Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Since we are in the business of drafting Hawkeyes these days AJ Epenesa is a stud DE that I will be banging the drum for next year
    If we are in the running for Epenesa next year hopefully itís because of a trade up. If not something went horribly wrong during the season either on the Broncos end (or in a less likely scenario AJís end).

Not sure we will need a RB but I really like AJ Dillon. If he runs his 40 at his current weight heíll likely fall a bit in the draft but he kind of reminds me of LeVeon Bell in that Bell was 230 in college. If Dillon drops some weight like Bell did he could put up similar numbers.

Just a hypothetical, but Elway is now going to have to decide on if Flacco is worth the extra 17M over Lock next year. Nothing propels a team to being highly competitive like a cheap quality starting QB. If we were to move on from Flacco and Leary next year, we would be sitting around 75M in cap space. So next years FAs (including ours) is a lot more interesting look than the draft for me.

If you are looking at a 2 year window of VM and Chubb, then adding Wagner and Grady Jarrett on defense (expensive) may be the way to go. Of course they need to make it to FA 1st. In a situation like this, I would also consider trading the 1st for a guys that fills another hole on his rookie deal, but who knows who may be available via trade.

Point being, if Lock supplants Flacco, you need to maximize the chance to get as much veteran talent around the inexpensive QB as you can.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Since we are in the business of drafting Hawkeyes these days AJ Epenesa is a stud DE that I will be banging the drum for next year
    he is long gone unless we are the first team drafting a pass rusher. i am not sure he fits in to our DEfense. he seems best in a 4-3 as a DE or as a OLB here.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Does Iowa State run the 3-3-5 D? Phil Steele shows them in a split front 4-3 with Ray Lima as a 1/2/3 tech.
    Yeah they run a bit of 3-3-5. Mainly because of the spread offenses we see in the big 12. I'm sure with how defense are anymore they probably have a mix defense.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-current) Bradley Roby
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Just a hypothetical, but Elway is now going to have to decide on if Flacco is worth the extra 17M over Lock next year. Nothing propels a team to being highly competitive like a cheap quality starting QB. If we were to move on from Flacco and Leary next year, we would be sitting around 75M in cap space. So next years FAs (including ours) is a lot more interesting look than the draft for me.

If you are looking at a 2 year window of VM and Chubb, then adding Wagner and Grady Jarrett on defense (expensive) may be the way to go. Of course they need to make it to FA 1st. In a situation like this, I would also consider trading the 1st for a guys that fills another hole on his rookie deal, but who knows who may be available via trade.

Point being, if Lock supplants Flacco, you need to maximize the chance to get as much veteran talent around the inexpensive QB as you can.
    I've been saying this since we drafted Lock. The best thing for us is that Lock takes over in year 2 and we cut Flacco.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I've been saying this since we drafted Lock. The best thing for us is that Lock takes over in year 2 and we cut Flacco.
    Cap wise, yes. Better QB wise in 2020 is doubtful. Its just what other pieces you can afford for the cap break.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Yeah they run a bit of 3-3-5. Mainly because of the spread offenses we see in the big 12. I'm sure with how defense are anymore they probably have a mix defense.
    I wonder where and from whom Jon Heacock acquired the 3-3-5?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Cap wise, yes. Better QB wise in 2020 is doubtful. Its just what other pieces you can afford for the cap break.
    With good coaching Lock can play far above Flacco's last three years' level. Is he really going to sit until 2021 to start a game? Flacco will have to have brought us to back to back playoff seasons, which I highly doubt.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 05-08-2019 at 06:06 PM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    With good coaching Lock can play far above Flacco's last three years' level. Is he really going to sit until 2021 to start a game? Flacco will have to have brought us to back to back playoff seasons, which I highly doubt.
    Imagine that, a QB controversy cause both QB's are doing good. That would be a nice change. Last time we had that we won a SuperBowl. Just Saying
    ďNever argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.Ē

― Mark Twain

Isaiah Simmons a hybrid S/LB with coverage skills

Henry Ruggs III. WR with a 4.3-4.3 40

Andrew Thomas LT solidify our line

Raekwon Davis DL at 6'7 315lbs he can play anywhere

Curtis Weaver OLB Another Sack Artist

Grant Delpit S a rangy safety with Simmons set to be a free agent after this year

Bryce Hall CB even if Chris Harris stays we need another young CB

For those who think the consecutive losing seasons under Vance Joseph were the result of poor coaching, I would ask: How many losses each season resulted from that?

Like others, I think the new coaching staff with its new offense and new defense will make a big difference. Vic Fangio is a new Head Coach, but one with decades of experience. Rich Scangarello is a new NFL OC, but he is not a young guy having twenty years of coaching experience. One of Denver's biggest problems for years now has been the O-Line. Now the Broncos have a new O-Line coach, who is one of the best, to sort out that situation.

The newness will be an adventure, and I'm looking forward to it.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    For those who think the consecutive losing seasons under Vance Joseph were the result of poor coaching, I would ask: How many losses each season resulted from that?

Like others, I think the new coaching staff with its new offense and new defense will make a big difference. Vic Fangio is a new Head Coach, but one with decades of experience. Rich Scangarello is a new NFL OC, but he is not a young guy having twenty years of coaching experience. One of Denver's biggest problems for years now has been the O-Line. Now the Broncos have a new O-Line coach, who is one of the best, to sort out that situation.

The newness will be an adventure, and I'm looking forward to it.
    IMO .......,21. Trying to think of a way to blame more on him, but I guess Iíll have to stick with 21.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    he is long gone unless we are the first team drafting a pass rusher. i am not sure he fits in to our DEfense. he seems best in a 4-3 as a DE or as a OLB here.
    Is he really mocking that high? Don't get me wrong, I'm a hawkeyes fan and I love him, but he didn't even start this year. Not sure why, they must think he's lacking on Run D?

Quote Originally Posted by maaskesr View Post
    Is he really mocking that high? Don't get me wrong, I'm a hawkeyes fan and I love him, but he didn't even start this year. Not sure why, they must think he's lacking on Run D?
    I am hearing he could be a ligit top 5 pick. main cause he is 6'6 285 and runs a 4.6 so he is a physical freak and he should be more in the rotation this year.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait