View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Is Baph right once again, demonstrating his supreme knowledge of all things football?

    0 0%
  • Is Baph wrong and just being an idiot?

    8 80.00%
  • Hunter Henry > Noah Fant

    2 20.00%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 166
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,060
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    So does this prediction mean the Chargers will finally sweep the Broncos and not go 1-1 vs a team ran by John Elway?
    good teams lose to bad teams every single year. the pats split with the dolphins almost every season, that doesn't mean the dolphins are on the same level as the pats.


    Welcome Back! #85

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,583
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    good teams lose to bad teams every single year. the pats split with the dolphins almost every season, that doesn't mean the dolphins are on the same level as the pats.
    So your defense will be good but you dont know if they can beat Joe Flacco twice 🤔
    .......Let’s change Bold to I don’t know, Timid!!!!
    Unadventurous!!!!
    Cowardly!!
    Weak!
    Spineless!!!!!!!

    Your team went to the playoffs last year, KC no longer has Hunt and probably won’t have Tyreek, and your going way out on the limb and saying your d will be really good.......
    Look up the word Bold and get back to us 👍

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,046
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    the chargers literally had nobody healthy at LB'er. yes they played too much zone but they had no inside pass rush to disrupt brady (the same thing you need to disrupt rivers)

    the gus bradley defense doesn't need innovation. it didn't need innovation in Seattle, it doesn't need innovation in Jacksonville, and it doesn't need innovation in LA either.

    his mistake was playing too much zone and not adjusting, as well as not having even one healthy LB'er except for pure scrubs. if you want to say he got out coached in that game i won't argue with you but making concept changes to his defense isn't the answer. the defense works well as is.
    He's always been a zone guy. In Seattle they played almost exclusively cover 3 press. They have they free safety high, and the corners play press on the receivers and match the receivers vertical stem, but play cover 3 once the receiver breaks. But he also had a pass rush. In Jacksonville same thing. With San Angeles (and I admittedly didn't watch all of every game) but it seemed more cover 3 without the press.

    The changes that need to be made to the defense don't have to be whole sale, but he needs to be able to mix more coverages. There are lots of little adjustments he can make which change coverage but still give similar looks. Playing cover 3 press you can easily change between cover 3 press and cover 1 press, if the receivers are running vertical routes the defense will be cover 1 anyways. You can align in your regular cover 3 press setup and drop the strong safety late and play cover 2 press, which would actually be a pretty good look to mix in. Mix in some Tampa 2, which again you can run from that cover 3 press look.

    The biggest thing against QBs like Brady, Roethlisberger and Mahomes (small sample size) is confusing them by changing coverages from play to play. Never show a consistent look and never be scared to change it up.

    But yes you do need to get pass rush as well, and obviously it's better if you can get it from 4 rushers. We'll see if they fixed that? As for the LBs do you believe Perryman can stay healthy for an entire season?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,060
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    So your defense will be good but you dont know if they can beat Joe Flacco twice ��
    .......Let’s change Bold to I don’t know, Timid!!!!
    Unadventurous!!!!
    Cowardly!!
    Weak!
    Spineless!!!!!!!

    Your team went to the playoffs last year, KC no longer has Hunt and probably won’t have Tyreek, and your going way out on the limb and saying your d will be really good.......
    Look up the word Bold and get back to us ��
    did you not read the post you just quoted? how come the patriots almost always split with the dolphins? answer that question and then we might be able to continue this "debate"


    Welcome Back! #85

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    He's always been a zone guy. In Seattle they played almost exclusively cover 3 press. They have they free safety high, and the corners play press on the receivers and match the receivers vertical stem, but play cover 3 once the receiver breaks. But he also had a pass rush. In Jacksonville same thing. With San Angeles (and I admittedly didn't watch all of every game) but it seemed more cover 3 without the press.


    The changes that need to be made to the defense don't have to be whole sale, but he needs to be able to mix more coverages. There are lots of little adjustments he can make which change coverage but still give similar looks. Playing cover 3 press you can easily change between cover 3 press and cover 1 press, if the receivers are running vertical routes the defense will be cover 1 anyways. You can align in your regular cover 3 press setup and drop the strong safety late and play cover 2 press, which would actually be a pretty good look to mix in. Mix in some Tampa 2, which again you can run from that cover 3 press look.

    The biggest thing against QBs like Brady, Roethlisberger and Mahomes (small sample size) is confusing them by changing coverages from play to play. Never show a consistent look and never be scared to change it up.

    But yes you do need to get pass rush as well, and obviously it's better if you can get it from 4 rushers. We'll see if they fixed that? As for the LBs do you believe Perryman can stay healthy for an entire season?
    that is a good way of doing things, another way is to be really good at what you do and dare people to outplay you. dudes were being left wide open in that game, they can adjust that without changing their identity. if it was as simple as what people are making it seem, team's would be lighting up our defense every game.

    teams make minor adjustments every single year, all teams. i'm sure they know they made mistakes from a coaching standpoint in that game. if the chargers continue to get gashed like that, we will know they didn't get it fixed. but something tells me that kind of exploitation where guys continue to be left wide open wouldn't happen again.

    the offense is another story though, the chargers biggest question mark on their team remains OL. they did next to nothing to shore up the right side of their line other than take a project tackle in the 3rd round. i'm concerned with that OL, the two best players are getting older too.

    that said overall the rest of the team is in a pretty good spot currently, if at least the top two rookies work out okay.

    oh and no i don't have confidence DP can stay healthy. he is by far our best LB'er and one of our key run stoppers, though. other than the newly acquired Thomas Davis maybe.
    Last edited by baphamet; 05-02-2019 at 12:31 AM.


    Welcome Back! #85

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,583
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    did you not read the post you just quoted? how come the patriots almost always split with the dolphins? answer that question and then we might be able to continue this "debate"
    Their is no debate, you said you were making a bold prediction but failed, and now your bringing up other teams.

    BTW: The Patriots are 13-7 vs the Dolphins the last ten seasons, is that almost always a split?
    Tom Brady 22-11 all time vs Miami 🤔
    Last edited by 58Miller; 05-02-2019 at 09:34 AM.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Their is no debate, you said you were making a bold prediction but failed, and now your bringing up other teams.

    BTW: The Patriots are 13-7 vs the Dolphins the last ten seasons, is that almost always a split?
    Tom Brady 22-11 all time vs Miami 🤔
    I'm guessing Baph was speaking of their games played in Miami where TB is 7-10.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    I'm guessing Baph was speaking of their games played in Miami where TB is 7-10.
    This is what Baphs does:
    1. He says Flacco is trash the broncos are trash
    2. He views the Chargers draft as two additional Pro Bowlers
    3. The Bolts will be a top 5 defense

    - All that said he isn’t bold enough to say they will sweep the Broncos

    Instead he turns it into a Dolphins vs Patriots debate, trying to excuse his teams failures against John Elway’s Broncos.

    Chargers are 5-12 vs Denver since Elway took over ( including a playoff loss).

    Back to the topic of the thread:
    Saying the Chargers will be a top 5 defense is not a Bold Prediction!!!!!!!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,901
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    This is what Baphs does:
    1. He says Flacco is trash the broncos are trash
    2. He views the Chargers draft as two additional Pro Bowlers
    3. The Bolts will be a top 5 defense

    - All that said he isn’t bold enough to say they will sweep the Broncos

    Instead he turns it into a Dolphins vs Patriots debate, trying to excuse his teams failures against John Elway’s Broncos.

    Chargers are 5-12 vs Denver since Elway took over ( including a playoff loss).

    Back to the topic of the thread:
    Saying the Chargers will be a top 5 defense is not a Bold Prediction!!!!!!!
    It’s not a bolD prediction but a bolT prediction. In other words, a lot of bravado followed up by a season of failure...

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,060
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Their is no debate, you said you were making a bold prediction but failed, and now your bringing up other teams.

    BTW: The Patriots are 13-7 vs the Dolphins the last ten seasons, is that almost always a split?
    Tom Brady 22-11 all time vs Miami ��
    my "BOLT" prediction is the chargers defense would be a top 5 elite squad this year in terms of yards given up per game and scoring. if you ever actually read the posts your quote you would know this.

    also, the dolphins have split with the patriots the following seasons recently.

    2018
    2017
    2015
    2013

    according to your logic the dolphins have been on the pats level all of those years and everyone knows that is a load of crap. the fact that you are mentioning their all time head to head record really goes to show how clueless you are. that's about as irrelevant of an argument you could have possibly made.

    again, bad teams beat great teams every single year. if you don't agree with that you need you need to watch a lot more football and open your mouth much less.


    Welcome Back! #85

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,060
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    It’s not a bolD prediction but a bolT prediction. In other words, a lot of bravado followed up by a season of failure...
    we shall see dude. you got our number so you can talk your trash but my "bravado" is based on an articulate and logical argument, not just mindless trolling like some around here are guilty of.


    Welcome Back! #85

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    I'm guessing Baph was speaking of their games played in Miami where TB is 7-10.
    yeah and all of those years the pats were clearly the better team, which was my point.


    Welcome Back! #85

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,060
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    This is what Baphs does:
    1. He says Flacco is trash the broncos are trash
    2. He views the Chargers draft as two additional Pro Bowlers
    3. The Bolts will be a top 5 defense
    1. flacco is trash, absolutely.
    2. i said "potential" pro bowlers. learn to freakin read dude.
    3. yeah, and?

    the chargers were 9th in the league in yards per game and 8th in scoring in 2018. the chargers haven't been top 5 in both categories on defense since 1992 and yet that's not a bold prediction?

    - All that said he isn’t bold enough to say they will sweep the Broncos
    yes because i already explained why and you are incapable of comprehending it. I think there is a good chance the chargers sweep the broncos, but then again it's a divisional game and it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't either. I would say the same exact thing about the raiders as well if that tells you anything,

    Instead he turns it into a Dolphins vs Patriots debate, trying to excuse his teams failures against John Elway’s Broncos.
    WRONG. I used it as an example as to why your logic fails miserably. you seem to think that if the broncos split with the chargers then that must mean they are equals. that logic is more than failed, it's idiotic and purely ignorant at best.

    Chargers are 5-12 vs Denver since Elway took over ( including a playoff loss).
    LOL so you're going back to when manning was the QB to explain why the broncos are as good as the chargers today? am i reading that correctly? your team is one of the worst in the league currently, they were the best team just 4 years ago and the chargers won only 5 games in 2016. things change dude, it's reasons like this i say explaining things to you is similar to explaining things to a 12 year old.

    Back to the topic of the thread:
    Saying the Chargers will be a top 5 defense is not a Bold Prediction!!!!!!!
    i said top 5 in both yards per game and scoring, something they haven't accomplished since 1992. i'm sorry if that's not bold enough for you.


    Welcome Back! #85

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,583
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    1. flacco is trash, absolutely.
    2. i said "potential" pro bowlers. learn to freakin read dude.
    3. yeah, and?

    the chargers were 9th in the league in yards per game and 8th in scoring in 2018. the chargers haven't been top 5 in both categories on defense since 1992 and yet that's not a bold prediction?



    yes because i already explained why and you are incapable of comprehending it. I think there is a good chance the chargers sweep the broncos, but then again it's a divisional game and it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't either. I would say the same exact thing about the raiders as well if that tells you anything,



    WRONG. I used it as an example as to why your logic fails miserably. you seem to think that if the broncos split with the chargers then that must mean they are equals. that logic is more than failed, it's idiotic and purely ignorant at best.



    LOL so you're going back to when manning was the QB to explain why the broncos are as good as the chargers today? am i reading that correctly? your team is one of the worst in the league currently, they were the best team just 4 years ago and the chargers won only 5 games in 2016. things change dude, it's reasons like this i say explaining things to you is similar to explaining things to a 12 year old.



    i said top 5 in both yards per game and scoring, something they haven't accomplished since 1992. i'm sorry if that's not bold enough for you.
    Wow!! What a paragraph to defend a not so bold prediction.
    Couldn’t every player in the draft be a potential pro bowler, Philip Lindsay wasn’t even drafted and made it last year.

    Oh and sorry to break it to you but Denver beat the Chargers with Tebow, Siemien, and Keenum not just Peyton. And of course i included Peyton cause I used all of the QBs who played have started while Elway has ran the team.
    *Sorry I don’t just live in the past two seasons like you ( Denver 2-2 be Bolts in that time, same as their record be Oakland but some how some way 0-4 vs KC despite Baphs logic that all division rivals split every year)

    Hey if you think moving up 4 or 5 spots in statistical rankings is Bold more power to you?
    Last edited by 58Miller; 05-03-2019 at 09:13 AM.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,484
    And you two were playing so nicely there for a bit......... Dang

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •