View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Is Baph right once again, demonstrating his supreme knowledge of all things football?

0 0%
  • Is Baph wrong and just being an idiot?

8 80.00%
  • Hunter Henry > Noah Fant

2 20.00%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    another thing i will add about the chargers drafting jerry tillery is ever since tom telesco took over as the GM the chargers have only been drafting character players, not one of them had character red flags prior to the draft that i can think of. for telesco to pull the trigger on him means that they felt pretty good about it. telesco also said that they pretty much knew all along that tillery would likely be there @28 and they would be targeting him, so they put a lot of work in scouting him and his red flags.

Welcome Back! #85

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    50+ sacks on the season is pretty bold....... Denver had 52 in 2015 with that beastly defense......

You may get 1 or maybe 2-3 teams that pass 50 per year now. Not like in the 80's when teams hit 70....
    yeah i agree its kind of a bold statement but if those guys stay relatively healthy and gus keeps using james the way he has, i can see it happening and think it will.

Welcome Back! #85

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    nah man, that dude had more pass rushing snaps than an interior lineman in football which inflated his pass rushing stats. he was good rushing the passer yes, not on the level of tillery and williams though. plus he is even worse against the run than tillery, he gets straight owned at the point of attack in the running game. tillery's ceiling is higher overall IMO but both may end up good pass rushers.

oh and i'm well aware of the red flags from his freshmen season, are you aware of how badly your man gets pushed around when not rushing the passer? your guy is like a poor mans tillery. smaller, weaker, and even worse against the run. but in the third it's a decent pick for you guys, no doubt.
    Dremont Jones won’t start over Wolfe or Gotsis (8th highest run stop pct. last season)
    Dremont will come in on passing downs and go after the Qb, like Bradley, Fangio knows a thing or two about defense ( can’t say the same about VJ and Woods who had Bradley’s Chubb and Von playing pass coverage 🤦*♂️)

that's pretty bold indeed. going to be hard to get that many opportunities when you're mediocre stopping the run and your guy isn't going top help you right away in that department, that's for sure.

care to have a sig bet which team ends up with more sacks? with a healthy bosa and ingram again, with the addition of tillery.......with a sprinkling of derwin james from time to time, i see a 50+ sack total season at minimum for the chargers.
    What are your terms and you saying you’ll only bet barring injury’s?

Injury should not matter, if you make a statement, you’ve got to stand by it injury or not.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-09-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    What are your terms and you saying you’ll only bet barring injury’s?

Injury should not matter, if you make a statement, you’ve got to stand by it injury or not.
    LOL read it again, I was saying with those guys relatively healthy i see 50 sacks at minimum. of course injuries would have nothing to do with a bet, that would be beyond lame.

terms would be whoever's team finishes with the most sacks gets to pick a sig of the their choosing that's football related. the loser would have to wear it immediately following the regular season until the first day of the 2020 NFL draft

the sig cannot be altered in any way.

Last edited by baphamet; 05-11-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Welcome Back! #85

in other nerws, imagine being the raiders and having to face the pass rush of the broncos, chiefs, and chargers twice a year?

we will probably be seeing more of this......

Welcome Back! #85

another thing i will add about the chargers drafting jerry tillery is ever since tom telesco took over as the GM the chargers have only been drafting character players, not one of them had character red flags prior to the draft that i can think of. for telesco to pull the trigger on him means that they felt pretty good about it. telesco also said that they pretty much knew all along that tillery would likely be there @28 and they would be targeting him, so they put a lot of work in scouting him and his red flags.
    Wow telescope knew the best interior pass rusher in the draft would be there at 28 ?

Sounds like your the only one who thought so highly of him

in other nerws, imagine being the raiders and having to face the pass rush of the broncos, chiefs, and chargers twice a year?

Carr be joining his brother on the cast of
    “ abused QBs “

Not only Carr but the rest of the QBs in AFC because the west is extremely strong.

I’m not worried for Flacco though because Risner pretty much locked down Sweat for an entire game and we all know what Leary can do when healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Not only Carr but the rest of the QBs in AFC because the west is extremely strong.

I’m not worried for Flacco though because Risner pretty much locked down Sweat for an entire game and we all know what Leary can do when healthy.
    Just hoping Bolles figures things out this year and I think we could have a pretty solid line.

Just hoping Bolles figures things out this year and I think we could have a pretty solid line.
    Munchak gonna earn is $ this year....

I want to have high hopes for him because we know that Elway won’t sign off on moving him to RT or Guard but anyway it’s hard to have faith in him when he continuously says stupid things.

He recently thanked John for finally getting him a “real left guard” in Dalton Risner.

Did he not realize the huge shot he was taking at Ron Leary when he said this?
    I understand if he’s trying to fire up a teammate but I don’t think you talk to Ron Leary in such a way.

I think Bolles is just a knuckle head that doesn’t know what’s going on. Sorry for saying but if football doesn’t work out for him, maybe he could go tag team with Brock Lesnar and allow Paul Heyman to do the talking for him to! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Wow telescope knew the best interior pass rusher in the draft would be there at 28 ?

Sounds like your the only one who thought so highly of him
    telesco also said that he was the last guy on his board with a true first round grade. just because he knew he would likely be there doesn't mean he doesn't think highly of him

he's not a complete player as i have already said numerous times. he does have red flags, he does have a lot of work to do to develop into an every down player.

from strictly a pass rushing perspective, telesco couldn't have done better at that position @28.

Welcome Back! #85

LOL read it again, I was saying with those guys relatively healthy i see 50 sacks at minimum. of course injuries would have nothing to do with a bet, that would be beyond lame.

terms would be whoever's team finishes with the most sacks gets to pick a sig of the others choosing that's football related. they would have to wear it immediately following the regular season until the first day of the 2020 NFL draft.

the sig cannot be altered in any way.

so Sam, considering you posted in this thread since i made this post, I take it you want no part of this bet? if you think miller/chubb have a chance to get 39+ sacks combined, this should be an easy win for you, shouldn't it?

Welcome Back! #85

so Sam, considering you posted in this thread since i made this post, I take it you want no part of this bet? if you think miller/chubb have a chance to get 39+ sacks combined, this should be an easy win for you, shouldn't it?
    How bout a sig bet which team has more sacks straight up?
    Last year Von had more than Bosa and Ingram combined, but with Tillery your claiming top 5 defense and 50 + sacks.