Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

this next season

i am not expecting anything different in the wins and loses. i am done expecting thing just hoping for a brighter future. we could still end up towards the bottom of the nfl. the AFC west is the best division in the nfl atm. i feel like we may not make huge steps year 1, but by year 2 or year 3 we will be play off contenders. we could do well. it is kinda a hit or miss thing i feel. i feel we have nailed 2 very very good Draft classes, but the misses from 2013-2017 has been really bad. this has put us in a bad spot talent wise. which we are rebuilding well right now. we had a complete change in draft ideals and the way we draft. it paid off last it. i think it will pay off again this year. then next year move into spot where we will be contending for championships. but i feel in the end our record will end on luck and alot of bounces of balls.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Many points I agree with and I am actually excited about this next season and its “unknown” factor. We have the widest W-L prediction range of all AFC teams. We could go 5-11 or we could go 11-5. Yes it would be nice to have confidence in our probability to make the post season but we have been on a heck of a run and are in the first steps of a process of rebuild (even if not entirely). I am looking to enjoy the phases of building a new team. I don’t expect to truly compete this year or next but I cant wait to see the development of our 2018 draft class combined with our 2019 draft classes potential.
    We have drafted a number of predraft personal favorites of mine(and many other posters) recently and have quite a few players that provided both early contributions and upside.

(Chubb,Courtland,Daesean,Jewell,Freeman,Lindsey) from 2018 alone.

Time will tell but it looks like we stacked another good draft in 2019.

Whatever your opinion on Fant...fact is we now have one of the most athletic TE to enter the NFL. Rare rare athlete that will be intriguing to watch

Risner is a stud OL who looks like the final piece in fixing a longtime weakness.
    We might actually have a good OL...that is exciting.

Lock in the second round wasn’t plausible to me predraft so I am stoked we got a 1st rd talent for a value. Like fant he brings the traits to become a superstar but rome wasnt built in a day. I will want him in over flacco sooned than later but sitting will do him good.

Dremont Jones and Justin Hollins look like they can add to our passrush.

It feels like we have injected young talent in every position group and have finally built a promising core for the future. We are likely to experience some turbulence but I like that we are on the come up vs the dreaad of an era ending like in years past.

We also had some savvy FA additions to shore up our weaknesses. Minus my lack of Flacco confidence and CHJ’s drama and we appear to have a solid and complete team.
    Our success is heavily dependent on Joe and if someone can man the middle backer spot. However it plays out this year I am just happy to be excited about the future and our team’s upside.
    My hope is that we can be SB contenders again before Von slows down. He is still in his prime but 3-4 years down the road is wishful thinking, Von should be a bronco for life and it would be awesome to get him into another SB.

We have been spoiled as a fan base and the discontent around the boards regarding the team is baffling. I understand there are plenty of things to question and critique but its okay to be optimistic folks. Lotta promise in our franchise from the players to the coaches to the GM. Elway has lead us to what 7? 8? Superbowls in his career. How many people have done anything close to that resume? The list is short.
    We are in good hands. Enjoy the little things!

I think with KC purging its top players, Raiders being, well, the Raiders and the Chargers being unpredictable year to year, makes the AFCW an open division with no clear favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    I think with KC purging its top players, Raiders being, well, the Raiders and the Chargers being unpredictable year to year, makes the AFCW an open division with no clear favorite.
    I see the Chargers as a clear favorite myself (but will deny this post ever came from me) That defense is going to be really, really good. They also have good offensive weapons.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i am not expecting anything different in the wins and loses. i am done expecting thing just hoping for a brighter future. we could still end up towards the bottom of the nfl. the AFC west is the best division in the nfl atm. i feel like we may not make huge steps year 1, but by year 2 or year 3 we will be play off contenders. we could do well. it is kinda a hit or miss thing i feel. i feel we have nailed 2 very very good Draft classes, but the misses from 2013-2017 has been really bad. this has put us in a bad spot talent wise. which we are rebuilding well right now. we had a complete change in draft ideals and the way we draft. it paid off last it. i think it will pay off again this year. then next year move into spot where we will be contending for championships. but i feel in the end our record will end on luck and alot of bounces of balls.
    I think we are playoff contenders now

lets first acknowledge how completely and utterly inept VJ was, as well as how bad case keenum

as badly as we were coached, as bad as our game plans were, as terrible as a game manager Vj was...we still won six games on shear talent alone
    keep in mind case missed a completely wide open and uncovered DT in the first KC game that would have most likely won the game

McManus missed a game winning FG against Houston...also a game where VJ instead of punting or even going for it...asked for a 62 yards FG with 22 seconds left that allowed the Texans to easily get another 3 points

now consider the improvments, better oline, better coaching, a true mismatch at TE, better QB

I am confident we will be at least 9-7

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post

lets first acknowledge how completely and utterly inept VJ was, as well as how bad case keenum

as badly as we were coached, as bad as our game plans were, as terrible as a game manager Vj was...we still won six games on shear talent alone
    keep in mind case missed a completely wide open and uncovered DT in the first KC game that would have most likely won the game

McManus missed a game winning FG against Houston...also a game where VJ instead of punting or even going for it...asked for a 62 yards FG with 22 seconds left that allowed the Texans to easily get another 3 points

now consider the improvments, better oline, better coaching, a true mismatch at TE, better QB

9-7 with the second hardest schedule in the NFL would be a dream come true. Unfortunately this teams in the basement of the Division with OAK. KC is going to ROLL this year.

KC 11-5
    LA 10-6
    DEN 7-9
    OAK 6-10

PS. Would love to be proved wrong. Feel the teams another year away from making the playoffs
    Last edited by rst08tierney; 05-08-2019 at 07:11 PM.

Good posts everybody...

I am very excited for the season. I am excited because I believe in the direction the team is going in.

The quality of every franchise starts at the top. I for one am thankful to our GM to provide stability in our vision at a time when ownership is uncertain. Bringing in Fangio is in my opinion, the greatest cause for optimism going forward. Everything about this guy looks great to me. He's got a proven history of building quality defense and he's got a real leadership quality. To me, it seems that he will naturally command respect of the locker room.

In my opinion, our team has exceptional young talent. I love the character of players #7 has brought into this locker room. Everybody in orange and blue will be very focused this year. I am very satisfied that we brought in a former superbowl MVP and proven leader; all round durable quarterback to at least help this team become competitive again. I am just as much thrilled that we really did some things to make the quarterback position better. Acquiring mike munchak, and great young line talent through FA and the draft...

We have all the pieces to succeed. I am excited to see what this coaching staff can do as far as getting our team to improve and preform wells in areas of our team that might be a bit less than impressive with talent or depth on paper.

Very exciting time to be a Bronco fan.

Last edited by Zealander; 05-08-2019 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post

i don't think flacco is an upgrade to keenum. so that's a mook point.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I'm excited, but I don't have very high expectations. New coaching will take some adjustment time, as well as our team still being very young. The strength of schedule does not favor us , nor being in the toughest division of the AFC. I truly think we will improve, but 8-8, 9-7 is a likely reality. There is going to be a lot of pressure on Flacco to perform at a much higher level than his last 3 years of play, and if he does not succeed, then there still needs to be a breaking in period for Drew Lock.

2020 or 2021 will be our year.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

IMO, the biggest difference between Flacco and Keenum is leadership. From what I understand, Keenum wasn't comfortable holding teammates accountable because he didn't feel his own performance was good enough to challenge other players. This won't be an issue with Flacco whether he plays well or not.

I want to believe we are in that 6-10...10-6 range. I know a lot of everyone is already placing our probability of having a losing record on Flacco...but I think A LOT of it is going to fall on Sutton. I know everyone talked him up preseason last year and we made the move to trade DT for a 4th(great trade so far for draft potential), but I think a lot of our success will be if he takes a huge step next year and shows he is the playmaker we all think he is on this team. Because aside from our RB's, I don't see a proven playmaker on this team. That is of course taking Sanders Achilles tear into account.
    New England Patriots GM

I don't know how you can make that statement without seeing him on the field. On paper he is absolutely an upgrade. He has had multiple seasons of success while Keenum has only had one.

Let's see how he fits in with this scheme. The scheme he has had his best season in. I think another underestimated point is how pissed off and motivated he must be. Going from the franchises best QB of all time to being replaced by a runningback.

You mean like Mookie Betts, Mookie Blaylock or Mookie Wilson?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    9-7 with the second hardest schedule in the NFL would be a dream come true. Unfortunately this teams in the basement of the Division with OAK. KC is going to ROLL this year.

KC 11-5
    LA 10-6
    DEN 7-9
    OAK 6-10

PS. Would love to be proved wrong. Feel the teams another year away from making the playoffs
    First off Tyrek Hill despite being a horrible human being might be the most game changing player in the past decade. In fact I saw some really good analysis of his play and so long as he in on the field he opens up running lanes, passing routes....it really was incredible. Now Pat Mahomes has only EVER been in the league with a guy like Tyrek and a pretty good O-Line in-front of him. Add onto that a RB who was a top 5 guy AND a TE who was a top 3 guy. My point is that Pat Mahomes has only been a starter for one season. We have NO IDEA what he will look like when he has no real running games, 31 teams with his tape and a full off-season to prepare AND what is more likely than not no Tyrek Hill for 2019 (expected). If Anything I think we will see KC struggle and frankly I see them being more inline with the 10-6 or 8-8 mark. Now if Pat Mahomes is who SO MANY think he is then 11-5 is possible I am just not sold after only one season starting and having so many top tier weapons on Rookie deals.

The chargers are in an interesting position. They have a lot of talent but they have a poor home field "advantage". Again with Rivers aging more unless the team really comes together I can see them sitting anywhere form 11-5 to 7-9.

Oakland did get better this off-season and we need to be mindful of that. What will be key is how quickly does this team gel. If they do so quickly expect them to play at a high level. Even last season when they played poorly they had major moments where you saw what they will eventually look like once they build themselves back up.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    You mean like Mookie Betts, Mookie Blaylock or Mookie Wilson?
    I was perplexed by that one. T and K aren’t close to each other on the keyboard. It must be an autocorrect thing