Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Dremont Jones

Iíd like to see Wolfe and Gotsis on 1st and 2nd and short yardage with Walker and Jones rotating in on 2nd and long and 3rd downs ...I donít want to see an experiment with Jones as an OLB .....

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    Malik was viewed as "just a guy" until the 2015 season. His first 3 years were nondescript, at best. I think Walker could still produce on the same level Malik did, in his last year here.
    Malik Jackson hardly saw the field his first year and didn't actually show his talent and production until year 4. And everybody seems to forget this, but Von had a better rookie year than JJ Watt. Watt was good, not great as a rookie.
    That isn't quite accurate. He had a good 2nd year in 2013 and then in 2014 he started the last 6 games replacing Sly at DT due to playing so well.

Malik Jackson hardly saw the field his first year and didn't actually show his talent and production until year 4. And everybody seems to forget this, but Von had a better rookie year than JJ Watt. Watt was good, not great as a rookie.
    Malik was also picked super late and wasn't great in college.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    Didn't he transfer from USC to Tennessee?

He was drafted in the fifth and was second team all SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    So he was no jones - got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    And also played NT

So he was no jones - got it.
    3rd round-5th round are considered middle rounds. However you have a point, although Malik far outperformed his draft status so Iím not sure what the purpose of the comparison is.

People are too quick to write off Walker.

Fangio and his staff are renowned teachers. Fangio also knows how to get the most out of his players.

Walker might surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    People are too quick to write off Walker.

Fangio and his staff are renowned teachers. Fangio also knows how to get the most out of his players.

Walker might surprise.
    I'd love for Walker to show something. He hasn't, up until now. Nobody is being "too quick" to write of Walker. It's been 2 years, he's a 2nd Round Pick, and he has barely touched the field for a team that would have played him from Day 1 as the Vance Joseph Coaching staff would have done ANYTHING to keep their jobs. I'm not going to hold my breath on Walker's future. And judging by the Dre'Mont Jones Pick, I don't think the Broncos FO is holding thier breath, either. Unfortunately for Walker, I think he needs a "Miracle" to stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    I'd love for Walker to show something. He hasn't, up until now. Nobody is being "too quick" to write of Walker. It's been 2 years, he's a 2nd Round Pick, and he has barely touched the field for a team that would have played him from Day 1 as the Vance Joseph Coaching staff would have done ANYTHING to keep their jobs. I'm not going to hold my breath on Walker's future. And judging by the Dre'Mont Jones Pick, I don't think the Broncos FO is holding thier breath, either. Unfortunately for Walker, I think he needs a "Miracle" to stick around.
    On profootball focus he grades out quite highly on the limited reps he did play. I think his lack of game time is down to the old coaching staff not knowing how to use him properly. I do think heís going to surprise this year

Quote Originally Posted by 15thebeast View Post
    On profootball focus he grades out quite highly on the limited reps he did play. I think his lack of game time is down to the old coaching staff not knowing how to use him properly. I do think heís going to surprise this year
    I hope youíre right

The old coaching staff was terrible and didnít know how to use Walker right to the best of his abilityís this is his last chance to figure it out in Denver and I think he will.

If you go back to the 2018 preseason, youíll see that Walker was constantly double teamed. Howís a back up playing with back ups supposed to succeed when being doubled!

He was used to clog lanes at times (which isnít who he is) but his teammates didnít do him many favors by not getting to the ball carrier too often. It was only preseason but guys were still trying to win jobs I thought.

Also I remember VJ saying he was drafted with the idea of moving to OLB so perhaps he was in the dog house for not making the transition. Interior DE/DT can be a hard position to adjust to in the NFL so hopefully he starts to get it soon but we shall see.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-01-2019 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    If you go back to the 2018 preseason, youíll see that Walker was constantly double teamed. Howís a back up playing with back ups supposed to succeed when being doubled!

He was used to clog lanes at times (which isnít who he is) but his teammates didnít do him many favors by not getting to the ball carrier too often. It was only preseason but guys were still trying to win jobs I thought.

Also I remember VJ saying he was drafted with the idea of moving to OLB so perhaps he was in the dog house for not making the transition. Interior DE/DT can be a hard position to adjust to in the NFL so hopefully he starts to get it soon but we shall see.
    Vj is a moron who ruined his development. Heís def talented with an amazing swim move and a nose for the backfield. Lets see if Fangio can right his ship