Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Danny And Malik are not on the roster still. Von is.

Von has had the most sacks in a Broncos uniform then any one. He is also a generational talent who was drafted on always first year. Yet he is not on that list. It makes me instantly throw it out. You can't include a list of he has drafted still on the team and not include von Miller. This list is just trying to paint things in a super negative light. If we don't draft Miller we don't have a super bowl
    I think Von Miller will be looked at as this generation as LT or Derrick Thomas. At this rate he keeps playing at this high of level for 3-4 more years he should be first ballot HOF.

Danny And Malik are not on the roster still. Von is.

Von has had the most sacks in a Broncos uniform then any one. He is also a generational talent who was drafted on always first year. Yet he is not on that list. It makes me instantly throw it out. You can't include a list of he has drafted still on the team and not include von Miller. This list is just trying to paint things in a super negative light. If we don't draft Miller we don't have a super bowl
    When Von Miller was drafted in 2011, there were raging arguments on this message board between those who thought it was a good pick and those who thought Elway was an idiot. It was such a fierce disagreement that some members were permanently banned, as I recall. Hindsight has shown who overreacted. Moderation in one's views and how to express them is underrated.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Last 2 drafts have certainly been encouraging. If he keeps this up we should be in good shape moving forward. Of course, a lot of this hinges on whether lock will be any good. Iím hoping Flacco plays well enough that we wonít have to find that out for a few years. I also think it will help Lock as well if that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    When Von Miller was drafted in 2011, there were raging arguments on this message board between those who thought it was a good pick and those who thought Elway was an idiot. It was such a fierce disagreement that some members were permanently banned, as I recall. Hindsight has shown who overreacted. Moderation in one's views and how to express them is underrated.
    Marcel Darius vs Von Miller.
    Itís clear Elway made the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Hey Samp. I believe there is a place for both extremes and a middle ground stance. Extremes without an open mind usually lead to anger or disrespect and this is where it gets ugly. Simply does nothing for our community.

But extremes spoken from respect and thoughtfulness can lead to an ultimate middle ground. That is what I like about these boards is the chance to find that "ultimate middle ground" from both sides of the story (or in some cases multiple sides coming from all kinds of directions).

It's rare to have all the knowledge and answers to come up with that "ultimate middle ground" as one individual. Although, you come as close as they get Samp!
    Last edited by MarshallMoss; 05-02-2019 at 08:57 AM.
    How did I get so lucky at 8 years old to pick the Broncos as my favourite NFL team and 35 years later have them be the most successful winning franchise since I picked them

Awe man...got choked up again. I didn't know Pat Bowlen when he hired John Elway as GM said:

(I'm paraphrasing)

maybe we can win another SuperBowl and you can say "this one's for Pat!"

You know what comes next in the video. Here is the link:

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...story-20622000
    How did I get so lucky at 8 years old to pick the Broncos as my favourite NFL team and 35 years later have them be the most successful winning franchise since I picked them

I have long since been a proponent of Elway is a great GM.

We are so lucky. This team, although we may lose from time to time... there's no question what the culture of this team is: we are capable and we are always focused on winning Championships. Elway made this a reality when we won again in 2015. It was no longer two decades since we won a 'ship.

He built a league leading offense and a league leading defense in the span on a few seasons...

He has got such a difficult job and he handles all the emotions, criticism and logistical with grace. He understands football and he understands business. Look at this Roster right now, on paper we are better since last season. We are flooded with young talent. We have a Superbowl MVP and get quarterbacking and leading the offense. We have proven top quality players on the defense and we've been perpetually a top 10 defense for YEARS, despite great turnover at the coaching positions...

There is one consistency with this team, it's been John Elway (and with Elway, we've gotten Miller time).

Now he just needs to get a deal done with Harris, which I think he will.
    Last edited by Zealander; 05-02-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    elways prime was from 93-97 but one could argue 85-90 he was a young stud just chucking the ball all over the place.
    1987 nfl mvp

Elway was a great GM when Denver had Manning. Elway has proven himself capable but the fact is in the NFL you need a QB. If Lock is the MAN than Elway will once again be considered a great GM.

Ever since jmd tore down shanny line and tried to rebuild it. It has been a mess.
    you understand JMD was responsible for drafting:

Moreno
    Ayers
    McBath
    Burton
    Walton
    Thomas
    Tebow
    Beadles
    Decker
    Cox

And if your feeling generous, his tank job got us Miller. I love me some Shanahan but the man couldnt draft. Lets give a little credit to Josh for some studs that got us our first playoff win since 2005 and a trip to the superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Elway in his drafts (excluding this year and last year) only has the following guys still on our team who HE DRAFTED:

- G.Bolles, LT(who has got to be on thin ice)
    - D.Booker, RB
    - A.Gotsis, DE
    - D.Wolfe, DE
    - J.Heuerman, TE
    - A. Jonovitch
    - B.Langley (might not be here after PS etc.)
    - C.McGovern
    - W.Parks
    - J.Simmons

Nearly ALL of them left at least are defensive players. Nearly ALL of our top lineman, WRs and or RBs either came form the two most recent drafts OR other teams. Furthermore our team opted to stick with Trevor S. even after he struggled mightily at the back-end of the 2016 season for the 2017 season. Our QB's as of late have NOT been great:
    - Brock
    - Trevor
    - Zac
    - Paxton
    - Case

Although my issues with Elway are not just who is left or why we've done things. It is even deeper than that. For example Bolles is not the best OT from his draft class yet we picked him 1st out of all of them. We have seen a thinning of CBs on our roster and seemingly not back-filled any of them....More over if I touch on the Qbs again we are seemingly chasing the same elusive prospect. A big armed tall pocket passer. Which is great....if we had a top OL or at least a truly respectable one. Running the ball is one thing but passing is another. Our line was unable to perform when passing....these are all things which fall on Elway and the others who were evaluating talent.

If we keep trying to do the same thing over and over again...and it doesn't work then we need to adapt and change....not just players but TYPES of players. IMO - it has taken Elway too long to adapt and even now he is showing that he hasn't fully bought into adapting fully.
    Elway put us in the super bowl, then went and won it.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    you understand JMD was responsible for drafting:

Moreno
    Ayers
    McBath
    Burton
    Walton
    Thomas
    Tebow
    Beadles
    Decker
    Cox

And if your feeling generous, his tank job got us Miller. I love me some Shanahan but the man couldnt draft. Lets give a little credit to Josh for some studs that got us our first playoff win since 2005 and a trip to the superbowl.
    DT was the only All Pro out of the whole bunch. Iím not sure why you think Josh was good at drafting. Those guys are all role players and special teamers.

John Elway puts his pants on the same way you and I and everyone else on this board does. What he has accomplished as a Denver Bronco is unparalleled and we are lucky to have him. To think that he should be ousted is totally illogical thinking.

John Elway is the best GM the Bronco's have ever had, and to have anybody else would be a total disgrace. Also SHAME ON YOU! if you really think he has not done is utter best to make the Bronco's the best team possible! I say if you don't like it go find another team.......

As the original poster said John Elway IS the man!!!!

GO BRONCO"S!!!
    GO BRONCO'S !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tbrendal View Post
    John Elway puts his pants on the same way you and I and everyone else on this board does. What he has accomplished as a Denver Bronco is unparalleled and we are lucky to have him. To think that he should be ousted is totally illogical thinking.

John Elway is the best GM the Bronco's have ever had, and to have anybody else would be a total disgrace. Also SHAME ON YOU! if you really think he has not done is utter best to make the Bronco's the best team possible! I say if you don't like it go find another team.......

As the original poster said John Elway IS the man!!!!

GO BRONCO"S!!!
    Iíve been extremely critical of some of the choices that John has made. Thereís no secret there but anyway I am very satisfied with the moves heís made in free agency this far and the last two draft classes.

I think Drew Lock will eventually be a home run, especially with Philip Lindsay. People need to realize that Johnís position is not an easy one.

Quote Originally Posted by MH Stampede View Post
    Elway put us in the super bowl, then went and won it.
    Yes and in the years leading to that SB victory we had such piss poor drafts that we're still paying for it now. On top of that there was clearly no plan B after Peyton left. I'd argue that is also Elways job.

Remember his presser "win now and in the future"

I will say the past two drafts we've done pretty well. The damage has been done though. We had higher priced FAs which ate cap space and they declined to early. I believe next season we are finally in a cap relief year. We can truly look to retool and rebuild with some FAs and the draft combined.