Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

ok here we go...who won the offseason

which team did the most to improve their team this year and set up for a few years down the road
    state your case for your team free agency and the draft, we already seen baps bold prediction of moving up a couple slots on defense

BRONCOS

free agency: we had specific needs going into the offseason, besides finding a competent coaching staff, QB, Oline, CB and TE were at the top of the list
    with that we traded for Joe Flacco, yes I know the hater gonna hate, the whiner gonna whine, but I do think considering who he had to throw to the last few years
    it isn't a list of stud wrs I can assure you, so yes FLACCO is a improvement over CK in not only starting Experience, post season experience but the dude still can do what case was scared to do...throw downfield...JF >CK

cbs: we ended the season with CHJ< roby and Brock....we still have CHJ no matter what for this year, next year if we tag him
    then replaced brock with Kareem Jackson, we replaced Roby whom I liked with Bryce Callahan a top 3 nickle/slot defender if not number 1, and then replaced the aged and slowing stewart with up and coming Will parks....22019 DB>>>2018

oline: we dropped veldeer and replaced him with Ja'Wuan James...james>>veldeer

then of course we must mention the vast improvments of the coaching staff...lets face it Vance Joseph sucked
    Fangio>>>VJ
    Scangarello >>.Musgrave
    Ed Donatell >>> Joe woods
    Mike Munchak>>>everyone

draft that left us with a couple holes to fill and some depth to aquire

Elway killed this draft getting four players with 1st, 2nd round grades round grades in his first 4 picks

trading down to 20 and selecting the kid who may be the biggest offensive mismatch in the draft in Noah Fant..filled a huge multi year hole on top of getting the 52nd pick and a 3rd round pick next year
    Elway then in round two grabbed Dalton Risner, a 1st round talent who gave up a single sack in his entire college career
    Elway then used the steelers pick to move back up the very next pick and grab the future of the franchise Drew lock

in the third round he selected Dre'mont Jones a DT that walter football had ranked the 4th best DT in the draft, right behind Williams, oliver and wilkins

and then followed that up with LB Justin hollings a freak athlete

clearly the broncos won the offseason
    Last edited by arapaho; 05-07-2019 at 07:32 PM.

I liked everything you said and Iíll elaborate more later because I do believe Iím going to enjoy this thread.

Anyway Vance Johnson may not had been Shannon Sharp but he didnít suck.

Vance Joseph on the other hand could suck the life out of the biggest most influential players. See Derek Wolfe, Shelby Harris and Matt Paradis whom all seemed somewhat disgruntled last season.

I may think that the bolts improved their defense this off season but i do not think they did the most this off season to improve their team overall. then again, i don't think they needed to do much, they are already very talented.

I don't like the fact the chargers did very little to fortify their OL considering it is the weak spot on the team currently. they drafted a tackle in the third who is from a small school and is likely a project his rookie year at least. he does have a lot of the traits you want in a starting tackle and he was able to showcase his ability against even talent at the E/W shrine game but we will see.

the chargers are improving by getting their LB'ers back healthy and getting hunter henry back which is huge. they did lose tyrell williams so if we see a significant injury at the WR position, that could hurt us.

I do like some of the things the broncos did, i like both the fant and Risner picks but RIP to lock getting drafted by elway

maybe he can break the curse?

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    I may think that the bolts improved their defense this off season but i do not think they did the most this off season to improve their team overall. then again, i don't think they needed to do much, they are already very talented.

I don't like the fact the chargers did very little to fortify their OL considering it is the weak spot on the team currently. they drafted a tackle in the third who is from a small school and is likely a project his rookie year at least. he does have a lot of the traits you want in a starting tackle and he was able to showcase his ability against even talent at the E/W shrine game but we will see.

the chargers are improving by getting their LB'ers back healthy and getting hunter henry back which is huge. they did lose tyrell williams so if we see a significant injury at the WR position, that could hurt us.

I do like some of the things the broncos did, i like both the fant and Risner picks but RIP to lock getting drafted by elway

maybe he can break the curse?

I donít like the Cutler comparisons for Lock!

I think Lock is far better human being than cutler. Iím sorry I know Cutler was fatigued and having diabetes makes you mean as a junk yard dog living off gun powder but c-mon count the blessings you do have.

I know a lot of people who suffer from diabetes and although it can drain one a lot sooner than most, these folks always find a way to be happy and outgoing.

With that said, Iím sorry for Jay and I donít want to suffer what ever health concerns he suffers from but I still think Lock is a far better human being.

Jay may have had the stronger arm and I do believe he did. Lock still possesses better football instincts and smarts.

Jay was somewhat more accurate IMO but Lock has yet to toss an NFL pass. As far as Iím concerned, Lock has the right coach, offensive coordinator and O-line coach to succeed.

I completely disagree with your assumptions that Lock will bust because Elway drafted him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I don’t like the Cutler comparisons for Lock!

I think Lock is far better human being than cutler. I’m sorry I know Cutler was fatigued and having diabetes makes you mean as a junk yard dog living off gun powder but c-mon count the blessings you do have.

I know a lot of people who suffer from diabetes and although it can drain one a lot sooner than most, these folks always find a way to be happy and outgoing.

With that said, I’m sorry for Jay and I don’t want to suffer what ever health concerns he suffers from but I still think Lock is a far better human being.

Jay may have had the stronger arm and I do believe he did. Lock still possesses better football instincts and smarts.

Jay was somewhat more accurate IMO but Lock has yet to toss an NFL pass. As far as I’m concerned, Lock has the right coach, offensive coordinator and O-line coach to succeed.

I completely disagree with your assumptions that Lock will bust because Elway drafted him.
    that's a joke, man. I'm not calling him a bust but if elway likes him, it cant be good.

not sure about the cutler comparisons, i was just making a joke about elway drafting him.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    that's a joke, man. I'm not calling him a bust but if elway likes him, it cant be good.

not sure about the cutler comparisons, i was just making a joke about elway drafting him.
    Iíll give Cutler the nod with arm strength and accuracy but like I said, Lock will be more sensible and hopefully develop into a far more accurate passer.

I hate to quote ppl like skip bayless but perhaps there is something to the idea that Elway didnít have certain issues because he was so good therefore he donít see those problems/road blocks in the Brock Osweilers or Paxton Lynch.

In Lock he sees a strong armed scrambler like himself.

I will say that he absolutely did not do his due diligence in studying a nincompoop in the ridiculous that was Paxton Lynch but I for one know that heís learned from that lack of effort.

Also BO was/is an arrogant moron lacking in humility which Drew Lock seems to be the exact opposite even with all his skill.

BO literally cried when a guy referred to as PFM was given the start in the super bowl...

If that doesnít tell you all you need to know about his character, then idk what will!

Just rolled my eyes reading this thread. Pats don't play to win the offseason. We play to win in February.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Just rolled my eyes reading this thread. Pats don't play to win the offseason. We play to win in February.
    FYI Lil girls roll their eyes

And

Then you should shut the hell up and stay off the boards until February

Uh you guys cheat to win... Goodell kisses the trousers of Krack by setting things up... Krack visit a prostitute named phat fingers.

Such attributes for you to be proud of!
    Youíll never be capable of getting it.

You guys were caught cheating not once but twice...
    Twice... how in the hell can you be proud of such idiocy? Every time you defend it, you look like a bigger one than the team is...

You like to accuse me of wrecking threads but you wreck every thread the AFC West fan base attempts to debate in.

Why is that?

Jealousy?

Just remember, defending a team of cheaters by what you post online, stays online and will follow you forever!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-07-2019 at 08:27 PM.

I gotta agree with the Pats fan on this one. Being a Paper champion is worthless.

STOP TURNING EVERY SINGLE THREAD INTO A FLIPPIN PATS TOPIC!!!!!!!!

If the off-season doesn't matter, go away!!

Sammy, just stop responding to them!!

Mods, throw this Troll off the the train already!!

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I gotta agree with the Pats fan on this one. Being a Paper champion is worthless.
    I don't think this thread was created calling anyone a champion..... Its just a discussion about the off-season, and who did the most to upgrade......

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    I don't think this thread was created calling anyone a champion..... Its just a discussion about the off-season, and who did the most to upgrade......
    I get it, right now with no football the discussions we are stuck with, but until we see it on the field nobody knows who won the offseason in my opinion.

For us the questions are:
    - will Harris play this year
    - will Sanders make a full recovery
    - how long will it take for our offense and defensive schemes to clock with players, or will it?
    - will Flacco be an upgrade
    - will our oline be better
    - will last years picks have second year slumps
    - what about Lindsayís wrist

So many unknowns, like i said i get it something to talk about.

They only can talk Pats football, they certainly donít wanna talk Pats vs Broncos head to head.
    Itís cool the sun is setting on New England, in a couple of years their will be no sign of them.

The thread was meant for everyone - the title does not specify any particular teams. I assumed it was an invitation to all teams represented in the smack forum.