Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46

Thread: Darron Lee

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,489
    There are some Telvin Smith rumors floating around. Would cost us more but might be worth it. Still doubt he gets traded.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Clinton, MD (via Wash., DC)
    Posts
    2,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    There are some Telvin Smith rumors floating around. Would cost us more but might be worth it. Still doubt he gets traded.

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...says-play-2019

    Jaguars' LB Smith says he won't play in 2019

    Jacksonville Jaguars linebacker Telvin Smith announced on Instagram on Thursday that he will not play football in 2019.

    Smith has led the Jaguars in tackles each of the past two seasons. He had 134 tackles last season.


    ------------------------------------------

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...otball-in-2019

    Jags LB Telvin Smith says he won't play football in 2019

    Telvin Smith did not show up to the Jacksonville Jaguars' voluntary offseason workout program last week. It looks like he won't show up for the rest of the season.

    The Jaguars linebacker said on Instagram on Thursday that he is taking "time away from" football and will not play during the 2019 season.


    Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...says-play-2019

    Jaguars' LB Smith says he won't play in 2019

    Jacksonville Jaguars linebacker Telvin Smith announced on Instagram on Thursday that he will not play football in 2019.

    Smith has led the Jaguars in tackles each of the past two seasons. He had 134 tackles last season.


    ------------------------------------------

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...otball-in-2019

    Jags LB Telvin Smith says he won't play football in 2019

    Telvin Smith did not show up to the Jacksonville Jaguars' voluntary offseason workout program last week. It looks like he won't show up for the rest of the season.

    The Jaguars linebacker said on Instagram on Thursday that he is taking "time away from" football and will not play during the 2019 season.
    Yelp, I saw

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...says-play-2019

    Jaguars' LB Smith says he won't play in 2019

    Jacksonville Jaguars linebacker Telvin Smith announced on Instagram on Thursday that he will not play football in 2019.

    Smith has led the Jaguars in tackles each of the past two seasons. He had 134 tackles last season.


    ------------------------------------------

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...otball-in-2019

    Jags LB Telvin Smith says he won't play football in 2019

    Telvin Smith did not show up to the Jacksonville Jaguars' voluntary offseason workout program last week. It looks like he won't show up for the rest of the season.

    The Jaguars linebacker said on Instagram on Thursday that he is taking "time away from" football and will not play during the 2019 season.
    Kind of crazy heís willing to give up a years pay and then some. He wonít have the luxury of playing forever.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    15,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Kind of crazy heís willing to give up a years pay and then some. He wonít have the luxury of playing forever.
    He plays one of the most violent positions in a very violent sport. Some guys are smart enough to not spend everything the make and stop before the toll on their body is life altering

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    146
    Going to Chiefs for a 2020 6th rounder

    http://bleacherreport.com/post/new-y...f-77a1feaeff30
    Last edited by DN1218; 05-15-2019 at 06:06 PM.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,875
    Quote Originally Posted by DN1218 View Post
    Going to Chiefs for a 2020 6th rounder

    http://bleacherreport.com/post/new-y...f-77a1feaeff30
    They mustíve seen the reports on Butt and Fant yesterday

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    8,626
    Would have thought we could afford a 6th round pick for him, even if for a one year rental.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vernon, British Columbia
    Posts
    1,081
    Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    The Jets themselves took Cashman in the 5th to replace Lee. So his value should be a 5th at best. More like a 6th as his value is lower than Cashman. They set their own bar with that pick in my opinion.
    The GM lost his job and this is one reason why. Needed to move Lee before drafting his replacement in the 5th.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,033
    Going to the Chefs? Does he have some domestic issues I don't know about? That seems to be a prerequisite for Andy Reid to want any player on the team.

    Should be fun watching the DC who's had some historically bad defences in his recent history try to patchwork together a defence for a team that's known for it's lack of defense.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vernon, British Columbia
    Posts
    1,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Going to the Chefs? Does he have some domestic issues I don't know about? That seems to be a prerequisite for Andy Reid to want any player on the team.

    Should be fun watching the DC who's had some historically bad defences in his recent history try to patchwork together a defence for a team that's known for it's lack of defense.
    5th best in coverage, weaker against the run. We just need to get 5 yards a carry. This was a good get for them to counter Fant.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,033
    Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    5th best in coverage, weaker against the run. We just need to get 5 yards a carry. This was a good get for them to counter Fant.
    Jets fans are excited that he's gone. According to them he played soft, couldn't diagnose and often filled the wrong gaps and while decent in coverage was n't nearly good enough to make up for his shortcomings.

    I also question the 5th in coverage because I assume it's from PFF, and their rankings are often questionable. I have two Broncos specific issues with their rankings, both where they had Broncos players way higher than their play.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,079
    Also to note... Gase hates us.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,033
    I was just reading a NY Paper talking about the Jets D back in December, they had PFF grading him as an 83.0 in coverage, but it should be noted he gave up completions on 76% of the passes thrown his way but held them to 9.3 yards per catch.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,033
    Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    Also to note... Gase hates us.
    Because someone in the Broncos organization ended up telling the Dolphins what turned out to be correct. And now he's also the GM in New York? I'm not sure this ends well. I wouldn't be shocked if they've got a new regime and coach in 2020.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •