• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyousukeneko
    Football Immortal
    • May 2010

looking ahead to the 2020 draft

QB and WR seems loaded.

right now i am really liking this WR class. between Laviska Shenault Jr. and Jerry Judie. there are 2 ligit number 1 WR targets. and the QB class as discussed before looks deep to me to. any people to watch for 2020?
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait
  • the0rangecrush
    Captain
    • Apr 2009

Albert Okwuegbunam TE from Missouri. With Butt and Heurman being oft injured and not productive, I wouldnt be shocked to see us dip at TE again next year. Pair Lock with his biggest former college target. Would give us a lot of 2TE possibilities for Scangarello.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• the0rangecrush
      Captain
      • Apr 2009

Dylan Moses might be the LB to finally break the trend of not taking Bama players.

Tee Higgins is another legit top WR.

RB is loaded as well.

Stanford has an OT that is highly graded, so I know Elway will have a lot of Stanford ties.
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
        Football Immortal
        • May 2010

i hope elway is putting a target on Shenault though. local cu kid, and the guy is dynamic. he can run past you around you or through you. he is 6'2 220. runs after the catch like a running back, but is a natural WR in route running. he was also CU best power option running this last season. he also run in the 4.4s or so. so he can run past CB he can run through alot of players and he is natural agile. i haven't seen a WR like him recently.
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm

Comment

• Butler By'Note
          Super Moderator
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
          Dylan Moses might be the LB to finally break the trend of not taking Bama players.

Tee Higgins is another legit top WR.

RB is loaded as well.

Stanford has an OT that is highly graded, so I know Elway will have a lot of Stanford ties.
          He's still got 3 years left, if he wants to use them all, but keep an eye on Chuba Hubbard from OK State as a potential dark horse. Last year as a redshirt freshman he was behind Justice Hill, but as the season went on Hubbard started getting more and more reps. 124 carries for 740 yards (6.0 YPC) 7 touchdowns, 22 receptions for 229 yards and 2 touchdowns.

He's 6'1 and weighs around 210, and has legitimate sprinters speed. As a 15 year old he finished 4th in the world in the 100 at the World Youth Track and Field Championships.

He's 1 of 2 Alberta kids that should be starting for Ok State this year, and he's going to get a lot of hype very very soon.

Comment

• TheAsianPA
            Captain
            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
            QB and WR seems loaded.

right now i am really liking this WR class. between Laviska Shenault Jr. and Jerry Judie. there are 2 ligit number 1 WR targets. and the QB class as discussed before looks deep to me to. any people to watch for 2020?
            Shenault would be a nice addition. Already have his teammate Winfree here
            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• TheAsianPA
              Captain
              • Oct 2015

anthony mcfarland RB out of Maryland is a player to keep an eye on as well.
              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• TheAsianPA
                Captain
                • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                i hope elway is putting a target on Shenault though. local cu kid, and the guy is dynamic. he can run past you around you or through you. he is 6'2 220. runs after the catch like a running back, but is a natural WR in route running. he was also CU best power option running this last season. he also run in the 4.4s or so. so he can run past CB he can run through alot of players and he is natural agile. i haven't seen a WR like him recently.
                Shenault may be the first WR taken off the board, he is looking like a first round talent that could go in the top 15.
                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Sam_Z
                  Banned User
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                  Albert Okwuegbunam TE from Missouri. With Butt and Heurman being oft injured and not productive, I wouldnt be shocked to see us dip at TE again next year. Pair Lock with his biggest former college target. Would give us a lot of 2TE possibilities for Scangarello.
                  Perhaps Scangarello could influence Mr. Elway to get him another big time target but something tells me the 2020 draft is all Fangio/Elway defensive play makers.

Elway could be an arrogant jerk but he’s every bit as sensitive wit a huge heart and he’ll make it up to Fangio for passing on Bush this year! :thumb:

Comment

• JvDub95
                    Football Immortal
                    • Jan 2005

I am fully expecting a heavy defensive draft next year. LB, CB, DT/DE and S, imo, will all be needed. On the offensive side I think depending on if Bolles can be coached up LT will be a need and WR depth. I like where the offense is with Lock, Sutton, Hamilton, Fant and Lindsay/Freeman.

​​​​

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                      Football Immortal
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                      Shenault may be the first WR taken off the board, he is looking like a first round talent that could go in the top 15.
                      all the hype is on Jerry Judie. but i really like that. he is a first round talent for sure. expecially if he runs in the 4.4. this WR class looks super strong also which may hurt him. he may be the first WR off the board but i am hearing Jerry Judie ATM.
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                        Football Immortal
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                        I am fully expecting a heavy defensive draft next year. LB, CB, DT/DE and S, imo, will all be needed. On the offensive side I think depending on if Bolles can be coached up LT will be a need and WR depth. I like where the offense is with Lock, Sutton, Hamilton, Fant and Lindsay/Freeman.
                        i feel like if we add Sheanult to that we have a ligit #1 we could be missing plus Sheanult and Sutton on the outside would be an elite duo.

i also like our DE/DT depth atm. i think walker is a Ligit talent who will shine under fangio. i feel same jones and gotsis. so i am very confident. i am less confident on NT but you can traditional find those guys in the mid or late and get away with it.

CB will depend on Yiamon Development. I like our S for the future in Simmons and parks. we could use a third but Callahan is a nickle guy so i doubt we will be using as many 3 safeties

Coverage LBer is a need just like it has been sense Danny left.
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm

Comment

• #87Birdman
                          The MOD Who Laughs
                          • Apr 2011

Ray Lima DT from Iowa State. Solid interior player that plays the NT in a 3-3-5.

Adopted Broncos:
                          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                          Adopted posters:
                          Everyone

Comment

• JvDub95
                            Football Immortal
                            • Jan 2005

Since we are in the business of drafting Hawkeyes these days AJ Epenesa is a stud DE that I will be banging the drum for next year

​​​​

Comment

• samparnell
                              Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                              Ray Lima DT from Iowa State. Solid interior player that plays the NT in a 3-3-5.
                              Does Iowa State run the 3-3-5 D? Phil Steele shows them in a split front 4-3 with Ray Lima as a 1/2/3 tech.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                              X