View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Is Baph right once again, demonstrating his supreme knowledge of all things football?

0 0%
  • Is Baph wrong and just being an idiot?

8 80.00%
  • Hunter Henry > Noah Fant

2 20.00%
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

BOLT PREDICTION: 2019 Edition

this one is simple......the chargers will have a top 5 elite defense in 2019 both in terms of yards given up per game and scoring.

the chargers already had talent on their defense but it did have some weakness that the chargers have addressed this past off season.

they addressed their LB'er depth by bringing in tomas davis and adding more depth through the draft, as well as locking up denzel perryman long term.

they addressed their lack of inside pass rush by drafting jerry tillery in the first round

the chargers already had depth, they just need a big time play maker in the middle of the DL like tillery was in college. if his game translates, that DL will be nasty.

they drafted weddle's true replacement in nas adderley who fits gus bradley's system as a single high safety perfectly. IF his production translates, with james at SS.....that has potential to become the best safety tandem in the NFL in a few years.

I think the odds of tillery and adderley working out as potential pro bowl caliber players is definitely high due to the talent that surrounds them, this defense has elite written all over it.

We get it, you're excited about the Chargers D,
    but they're going to need one sans Rivers.
    (See: Broncos after Elway.)

More importantly,
    When do you think they'll be good enough to win
    the Chargers a Super Bowl?

(See: Denver's Super Bowl Winning Defense.)
    Last edited by mozzerpete; 04-29-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Another lame thread from the most boring Charger troll that for some reason lives on the Bronco forum. Wouldn't it be much more interesting to you to have this thread on the Charger forum or would that be even more boring. Why do you think Broncos fans care about the Chargers for any reason?
    Utah Bronco Freak

Well,

I like tacos but that wasn’t an option here.

How about I concede your defence will be good?
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Pats took care of the Chargers D last year lol

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    Another lame thread from the most boring Charger troll that for some reason lives on the Bronco forum. Wouldn't it be much more interesting to you to have this thread on the Charger forum or would that be even more boring. Why do you think Broncos fans care about the Chargers for any reason?

don't you have anything ignorant to bring to the discussion like usual? or is it just whining now?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Pats took care of the Chargers D last year lol
    yes because there were holes in the middle of their defense which the pats exploited. they literally addressed all of that this off season.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post

How about I concede your defence will be good?
    you mean you're not going to whine about me making a smack thread about the chargers in the smack forum? way to go against the grain EM!

i have a bold prediction for ya bap...the chefs will take a big step back this year & likely miss the playoffs, way too much turnover on defense & no way in hell mahomy will duplicate last season...oh yeah there is also the tyreek hill thing gonna bite them.

also at some point baps will have an injury excuse...wait that's not bold ha ha!

Bold prediction..............

Chiefs will only muster between 7 & 9 wins at the most. Mahomes won't duplicate last year and teams have a full year of tape to make some changes. Hill gone hurts. Defense took a step backwards, not forwards. Running game will be mediocre.

Chargers will lose week 1 against a tough Colts team but will go on a 6 game tear but slow a bit to be 8-3 at the bye. After the bye they will only must 2 wins to finish 10-6 but win the AFC West. Rivers will be in the MVP talk up to the bye week but father time will slow him down to close the season.

Denver will surprise the doubters with a controlled steady offense and the defense will be back to their nasty form to finish 10-6 and get a wildcard birth. Von Miller will come just shy of 20 sacks on the season with 18 and be in the MVP conversation. Lindsey will have 1800 all purpose yards and Noah Fant will be the next great TE with over 1,000 receiving yards and 11 TD's. This will merit him a chance at ROY....

Raiders will continue to Raider winning 5 games on the year. There will be some improvement all around but the offense doesn't muster enough to score points. Carr will lead the league in INT's and Gruden will finally move on in the Off-season with a new QB to lead them into Vegas, where 15 players will miss 4 games to open the 2020 season being there's just too many things that can get them in trouble in "sin-city".

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    i have a bold prediction for ya bap...the chefs will take a big step back this year & likely miss the playoffs, way too much turnover on defense & no way in hell mahomy will duplicate last season...oh yeah there is also the tyreek hill thing gonna bite them.

also at some point baps will have an injury excuse...wait that's not bold ha ha!
    the chargers went on a 3 year ride through Injury hell that no other team had to endure during that span, so i mentioned those injuries being a big part of the reasoning behind their struggles. the last two years have been better and no mention of injuries, so i'm thinking that actually is a bold prediction.

I was actually pretty spot on with those "excuses" because they went from being decimated and only winning 5 games as well as losing to the historically bad browns team. to being considered one of the more talented teams in the NFL virtually over night.

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why.

I like both of your predictions about the chiefs but even if reek gets thrown to the dogs i think that offense will still be potent. but yeah, saying mahomes will fall back to earth isn't really bold, it's pretty much inevitable in my mind.

i do think the broncos will be improved this season and be more competitive in the division but it will depend on the play of JF as well as depend how improved that OL actually is.

yeah raiders will likely still be bad, they are a couple years away at least IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    yes because there were holes in the middle of their defense which the pats exploited. they literally addressed all of that this off season.
    The biggest hole in that game was the Chargers defensive game plan. They used 7 DBs constantly against Baltimore to match Jackson's speed and bottle him up, worked to perfection, great game plan. They went against the Patriots and once again heavily used 7 DBs against a team that will take what you give them and exploit matchups.

Whether they were weak at LB or not, using that game plan against the Pats was just a stupid thing to do. Which is why they gave up more first downs than they had plays (24 to 23) in the first half, along with 367 yards and trailed 35-7 at the half.

Whether the Chargers rank top 5 in defense in the regular season or not, they won't go anywhere in the playoffs without more innovation (such as a new game plan) from Gus Bradley. The biggest improvement the Chargers can make this year is making their scheme more versatile, playing more coverages (they're a heavy cover 3 team) and giving the opposition more things to see post snap. They've got some good pieces there, but it'll be wasted without some serious evolution from their DC.

So does this prediction mean the Chargers will finally sweep the Broncos and not go 1-1 vs a team ran by John Elway?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The biggest hole in that game was the Chargers defensive game plan. They used 7 DBs constantly against Baltimore to match Jackson's speed and bottle him up, worked to perfection, great game plan. They went against the Patriots and once again heavily used 7 DBs against a team that will take what you give them and exploit matchups.

Whether they were weak at LB or not, using that game plan against the Pats was just a stupid thing to do. Which is why they gave up more first downs than they had plays (24 to 23) in the first half, along with 367 yards and trailed 35-7 at the half.

Whether the Chargers rank top 5 in defense in the regular season or not, they won't go anywhere in the playoffs without more innovation (such as a new game plan) from Gus Bradley. The biggest improvement the Chargers can make this year is making their scheme more versatile, playing more coverages (they're a heavy cover 3 team) and giving the opposition more things to see post snap. They've got some good pieces there, but it'll be wasted without some serious evolution from their DC.

the chargers literally had nobody healthy at LB'er. yes they played too much zone but they had no inside pass rush to disrupt brady (the same thing you need to disrupt rivers)

the gus bradley defense doesn't need innovation. it didn't need innovation in Seattle, it doesn't need innovation in Jacksonville, and it doesn't need innovation in LA either.

his mistake was playing too much zone and not adjusting, as well as not having even one healthy LB'er except for pure scrubs. if you want to say he got out coached in that game i won't argue with you but making concept changes to his defense isn't the answer. the defense works well as is.
    Last edited by baphamet; 05-01-2019 at 07:43 PM.