View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Is Baph right once again, demonstrating his supreme knowledge of all things football?

    0 0%
  • Is Baph wrong and just being an idiot?

    8 80.00%
  • Hunter Henry > Noah Fant

    2 20.00%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 166
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,047
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    yes because there were holes in the middle of their defense which the pats exploited. they literally addressed all of that this off season.
    it was 38-7 in the 3rd quarter, your defense never laid a finger on brady, the pats scored a Td on 5 of their first six drives

    your entire defense was a big gaping hole that bringing in a aged 36 year old declining LB isn't going to fix
    Last edited by arapaho; 05-06-2019 at 10:39 AM.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,679
    Nah...ÖÖ.I think the Chargers will have a very good defense, but not top 5, not elite. A lot of good young teams at the top that barring injury should stay up there. Chargers are in a group that could break through, but there is a lot of competition to move up a few spots.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,060
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    it was 38-7 in the 3rd quarter, your defense never laid a finger on brady, the pats scored a Td on 5 of their first six drives

    your entire defense was a big gaping hole that bringing in a aged 36 year old declining LB isn't going to fix
    what about the best inside pass rusher in this years draft? any chance that could help? the chargers had no inside pass rush to disrupt brady, no healthy lb'ers, and a strong safety playing out of position getting burned all game long.

    all of those things have been addressed yet you only want to talk about one LB'er we added? never mind the fact that 3 of our best LB'ers are now healthy, including the best one we have denzel perryman. none of them played in the pats game.

    but yes, the only thing different is we brought in one LB'er........


    Welcome Back! #85

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,060
    Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    Nah...…….I think the Chargers will have a very good defense, but not top 5, not elite. A lot of good young teams at the top that barring injury should stay up there. Chargers are in a group that could break through, but there is a lot of competition to move up a few spots.
    oh? is that because the bears are one of them? let me just say that if the top two chargers draft picks this season play to their potential, that will be one of the most talented defenses in the entire NFL.

    the chargers defense was close last season. without a true single high safety (which is absolutely needed in the gus Bradley defense), with very little inside pass rush(which was key in the pats playoff loss), and without all of their LB'ers being healthy (first 3 out of their top 4 witht he 4th not even on the team anymore).

    i realize that all teams look to get better but like i said, that defense was already top 10 and talented and many people just don't realize how well those top two guys fit into that defense, assuming they don't crash and burn.


    Welcome Back! #85

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,583
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    oh? is that because the bears are one of them? let me just say that if the top two chargers draft picks this season play to their potential, that will be one of the most talented defenses in the entire NFL.

    the chargers defense was close last season. without a true single high safety (which is absolutely needed in the gus Bradley defense), with very little inside pass rush(which was key in the pats playoff loss), and without all of their LB'ers being healthy (first 3 out of their top 4 witht he 4th not even on the team anymore).

    i realize that all teams look to get better but like i said, that defense was already top 10 and talented and many people just don't realize how well those top two guys fit into that defense, assuming they don't crash and burn.
    Your last paragraph shows why this isnít a bold prediction.
    Change it to Chargers 1st and 2nd rd picks will be pro bowlers

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,060
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Wow!! What a paragraph to defend a not so bold prediction.
    Couldnít every player in the draft be a potential pro bowler, Philip Lindsay wasnít even drafted and made it last year.
    more lessons needed to be taught to a guy that will unfortunately never learn from them.

    yes, it's true every player drafted in the NFL "could potentially" end up a probowler. just like i "could potentially" end up a billionaire. but wouldn't you agree that a first round caliber player would be more likely to end up a probowler? especially if you look at the impact those players "game" could have on the defense?

    the potential of the best inside pass rusher in this years draft to complement bosa and ingram on the edge is very exiting and has a lot of "potential", compared to drafting a dude that is more raw, less athletic, and smaller.

    same could be said for the chargers drafting the best FS prospect in the draft in the second round. pairing him up with derwin james is just so damn sexy on paper. there is a lot more "potential" with that than if they drafted a less talented guy that didn't fit the system as well,

    I know this is falling on deaf ears and you will think all players have the same potential but maybe one day you will decide to actually read my posts and not just argue with me for the sake of arguing, while ending up looking so damn foolish like you always seem to do.

    Oh and sorry to break it to you but Denver beat the Chargers with Tebow, Siemien, and Keenum not just Peyton. And of course i included Peyton cause I used all of the QBs who played have started while Elway has ran the team.
    *Sorry I donít just live in the past two seasons like you ( Denver 2-2 be Bolts in that time, same as their record be Oakland but some how some way 0-4 vs KC despite Baphs logic that all division rivals split every year)
    this is so dumb, you don't even realize what i'm saying here and its painfully obvious. the chargers split with the broncos both in 2013 and 2014, are you saying those years the chargers were on the same level as the broncos because they split with them? or are you going back to the days when manning was the QB to say why you think the broncos are on the chargers level today? it has to be one of the other and either way that is a straight up idiotic argument.

    yeah, you don't live in the past two seasons at all, do you? you must think your team are still SB contenders based on what they did in 2015 with manning. i'm not replying to this dumb crap anymore, it's a literal waste of my time.

    Hey if you think moving up 4 or 5 spots in statistical rankings is Bold more power to you?
    something the chargers haven't done since 1992. at this point if i predicted the chargers would sweep the donks, it would be nowhere near as bold as the prediction i made. the broncos are one of the worst teams in the NFL currently, the chargers are one of the better teams in the NFL currently. to say they would sweep the donks is definitely not a bold prediction in my book.


    Welcome Back! #85

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,060
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Your last paragraph shows why this isn’t a bold prediction.
    Change it to Chargers 1st and 2nd rd picks will be pro bowlers
    you genuinely sound more sold on them being elite than i do

    saying those top two guys won't be pro bowlers at some point, given the system they play in would be much more bold. these guys are top in the draft at what they do and it's two things the chargers defense need badly.


    Welcome Back! #85

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,917
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    what about the best inside pass rusher in this years draft? any chance that could help? the chargers had no inside pass rush to disrupt brady, no healthy lb'ers, and a strong safety playing out of position getting burned all game long.

    all of those things have been addressed yet you only want to talk about one LB'er we added? never mind the fact that 3 of our best LB'ers are now healthy, including the best one we have denzel perryman. none of them played in the pats game.

    but yes, the only thing different is we brought in one LB'er........
    At 6/6 how is Tillery going to get low enough to win the one on one match ups or even become an all around player against the run?

    Taller DTs like Malik Jackson or John Henderson won their battles and double teams through brute force and strength.

    Is Tillery on their level, I just donít see that happening YET.

    Being taller than my competition in the past, I hated when shorter stocky players would get under my shoulders.

    I always felt like Iíd kick their carcass all over the field but you gotta realize these shorter beefer guys can hault you in your tracks if you donít have the speed or strength to stomp their shorter frames...

    Hence why I have so much faith in Dreímont Jones right now. I think heíll be a better pass rusher in the NFL than Tillery but only time will tell.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-07-2019 at 05:13 PM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    At 6/6 how is Tillery going to get low enough to win the one on one match ups or even become an all around player against the run?

    Taller DTs like Malik Jackson or John Henderson won their battles and double teams through brute force and strength.

    Is Tillery on their level, I just don’t see that happening YET.

    Being taller than my competition in the past, I hated when shorter stocky players would get under my shoulders.

    I always felt like I’d kick their carcass all over the field but you gotta realize these shorter beefer guys can hault you in your tracks if you don’t have the speed or strength to stomp their shorter frames...

    Hence why I have so much faith in Dre’mont Jones right now. I think he’ll be a better pass rusher in the NFL than Tillery but only time will tell.
    a better comparison is chris jones who is 6'6 310 and he has done well for himself.

    but you're talking the running game, which isnt why they drafted him. he was actually pretty good with leverage from the film ive seen, inconsistent though. he will need to develop that part of his game and will likely just be in in pass rushing downs at first. while it's true being tall may cause him problems in the running game, in the passing game it will be a huge asset.

    having size and speed at that position with his long arms helped him be an elite inside pass rusher in college and i look for that to transition well to the NFL.


    Welcome Back! #85

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,917
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    a better comparison is chris jones who is 6'6 310 and he has done well for himself.

    but you're talking the running game, which isnt why they drafted him. he was actually pretty good with leverage from the film ive seen, inconsistent though. he will need to develop that part of his game and will likely just be in in pass rushing downs at first. while it's true being tall may cause him problems in the running game, in the passing game it will be a huge asset.

    having size and speed at that position with his long arms helped him be an elite inside pass rusher in college and i look for that to transition well to the NFL.
    The longer arms will make a huge difference in leverage but weíll see about the rest.

    Ppl have trouble accepting that Elvis Dumervil was so good due to those long arms and being so much shorter in order to control the movement of his competition.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,583
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    this is so dumb, you don't even realize what i'm saying here and its painfully obvious. the chargers split with the broncos both in 2013 and 2014, are you saying those years the chargers were on the same level as the broncos because they split with them? or are you going back to the days when manning was the QB to say why you think the broncos are on the chargers level today? it has to be one of the other and either way that is a straight up idiotic argument.
    2013 the broncos split with the Chargers who were a playoff team that Denver beat in the divisional round
    2014 Denver swept the Broncos just like they did in 2012 and 2015.
    When Denver was a playoff contending team they went 9-2 ( including playoff win vs Bolts)
    Thatís not splitting games. Chiefs are 6-0 the last 3 years vs Denver but went 2-8 vs the Broncos from 2011-2015.
    Move on you are wrong on this one.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,060
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    2013 the broncos split with the Chargers who were a playoff team that Denver beat in the divisional round
    2014 Denver swept the Broncos just like they did in 2012 and 2015.
    When Denver was a playoff contending team they went 9-2 ( including playoff win vs Bolts)
    That’s not splitting games. Chiefs are 6-0 the last 3 years vs Denver but went 2-8 vs the Broncos from 2011-2015.
    Move on you are wrong on this one.
    i'm not wrong at all LOL

    in 1997 the broncos split with the 4 win raiders. how can a 4 win team be on the same level as a SB champion team?
    the broncos lost to the 7-9 raiders in 2015 the year they won the superbowl.
    they lost to the 8-8 colts in 2015 as well.

    THIS IS WHY I BROUGHT UP THE DOLPHINS SPLITTING WITH THE PATS ALMOST EVERY YEAR RECENTLY. THE DOLPHINS MOST DEFINITELY ARE NOT ON THE SAME LEVEL AS THE PATRIOTS.

    these are just a few examples........inter-divisional games are different, bad teams like the raiders beating the broncos at their best isn't proof that the raiders were as good as the broncos that year. it's sad that you cannot grasp this basic concept, shocking really.

    making the argument that the broncos record against the chargers over the past 5 years is irrelevant to this discussion. we are talking about right now, as in me claiming it would not be a bold prediction that the chargers would sweep the donks THIS YEAR.....not 5 years ago.

    it's a fact i'm right, its not even an opinion, it literally happens every single season in the NFL LOL


    I mean do you even think before you post? seriously bro, i'm embarrassed for you.
    Last edited by baphamet; 05-08-2019 at 01:41 AM.


    Welcome Back! #85

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    The longer arms will make a huge difference in leverage but we’ll see about the rest.

    Ppl have trouble accepting that Elvis Dumervil was so good due to those long arms and being so much shorter in order to control the movement of his competition.
    I will add that he won't be getting anywhere near as many double teams as he got at ND. he's going to get a lot of 1 on 1 match-up's, especially if he is just out there on passing downs at first. he's more likely to see more double teams on running downs.


    Welcome Back! #85

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,583
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i'm not wrong at all LOL

    in 1997 the broncos split with the 4 win raiders. how can a 4 win team be on the same level as a SB champion team?
    the broncos lost to the 7-9 raiders in 2015 the year they won the superbowl.
    they lost to the 8-8 colts in 2015 as well.

    THIS IS WHY I BROUGHT UP THE DOLPHINS SPLITTING WITH THE PATS ALMOST EVERY YEAR RECENTLY. THE DOLPHINS MOST DEFINITELY ARE NOT ON THE SAME LEVEL AS THE PATRIOTS.

    these are just a few examples........inter-divisional games are different, bad teams like the raiders beating the broncos at their best isn't proof that the raiders were as good as the broncos that year. it's sad that you cannot grasp this basic concept, shocking really.

    making the argument that the broncos record against the chargers over the past 5 years is irrelevant to this discussion. we are talking about right now, as in me claiming it would not be a bold prediction that the chargers would sweep the donks THIS YEAR.....not 5 years ago.

    it's a fact i'm right, its not even an opinion, it literally happens every single season in the NFL LOL


    I mean do you even think before you post? seriously bro, i'm embarrassed for you.
    When you say division rivals almost always split and then I show you thatís not true with facts like Denver going 9-2 vs the Bolts then yes that completely crushes your argument.

    You were the one who pointed to 2013 & 2014 ( Denver 4-1 vs the Chargers those two seasons)
    Your said the 2014 Broncos split....... the lie detector test determined that was a lie.

    Now your going all the way back to 1997 lol!!!!
    Did Denver split with Oakland in 1995?, 1996? What about 98? Nope Elways last window the Broncos dominated Oakland 7-1 over 4 years.
    Beating a better team in your division once out of 8 games is not a split.....😉

    The Broncos have split with the Chargers in 2016&17 with Mclovin aka Siemien and last year with Keenum. 3-3. That is nothing like Denver vs Oakland in the late 90ís, fail!!!!

    The original argument before you began your spin session was me asking you if the Bolts and their top 5 defense would finally sweep the Broncos, now itís turned into Baphs going to other divisions and way back into time trying to sound smart instead of just accepting defeat.

    Maybe with your teams two sure fire pro bowl additions in the draft you guys will sweep us for a change, with Flacco i doubt you have us even wining a game right?
    Last edited by 58Miller; 05-08-2019 at 05:54 AM.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    oh? is that because the bears are one of them? let me just say that if the top two chargers draft picks this season play to their potential, that will be one of the most talented defenses in the entire NFL.

    the chargers defense was close last season. without a true single high safety (which is absolutely needed in the gus Bradley defense), with very little inside pass rush(which was key in the pats playoff loss), and without all of their LB'ers being healthy (first 3 out of their top 4 witht he 4th not even on the team anymore).

    i realize that all teams look to get better but like i said, that defense was already top 10 and talented and many people just don't realize how well those top two guys fit into that defense, assuming they don't crash and burn.
    See that is the problem...….you are counting on rookies to get your defense to the next level THIS year. You are counting on guys who have not yet taken a pro snap to play at a very high level. I don't think that is reality at all.


    Since you brought up the Bears, they were a top 10 defense in 2017 with top talent in Hicks, Goldman, Floyd,Fuller, Jackson. Bears did not become an elite defense until they traded for Mack. Who is your Mack?


    Are the Chargers in any better shape than say the Titans who also added to their DL and secondary? If you want a BOLD prediction how about a healthy Eagles defense getting back to 2017 form.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •