Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 137
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Pats little brother? Did you have a little brother that beat you up all the time? I sure didn't. My little brother never got to me, just like the Pats don't get to the Broncos. They lose there.....

    I really believe you and your other 5 personalities are the envious ones. You are at a Bronco board, right? We didn't come to the Patsy board...........

    Close thread................ Again turning to a boring Pats convo.....
    I donít remember the Patriots lil brother the doncos ever beating the Patriots those 9 times they went to the Super Bowl in the Tom Brady era. Every once in a while a squirrel gets lucky and finds a nut thatís the doncoís, every once in a while they get lucky and beat the Pats but in the long run itís a total mismatch. Please stop worrying about the Pats and start worrying about beating the raiders for third place.

    The truth hurts

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    12,576
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Sure, you want to play this game? The 2 most important qualities for QBs are accuracy and decision making. In both these areas, the stats show (completion percentage, INTs) that Stidham was better than Lock. Mind you, both of these QBs played in the SEC, so the stats should be comparable.

    Stidham - 64% completions, 3.27 TD/INT ratio at Auburn

    Lock - 57% completions, 2.54 TD/IN ratio and Missouri

    This does not take into account that Stidham played with such a bad offense at Auburn, where numerous passes were dropped by WRs (this is well-known).
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Overall, Stidham had the better stats in the categories most important and played on a worse teams. Lock looks like another Bronco meathead QB with a big arm and no brains. Look at his INTs
    Ya I want to play this game because eventually youíll contradict yourself once again and look stupid.

    So with that said Iím sooo glad you feel this way because then youíd realize by your own logic and stats, that PFM was a far better player/QB and still is even if he isnít playing any longer while your cheetah is in fact still trying to eclipse PFMs numbers.

    If you canít agree then you would be considered the most biased contradictory human being of all time!

    Peyton Manning
    G-266, AV-272, COM%-65.3 YDS-71940, TD-539

    Cheetah
    G-269, AV-269, COM%-64.0 YDS-70514 TD-517

    Remember these are your own words.
    Overall, Stidham had the better stats in the categories most important and played on a worse teams.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-03-2019 at 10:57 AM.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,568
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Lock had twice as many passing attempts (approx. 1600) as Stidham (approx,. 850), so of course Lock is going to have twice as many TDs. HOWEVER, Lock had THREE times as many interceptions over their college careers. So Lock is more turnover prone than Stidham. For whatever reason you think only TDs count, but an INT can hurt your team as much as a TD helps it.
    So being that Lock was a 4 year starter and Stidham a 2 year starter at Auburn and 1/2 year starter at Baylor wouldn't affect these numbers??? You have no idea what you're talking about. You don't watch SEC football, you're just looking at some stat bottom line off Google. I posted the last 2 years just to get a even balance for the two.

    In those two years, lock had 117 more attempts, 36 more TD's and only 10 more int's. I'll crunch those numbers for you.....

    Just so you can understand how interception and TD percentage is calculated, you divide the number of pass attempts into the number of interceptions/TDs and multiply by 100.

    Junior and Senior years combined

    Drew lock had 856 attempts and 21 ints. 21/856=0.025 multiplied by 100 equals 2.45% INTERCEPTION PERCENTAGE

    Jarrett Stidham had 739 attempts and 11 ints. 11/739=0.015 multiplied by 100 equals 1.48% INTERCEPTION PERCENTAGE


    Drew Lock had 856 attempts and 72 TD's 72/856=0.084 multiplied by 100 equals 8.41% TD PERCENTAGE

    Jarrett Stidham had 739 attempts and 36 TD's 36/739=0.049 multiplied by 100 equals 4.87% TD PERCENTAGE

    So, in 117 more pass attempts, Lock had 36 more TD's and on 10 more ints. I think the balance is there for your viewing pleasure.

    Also, as you can see that yes, Lock is 1% higher in pass attempts that lead to interceptions... 1 whole percent.....

    You can also see the Lock is 4% higher in pass attempts that lead to TD's as well....... What does that translate to you CLASS??? Anyone???
    Last edited by Stackhouser; 05-03-2019 at 11:45 AM.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Three peat View Post
    I don’t remember the Patriots lil brother the doncos ever beating the Patriots those 9 times they went to the Super Bowl in the Tom Brady era. Every once in a while a squirrel gets lucky and finds a nut that’s the donco’s, every once in a while they get lucky and beat the Pats but in the long run it’s a total mismatch. Please stop worrying about the Pats and start worrying about beating the raiders for third place.

    The truth hurts
    So the Squirrel has found that "nut" 7 more times than the Cheetah all time then I guess. During the Tom Brady era the Squirrel has found the "nut" 1 more time that the Cheetah. In the most important games they can play against each other, (playoffs), tell me how many "nuts' the Cheetah has found against the Squirrel???

    I'm thinking it should say the Pats get lucky and beat the Broncos once in a while.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Ya I want to play this game because eventually you’ll contradict yourself once again and look stupid.

    So with that said I’m sooo glad you feel this way because then you’d realize by your own logic and stats, that PFM was a far better player/QB and still is even if he isn’t playing any longer while your cheetah is in fact still trying to eclipse PFMs numbers.

    If you can’t agree then you would be considered the most biased contradictory human being of all time!

    Peyton Manning
    G-266, AV-272, COM%-65.3 YDS-71940, TD-539

    Cheetah
    G-269, AV-269, COM%-64.0 YDS-70514 TD-517

    Remember these are your own words.
    Overall, Stidham had the better stats in the categories most important and played on a worse teams.
    Clearly you didn't read my post. You left off INTs from your analysis between Brady and Manning. The TD/INT ratio is an important one and it reflects the decision making ability of a QB.

    Manning - TD/INT: 539/251 = 2.15

    Brady - TD/INT: 517/171 = 3.02

    And just for comparison sake:

    Montana - TD/INT: 273/139 = 1.96

    So Brady blows Manning (and Montana) out of the water in decision making. Get it?

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    So being that Lock was a 4 year starter and Stidham a 2 year starter at Auburn and 1/2 year starter at Baylor wouldn't affect these numbers??? You have no idea what you're talking about. You don't watch SEC football, you're just looking at some stat bottom line off Google. I posted the last 2 years just to get a even balance for the two.

    In those two years, lock had 117 more attempts, 36 more TD's and only 10 more int's. I'll crunch those numbers for you.....

    Just so you can understand how interception and TD percentage is calculated, you divide the number of pass attempts into the number of interceptions/TDs and multiply by 100.

    Junior and Senior years combined

    Drew lock had 856 attempts and 21 ints. 21/856=0.025 multiplied by 100 equals 2.45% INTERCEPTION PERCENTAGE

    Jarrett Stidham had 739 attempts and 11 ints. 11/739=0.015 multiplied by 100 equals 1.48% INTERCEPTION PERCENTAGE


    Drew Lock had 856 attempts and 72 TD's 72/856=0.084 multiplied by 100 equals 8.41% TD PERCENTAGE

    Jarrett Stidham had 739 attempts and 36 TD's 36/739=0.049 multiplied by 100 equals 4.87% TD PERCENTAGE

    So, in 117 more pass attempts, Lock had 36 more TD's and on 10 more ints. I think the balance is there for your viewing pleasure.

    Also, as you can see that yes, Lock is 1% higher in pass attempts that lead to interceptions... 1 whole percent.....

    You can also see the Lock is 4% higher in pass attempts that lead to TD's as well....... What does that translate to you CLASS??? Anyone???
    I have no idea what I'm talking about? You just reiterated what I said in my earlier post and that is Drew Look is more turn-over prone than Stidham, and you're analysis (which you wasted time doing) reflects that. I never once said that Stidham was better at throwing TDs. Everyone who has done an analysis on Lock's college career says the same thing - cannon for an arm, but very inconsistent. One minute he makes a great throw, the next minute he throws a head scratcher. That's why his career completion percentage is below 60%. And everyone knows that MIssouri had a high octane offense, which certainly helped Lock's numbers, as compared to Alabama. The bottom line is Stidham is competing for a back up spot, and Look is the future heir in Denver. No pressure whatsover on Stidham.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    So the Squirrel has found that "nut" 7 more times than the Cheetah all time then I guess. During the Tom Brady era the Squirrel has found the "nut" 1 more time that the Cheetah. In the most important games they can play against each other, (playoffs), tell me how many "nuts' the Cheetah has found against the Squirrel???

    I'm thinking it should say the Pats get lucky and beat the Broncos once in a while.
    It is very clear that the only reason Denver has been successful against NE in the playoffs is because of Mile High. That's it. If we lose to you in Denver it's always a close game. But when you come to Foxboro (which you would if you made the playoffs more often) you fold like a cheap tent. When has Denver ever blown out the Pats during the Brady era?

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    It is very clear that the only reason Denver has been successful against NE in the playoffs is because of Mile High. That's it. If we lose to you in Denver it's always a close game. But when you come to Foxboro (which you would if you made the playoffs more often) you fold like a cheap tent. When has Denver ever blown out the Pats during the Brady era?
    Its very clear that the only reason Brady beat the Broncos the one time he did in the playoffs was we had Tebow at QB.
    We beat Brady in the playoffs twice by double digits.(10,14) If you lose by 2 tds its a blowout.
    Last edited by Assassin27; 05-03-2019 at 02:47 PM.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin27 View Post
    Its very clear that the only reason Brady beat the Broncos the one time he did in the playoffs was we had Tebow at QB.
    We beat Brady in the playoffs twice by double digits.(10,14) If you lose by 2 tds its a blowout.
    I'll give you the 2005 AFC Divisional and 2013 AFCCG as Broncos blowouts. However, if we use your definition of a blowout as 2 TDs, the Pats have blown out the Broncos at least 6 times during the Brady era, one game by Matt Cassel lol.

    Tebow beat the Steelers that year in the playoffs, so there is no excuse to losing to us by 30 points the following week. Perhaps if you bothered to make the playoffs more often, we would meet again more than 4 times.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    I'll give you the 2005 AFC Divisional and 2013 AFCCG as Broncos blowouts. However, if we use your definition of a blowout as 2 TDs, the Pats have blown out the Broncos at least 6 times during the Brady era, one game by Matt Cassel lol.

    Tebow beat the Steelers that year in the playoffs, so there is no excuse to losing to us by 30 points the following week. Perhaps if you bothered to make the playoffs more often, we would meet again more than 4 times.
    Like I said "Tebow!" That Broncos team had no business even beating the Steelers. Regardless of when we make the playoffs the bottom line is we win when we do play the Pats and usually by 10 or more points. In 2015 playoff meeting the score of that game did not tell the true story of the beating Brady took which is still the worst beating he has ever had. Brady was bleeding, limping, crying slapping his hands on the ground in disbelief.. but he did give it his all I guess.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin27 View Post
    Like I said "Tebow!" That Broncos team had no business even beating the Steelers. Regardless of when we make the playoffs the bottom line is we win when we do play the Pats and usually by 10 or more points. In 2015 playoff meeting the score of that game did not tell the true story of the beating Brady took which is still the worst beating he has ever had. Brady was bleeding, limping, crying slapping his hands on the ground in disbelief.. but he did give it his all I guess.
    The 2005, 2013, and 2015 the Broncos beat were among the worst teams of the Brady/Beilchick era, especially defensively. So if beating the worst versions of the Patriots makes you sleep better at night, so be it. Notice how even our worst teams of the last two decades get deep into the playoffs, while your worst teams are picking in the top 5 of the draft, but whatever.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    The 2005, 2013, and 2015 the Broncos beat were among the worst teams of the Brady/Beilchick era, especially defensively. So if beating the worst versions of the Patriots makes you sleep better at night, so be it. Notice how even our worst teams of the last two decades get deep into the playoffs, while your worst teams are picking in the top 5 of the draft, but whatever.
    Yeah and that Tebow team sure was the Broncos best team The 2005 Pats team and 2015 Pats team were both defending champs...right? In 2015 we had a washed up PM that couldn't throw the ball 10 yrds. The 2013 Pats team was garbage ill give you that.
    Last edited by Assassin27; 05-03-2019 at 07:13 PM.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin27 View Post
    Yeah and that Tebow team sure was the Broncos best team The 2005 Pats team and 2015 Pats team were both defending champs...right? In 2015 we had a washed up PM that couldn't throw the ball 10 yrds. The 2013 Pats team was garbage ill give you that.
    First, none of the Brady/Belichick era teams were "garbage." The 2013 and 2015 teams were 12-4 and 2005 team was 10-6. However, defensively, were some of the worst of the past 2 decades. Beating them is hardly anything to thump your chest about. And really, no Pats fan that I know is chest beating about beating the Tebow-led Broncos. No Pats fan cares because we lost to the Ravens that year and came up short of our ultimate goal. You play to beat the Patriots, we play to win Super Bowls. It's a different mindset in Foxborough.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Three peat View Post
    I don’t remember the Patriots lil brother the doncos ever beating the Patriots those 9 times they went to the Super Bowl in the Tom Brady era. Every once in a while a squirrel gets lucky and finds a nut that’s the donco’s, every once in a while they get lucky and beat the Pats but in the long run it’s a total mismatch. Please stop worrying about the Pats and start worrying about beating the raiders for third place.

    The truth hurts
    The Broncos little sister TB found a nut and then he beat the Broncos in a playoff game...once! Guess you can get lucky every now and then.
    Last edited by Assassin27; 05-03-2019 at 07:34 PM.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    First, none of the Brady/Belichick era teams were "garbage." The 2013 and 2015 teams were 12-4 and 2005 team was 10-6. However, defensively, were some of the worst of the past 2 decades. Beating them is hardly anything to thump your chest about. And really, no Pats fan that I know is chest beating about beating the Tebow-led Broncos. No Pats fan cares because we lost to the Ravens that year and came up short of our ultimate goal. You play to beat the Patriots, we play to win Super Bowls. It's a different mindset in Foxborough.
    We don't play to beat the Pats... we just beat them most of the time in the playoffs anyway. The Pats are the last team in the playoffs the Broncos would be worried about.
    Last edited by Assassin27; 05-03-2019 at 07:41 PM.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •