My Top 10 Thoughts - 'Post Draft'

This will include all we know about the teams, prior to the Undrafted exercise.

I could have made a longer list but felt like 10 would be a decent number to stick with. Here goes (not really in order of magnitude...ha ha, and better described as the first 10 thoughts I had!):

1) The New York Giants remain a question mark. Many are still unsure about last year's draft, although Barkley is a stud. But they have turned a QB need into an overreaction draft, bi passing a load of talent to reach for Jones at 6. Obviously they were dead set on Jones, but it's too bad, because Dexter Lawrence might take a while to make an impact. However, if Lawrence does play to his potential, and Baker starts, this may not be as questionable as I thought. But do they have enough O weapons going forward?

2) I find it interesting that 3 of last year's class of QBs may all start on teams playing in the same division as the pats. Long term, that might make the case for a new division winner....someday! Especially The Jets, with Darnold, Bell, Mosley and now the highly touted Quinnen Williams together. Not this year, but I can see them making a move by next year. And I liked Buffalo's draft, adding the sought after Oliver and Ford, along with Singletary, who might become a starting RB at some point. As for Miami, Rosen's got a home now.

3) Seems like every year, lots of folks love what the pats did in the draft. This year is no different. Hey, I really like N'keal Harry at WR. I think he will be one of the best WRs from this draft class. But they added a number of potential starters, including Joejuan Williams, Winovich, Harris and Stidham....who D Jeremiah says, "throws the best ball" of all QBs in this draft. One thing BB does is mess with other GMs and support teams by keeping them guessing at what he is going to do in the draft. On the other hand, I find that some analysts praise every move he makes, even though it does not work out quite that good. In fact, I remember a 5 year study, back in his earlier days with the pats, when he was not ranked well with the drafts he had.

4) I keep raving about Indy of late, but I see a pattern developing in terms of successful roster moves. Quentin Nelson and Darius Leonard were home runs last year! This year I especially like Ya-Sin and Parris Campbell. Possibly another year of strong O and D upgrades. With Luck regaining his form, and a super Oline, this team should go deep.

5) The Jags might be back to 2017 form. If Foles plays like he can, this team should be a load. The first 2 picks could be pro bowlers at some point - Josh Allen and Jawaan Taylor. It will be imperative that they get Fournette to be the player he can be, and if so, I see this team making a major rebound (though his actions make me wonder).

6) I can't help but believe that San Fran will also jump way up the standings, with the return of Jimmy G and Jerick McKinnon, and the additions of Dee Ford, Tevin Coleman and a few others, as well as Bosa and Samuel....I see a team that could be dangerous.

7) Kudos to Mike Mayock and Gruden for drafting players with skill and character. Not necessarily The Raiders that many of us remember, in that regard. And yes, they will be a decent team, by '20.

8) Not a performance thing, but I love The Draft, with all its human stories. As with every year, this year again provided so many happy player/family moments...as well as beautiful "presenter" moments as well. Have to admit, my emotions get a bit sensitive when they show people who have overcome adversity, or will not let it be a factor in their everyday lives.

9) As for our Broncos..... Really happy with the offseason, especially the first 2 days of The Draft. I was clearly a Lock guy, and little did I suspect that we'd get him in such value terms. I believe he is the future, and I also believe it won't hurt that he may now have a bit of a chip on his shoulder. But a nice young man, who should bond well with all the other talented young men we have on this team - Lindsay, Freeman, Sutton, Hamilton, Fant, Risner, Chubb and so on. The nucleus of a potential SB winning team! Not to mention the improvement in the coaching staff, who will likely win games on decision-making alone, while making the most of the talent we have.

10) I will predict that, by next season, The AFC West will again be one of the stronger divisions in The NFL. Those 6 games between divisional opponents will be significant factors in terms of divisional and wild card aspirations. Coming off 2018/19, KC and The Chargers were strong. But we will be a force sooner than later, and even The Raiders, in Vegas, could be a decent team.

what say you?
    Last edited by CanDB; 04-29-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    This will include all we know about the teams, prior to the Undrafted exercise.

I could have made a longer list but felt like 10 would be a decent number to stick with. Here goes (not really in order of magnitude...ha ha, and better described as the first 10 thoughts I had!):

1) The New York Giants remain a question mark. Many are still unsure about last year's draft, although Barkley is a stud. But they have turned a QB need into an overreaction draft, bi passing a load of talent to reach for Jones at 6. Obviously they were dead set on Jones, but it's too bad, because Dexter Lawrence might take a while to make an impact. However, if Lawrence does play to his potential, and Baker starts, this may not be as questionable as I thought. But do they have enough O weapons going forward?

2) I find it interesting that 3 of last year's class of QBs may all start on teams playing in the same division as the pats. Long term, that might make the case for a new division winner....someday! Especially The Jets, with Darnold, Bell, Mosley and now the highly touted Quinnen Williams together. Not this year, but I can see them making a move by next year. And I liked Buffalo's draft, adding the sought after Oliver and Ford, along with Singletary, who might become a starting RB at some point. As for Miami, Rosen's got a home now.

3) Seems like every year, lots of folks love what the pats did in the draft. This year is no different. Hey, I really like N'keal Harry at WR. I think he will be one of the best WRs from this draft class. But they added a number of potential starters, including Joejuan Williams, Winovich, Harris and Stidham....who D Jeremiah says, "throws the best ball" of all QBs in this draft. One thing BB does is mess with other GMs and support teams by keeping them guessing at what he is going to do in the draft. On the other hand, I find that some analysts praise every move he makes, even though it does not work out quite that good. In fact, I remember a 5 year study, back in his earlier days with the pats, when he was not ranked well with the drafts he had.

4) I keep raving about Indy of late, but I see a pattern developing in terms of successful roster moves. Quentin Nelson and Darius Leonard were home runs last year! This year I especially like Ya-Sin and Parris Campbell. Possibly another year of strong O and D upgrades. With Luck regaining his form, and a super Oline, this team should go deep.

5) The Jags might be back to 2017 form. If Foles plays like he can, this team should be a load. The first 2 picks could be pro bowlers at some point - Josh Allen and Jawaan Taylor. It will be imperative that they get Fournette to be the player he can be, and if so, I see this team making a major rebound (though his actions make me wonder).

6) I can't help but believe that San Fran will also jump way up the standings, with the return of Jimmy G and Jerick McKinnon, and the additions of Dee Ford, Tevin Coleman and a few others, as well as Bosa and Samuel....I see a team that could be dangerous.

7) Kudos to Mike Mayock and Gruden for drafting players with skill and character. Not necessarily The Raiders that many of us remember, in that regard. And yes, they will be a decent team, by '20.

8) Not a performance thing, but I love The Draft, with all its human stories. As with every year, this year again provided so many happy player/family moments...as well as beautiful "presenter" moments as well. Have to admit, my emotions get a bit sensitive when they show people who have overcome adversity, or will not let it be a factor in their everyday lives.

9) As for our Broncos..... Really happy with the offseason, especially the first 2 days of The Draft. I was clearly a Lock guy, and little did I suspect that we'd get him in such value terms. I believe he is the future, and I also believe it won't hurt that he may now have a bit of a chip on his shoulder. But a nice young man, who should bond well with all the other talented young men we have on this team - Lindsay, Freeman, Sutton, Hamilton, Fant, Risner, Chubb and so on. The nucleus of a potential SB winning team! Not to mention the improvement in the coaching staff, who will likely win games on decision-making alone, while making the most of the talent we have.

10) I will predict that, by next season, The AFC West will again be one of the stronger divisions in The NFL. Those 6 games between divisional opponents will be significant factors in terms of divisional and wild card aspirations. Coming off 2018/19, KC and The Chargers were strong. But we will be a force sooner than later, and even The Raiders, in Vegas, could be a decent team.

what say you?
    Seems go me like KC and the Chargers usually have a really good season but falls off the next season. I hope this season will repeat itself. I also have great faith in our current coaching staff. We will see how Flacco and our FA/Draft works out but I think good coaching will really help us.