• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SaltySnipes
    Bench Warmer
    • Sep 2016

Dremont Jones

This guy is a brilliant pick. Going to be an absolute force; I can’t believe we got him in the 3rd. He’s probably going to contribute more than anyone this year despite Risner also being an animal and fant bring a freak. Look for him to be lights out day 1
    Last edited by SaltySnipes; 04-28-2019, 11:29 AM.
  • broncos SB2010
    All-Time Great
    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    This guy is a brilliant pick. Going to be an absolute force; I can’t believe we got him in the 3rd. He’s probably going to contribute more than anyone this year despite Risner also being an animal and fant bring a freak. Look for him to be lights out day 1
    He might, but I would bet on Fant or Risner.
    sigpic

Comment

• SaltySnipes
      Bench Warmer
      • Sep 2016

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      He might, but I would bet on Fant or Risner.
      First round talent - got him in the 3rd I just can’t believe it. I bet he’ll finish better than wolf by the end of the year. Thank goodness DT was insanely stacked this year. The Colts fans wanted him in the first and so did the Steelers. So pumped

Comment

• broncos SB2010
        All-Time Great
        • Apr 2008

First round talent - got him in the 3rd I just can’t believe it. I bet he’ll finish better than wolf by the end of the year. Thank goodness DT was insanely stacked this year. The Colts fans wanted him in the first and so did the Steelers. So pumped
        Fant and Risner will have little competition. Jones will be in a competition with Wolfe, Gotsis, Walker, Maybe Kerr and/or Harris. He will have to show that he can hold up in the run game before he will be an every down player. I wouldn't count on him beating out Wolfe. Wolfe is stronger, and I think, more athletic. I think Jones is quicker but I don't think that is enough to outplay Wolfe his rookie year. Maybe next year though.
        Last edited by broncos SB2010; 04-28-2019, 12:00 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• SaltySnipes
          Bench Warmer
          • Sep 2016

Fant and Risner will have little competition. Jones will be in a competition with Wolfe, Gotsis, Walker, Maybe Kerr and/or Harris. He will have to show that he can hold up in the run game before he will be an every down player. I wouldn't count on him beating out Wolfe. Wolfe is stronger, and I think, more athletic. I think Jones is quicker but I don't think that is enough to outplay Wolfe his rookie year. Maybe next year though.
          Wolf is more polished and savvy but def not more athletic. I bet him and fant see similar playing time per fant in a stronger learning curve of tight end in the NFL. Regardless, Jones is arguably a better player than Risner and will be surrounded by wolf Chubb and miller. His situation is better per receiving way less attention like fant will command.

Comment

• broncos SB2010
            All-Time Great
            • Apr 2008

Wolf is more polished and savvy but def not more athletic. I bet him and fant see similar playing time per fant in a stronger learning curve of tight end in the NFL. Regardless, Jones is arguably a better player than Risner and will be surrounded by wolf Chubb and miller. His situation is better per receiving way less attention like fant will command.
            compare the combine numbers for Wolfe and Jones. Wolfe is better in all of them with more weight. Wolfe may have slowed down a little but he has added strength.
            I think Risner is the better prospect over Jones. Risner will probably start at one of the interior positions and has a good chance of keeping it for years. Jones is on the small and weak side of interior Dline players. He will be a rotational player, probably at a 3 technique in certain packages but he will have to get stronger to play a 4 or 5 technique well on a consistent basis.

It's not like Jones has Ed Oliver measurables.
            Last edited by broncos SB2010; 04-28-2019, 12:17 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• SaltySnipes
              Bench Warmer
              • Sep 2016

compare the combine numbers for Wolfe and Jones. Wolfe is better in all of them with more weight. Wolfe may have slowed down a little but he has added strength.
              I think Risner is the better prospect over Jones. Risner will probably start at one of the interior positions and has a good chance of keeping it for years. Jones is on the small and weak side of interior Dline players. He will be a rotational player, probably at a 3 technique in certain packages but he will have to get stronger to play a 4 or 5 technique well on a consistent basis.

That’s fair - don’t use facts and logic to out debate me lol

Comment

• FR Tim
                Football Immortal
                • Jul 2013

I love the enthusiasm though. I will have no problem with the debate of “who was better” in that group as long as they all have impactful years.

I think all 3 will have significant roles.

Comment

• Murph2432
                  Playmaker
                  • Sep 2008

If he comes to camp and balls out. Do t be surprised if we release Wolfe. Dmac heard some chatter at practice that Wolfe might be on the bubble. It would also save us a pretty penny.

Comment

• SaltySnipes
                    Bench Warmer
                    • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                    If he comes to camp and balls out. Do t be surprised if we release Wolfe. Dmac heard some chatter at practice that Wolfe might be on the bubble. It would also save us a pretty penny.
                    Then we can release Flacco next year and get Bobby Wagner with Lock on a rookie deal we can pay “everything” - thanos voice

Comment

• SaltySnipes
                      Bench Warmer
                      • Sep 2016

I do see Gotsis and wolf being the better run stoppers but Jones being the better pass rusher. Wolf will most likely Miss 3-4 games and Jones will fill in as a starter nicely.

Comment

• 15thebeast
                        Bench Warmer
                        • Aug 2008

I do see Gotsis and wolf being the better run stoppers but Jones being the better pass rusher. Wolf will most likely Miss 3-4 games and Jones will fill in as a starter nicely.
                        Wolfe and Gotsis are going to be the starters but Walker and Jones will rotate in and see plenty of game time. We need more production this year from our D-line we can’t just rely on Chubb and Miller to get after the QB

Comment

• broncos SB2010
                          All-Time Great
                          • Apr 2008

That's very possible.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Humberg
                            Sitting in the HOF
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                            Yeah, if Wolfe gets released it would be financial, not football related. Depends what happens with the Chris Harris situation. It might come down to who they want more, Wolfe or Harris because you can't pay everyone.

If Jones plays lights out its Walker who would be on notice. Jones will compete opposite Wolfe and switch inside on nickel just like Walker.
                            The only place that success comes before work is in the dictionary. - Vince Lombardi

Comment

• MarshallMoss
                              Special Teams
                              • Sep 2007

Last edited by MarshallMoss; 04-29-2019, 09:08 AM.
                              "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Comment

Working...
                              X