Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Imagine actually believing this. Setting yourself up for surefire disappointment, not at all dissimilar from Keenum last year. Flacco's arm strength us average at best at this point in his career. His hip, throwing shoulder, plant knee, and back injuries have clearly taken their toll.
    Have you actually watched Flacco play? It seems like you only looked up his stats. The problem your having selling your “Flacco sucks” drivel is some of us Have watched him play. And unfortunately for you we all got to,see him play against our Broncos last year. In that game Flacco was the best QB on the field...hands down. It wasn’t even close. Superior arm talent over Keenum all day long and twice on Sunday.
    If you want to say that he isn’t a tier 1 Qb...fine. That’s reasonable and most agree. But to say he has no arm strength left, he’s not even better than Keenum, etc etc, just makes it look sound like you have a personal axe to grind and haven’t even taken the time to watch him play.
    He isnt Brady. He isnt Brees. But he’s a straight up legitimate starting NFL QB. Something we didn’t have last year.

Quote Originally Posted by RunningWolf View Post
    Have you actually watched Flacco play? It seems like you only looked up his stats. The problem your having selling your “Flacco sucks” drivel is some of us Have watched him play. And unfortunately for you we all got to,see him play against our Broncos last year. In that game Flacco was the best QB on the field...hands down. It wasn’t even close. Superior arm talent over Keenum all day long and twice on Sunday.
    If you want to say that he isn’t a tier 1 Qb...fine. That’s reasonable and most agree. But to say he has no arm strength left, he’s not even better than Keenum, etc etc, just makes it look sound like you have a personal axe to grind and haven’t even taken the time to watch him play.
    He isnt Brady. He isnt Brees. But he’s a straight up legitimate starting NFL QB. Something we didn’t have last year.
    i don't think any QB would have looked good behind that line we had. but Flacco is an average QB. keenums in a wants replacement. while flacco is we kinda want a replacement.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Besides the Jets and Cardinals games, the Broncos losses in 2018 were close games.

We're a better team this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
    Besides the Jets and Cardinals games, the Broncos losses in 2018 were close games.

You are so right. We were right there with the Rams, 2 times with KC, Texans, Ravens, Raiders.... The Browns, Jets, and Niners games were embarrassing because those were poor teams that we should not have lost too.

Totally Agree 1000% ! Spot On !! Truth !!!

Yes I have. When you watch him you can see he is actually worse than the stats suggest.

There's nothing personal, just facts. He is on the same level as Keenum when it comes to QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    You are so right. We were right there with the Rams, 2 times with KC, Texans, Ravens, Raiders.... The Browns, Jets, and Niners games were embarrassing because those were poor teams that we should not have lost too.
    Yes, as bad as the QB and coaching was, the Broncos came down to the last 4 games of the year to decide our PO fate. This team is more talented then people give it credit for. It's a tough schedule this year, but I believe we make it to the post season and if we do then the Broncos will be battle ready. I believe JF and the coaching will get it done this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Yes I have. When you watch him you can see he is actually worse than the stats suggest.

There's nothing personal, just facts. He is on the same level as Keenum when it comes to QBs.
    It really sounds personal with you. Flacco is far more accomplished than Keenum. Flacco played well last year before the injury. Flacco looked good in the game he beat the Broncos.

Joe Flacco is the Denver Broncos Starting QB for 2019 Maybe 2020 Let's all put our own Differences aside and Support this Team from Top to Bottom Support the Starting QB instead of Bashing him when he has not even attempted a NFL Regular Season Pass for the Denver Broncos ! Support this Team Please !

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    Joe Flacco is the Denver Broncos Starting QB for 2019 Maybe 2020 Let's all put our own Differences aside and Support this Team from Top to Bottom Support the Starting QB instead of Bashing him when he has not even attempted a NFL Regular Season Pass for the Denver Broncos ! Support this Team Please !
    Really it’s already hard enough to play quarterback in the Mile high city. The poor guy hasn’t even made one single mistake and people are already getting out there pitch forks.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBreeder View Post

Yes they but everyone outside of Denver fails to realize this

The way I look at this is we're spoiled by the transcendent QB play from Elway and Manning (at least before his arm went south). Transcendent QBs make the team around them better and can hide deficiencies on both sides of the ball. We're in the much more common situation now of having a QB who can't cover team deficiencies. That was true with Trevor, Keenum, and now Flacco. Flacco has a better and more consistent track record than Keenum, but by no means is he going to carry this team. The roster is better than last year, at least on paper, but we still have holes, and health is always a wildcard. If the team stays healthy and the oline protects Flacco, that should translate into a couple more wins. I think we're still another successful offseason away from being competitive IN the playoffs w/o a transcendent QB. But REACHING the playoffs is not out of the question if all goes well this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i don't think flacco is an upgrade to keenum. so that's a mook point.
    It all depends on our team pass protection. If it stays where it has been for years than we should have kept Keenum imo

If we can figure out how to even get average at team pass protection than we will be happier with Flacco.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i am not expecting anything different in the wins and loses. i am done expecting thing just hoping for a brighter future. we could still end up towards the bottom of the nfl. the AFC west is the best division in the nfl atm. i feel like we may not make huge steps year 1, but by year 2 or year 3 we will be play off contenders. we could do well. it is kinda a hit or miss thing i feel. i feel we have nailed 2 very very good Draft classes, but the misses from 2013-2017 has been really bad. this has put us in a bad spot talent wise. which we are rebuilding well right now. we had a complete change in draft ideals and the way we draft. it paid off last it. i think it will pay off again this year. then next year move into spot where we will be contending for championships. but i feel in the end our record will end on luck and alot of bounces of balls.
    I think we will see a better coached team this year (still needs to be proven). Hoping we are not just better prepared (I am pretty sure we will be) but also we can actually make ingame adjustments (not so sure about this one).

We are a young team that is still growing in a lot of areas. We have a lot of reasons for solid hope but still some hope smoke. We have solid reasons to think things will be better than the previous two years imo.

The division is tough. I think the Raiders will still suck. The Chargers will be a threat with the current coaching as long as Rivers is there. I do think the Chiefs will take a step back this year (will still be a winning team) but will rebound in 2020 assuming they have a good 2019-2020 off-season.

There is an opportunity for the Broncos to surprise this year imo. We were more talented than our record in 2018 but the coaching held us back. We can win 10-11 games imo. We probably will be a 8 or 9 win team imo.

We have made the moves to be a better team in 2019 than 2017/2018 but a lot of things can happen.

IMO the real telling test of how good we will be long term is how things go in 2020.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    I was at the rams game. It didn't feel close maybe the score reflects otherwise but it felt over at half time. Baker and the browns where decently last year