as a rotational player as Fangio says he doesn't think of the D line in terms of tackle or end.
    Do you mean prototypical size for a two-gap DT?

Quote Originally Posted by speardog View Post
    That is silly since both Wolf and Harris are underpaid per production. If Denver does not need to cut salary if they don't want to.
    How is Wolfe underpaid per production?

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMoss View Post
    I felt Joseph was a yes man to his assistant coaches. My guess is that Walker was sitting based on Koller relaying to Joseph that he wasn't quite there yet. I believe it was about halfway through the season when Joseph started taking things into his own hands (calling the D on sundays). At this point, Joseph was fighting for his job and was no way putting in unproven players. I think this year will be telling for guys like Walker, Cravens and few of our linebackers.
    I hope Cravens is released i get the feeling he is a guy who wants to be famous. not really a football player. we need people who are football players and want to be football players. i don't think that cravens.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Do you mean prototypical size for a two-gap DT?
    Yes. At the start of the off season I believed we would need a large run stuffer for a 3-4 defense, but Fangio runs a 3-4 under system I believe. I also thought that to implement this he would need athletic and sound in coverage ILBers, but he has surprised there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    How is Wolfe underpaid per production?
    I was thinking the same. Wolfe got Malik's money then his motor just stopped. He's now "just a guy" at end.

Just a guy? Wolfe is double teamed more than anyone on our front line, nearly every snap. Im not saying he was as effective last year as he has been in the past, but to say hes a jag is not entirely accurate imo.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    His position coach was Kollar, one of the best in the business.

No in his rookie year VJ played him as a stand up olb

we paid marshal and wolf and let danny and malik walk. lol my goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    we paid marshal and wolf and let danny and malik walk. lol my goodness.
    And if those guys were willing to take the contracts Wolfe and Marshall took theyd probably still be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    And if those guys were willing to take the contracts Wolfe and Marshall took they’d probably still be here.
    marshal was paid the same as danny to chicago.. malik is way better value than wolf because he isint made of glass and is a better player. not elway bashing at all but you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    marshal was paid the same as danny to chicago.. malik is way better value than wolf because he isint made of glass and is a better player. not elway bashing at all but you get the idea.
    Malik also got over paid which is why I he was released before the contract ended the 10m range was perfect for him and he got overpaid. Elway has a thing of going with the value he feels right for a player and not over paying. Which is a good business model

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Malik also got over paid which is why I he was released before the contract ended the 10m range was perfect for him and he got overpaid. Elway has a thing of going with the value he feels right for a player and not over paying. Which is a good business model
    Malik may not have been over paid if he had stayed here. When he left for JAX he moved to a 7/9 technique. He very well might have done better here playing the 5.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Malik may not have been over paid if he had stayed here. When he left for JAX he moved to a 7/9 technique. He very well might have done better here playing the 5.
    i though he was more of a 3 or a 0 tech over there. either way i still stick by statement he got over payed and Elway refused to over pay for players. he should fit well into a 3-4 but he is not super elite like most people make him out to be. is a good interior pass rusher who can handle run duties, but i am not sure he is top 5 of the interior pressures. and he is no flecher cox Aaron donald geno Atkins or JJ Watt. i don't think he has ever hit double digit sacks nor put up elite pass rusher numbers. if you compare the stats and ect wolfe and jacks are very similar

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait