Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    First off, anyone who thinks Flacco isn't a upgrade over Keenum, needs to rethink that statement. Keenum is a career backup that had one good season. He is a really good guy but not a good QB. Flacco has some football left in him. If we give him a decent supporting cast, he can still be a winner.
    Without VJ and the clowns coaching us, we ought to win 3 to 5 more games. Heck, VJ gave away 3 victories last season with poor coaching.
    If we spent $30M+ on free agents, upgraded our coaching staff (which I feel like we did), had back to back good drafts and don't win and lot more games this season, it will surprise me!
    Don't get too upset over our strength of schedule because it means very little. It is so strong because we had two of last seasons top teams on it twice, plus we had VJ coaching us then. IMO we have still got a pretty fair defense and with our up graded OL and Flacco, I think the we will have a pretty fair offense to IMO the only thing that can stop us from winning 9+ games will be injuries. We must stay healthy because we are not real deep in some areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Bob View Post
    First off, anyone who thinks Flacco isn't a upgrade over Keenum, needs to rethink that statement. Keenum is a career backup that had one good season. He is a really good guy but not a good QB. Flacco has some football left in him. If we give him a decent supporting cast, he can still be a winner.
    Without VJ and the clowns coaching us, we ought to win 3 to 5 more games. Heck, VJ gave away 3 victories last season with poor coaching.
    If we spent $30M+ on free agents, upgraded our coaching staff (which I feel like we did), had back to back good drafts and don't win and lot more games this season, it will surprise me!
    Don't get too upset over our strength of schedule because it means very little. It is so strong because we had two of last seasons top teams on it twice, plus we had VJ coaching us then. IMO we have still got a pretty fair defense and with our up graded OL and Flacco, I think the we will have a pretty fair offense to IMO the only thing that can stop us from winning 9+ games will be injuries. We must stay healthy because we are not real deep in some areas.
    Depth is THE problem. Patriots are doing this thing correctly (such insight - just throw money) because they don't get behind the draft by trading up. We are getting better, it would appear, but we are still behind and playing catch-up. Much of this can be laid at the feet of the Tebow draft year IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I don't know how you can make that statement without seeing him on the field. On paper he is absolutely an upgrade. He has had multiple seasons of success while Keenum has only had one.

Let's see how he fits in with this scheme. The scheme he has had his best season in. I think another underestimated point is how pissed off and motivated he must be. Going from the franchises best QB of all time to being replaced by a runningback.
    That is a great point! I believe Elway got some input from the coaching staff about how Flacco would fit well in this offense.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    I think we are playoff contenders now

lets first acknowledge how completely and utterly inept VJ was, as well as how bad case keenum

as badly as we were coached, as bad as our game plans were, as terrible as a game manager Vj was...we still won six games on shear talent alone
    keep in mind case missed a completely wide open and uncovered DT in the first KC game that would have most likely won the game

McManus missed a game winning FG against Houston...also a game where VJ instead of punting or even going for it...asked for a 62 yards FG with 22 seconds left that allowed the Texans to easily get another 3 points

now consider the improvments, better oline, better coaching, a true mismatch at TE, better QB

I am confident we will be at least 9-7
    Agreed, the confidence this coaching staff change will instill in our players is going to make the biggest difference IMO.

The talent is there! We just need the players to start believing in themselves an this team. I say playoffs this year, 10-6.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i don't think flacco is an upgrade to keenum. so that's a mook point.
    yea theres a reason CK has always been a career backup...

and your judging flacco on what...his production on a team with very few legit offensive weapons, with a coach bent on proving he can win with defense alone

experience
    JF>>CK
    reading a defense
    JF>>>CK
    being able to audible
    JF>>CK
    arm
    JF>>>>>>>>>ck
    accuracy
    JF>CK
    post season
    JF>>>CK

and your judging flacco on what...his production on a team with very few legit offensive weapons, with a coach bent on proving he can win with defense alone

experience
    JF>>CK
    reading a defense
    JF>>>CK
    being able to audible
    JF>>CK
    arm
    JF>>>>>>>>>ck
    accuracy
    JF>CK
    post season
    JF>>>CK
    You can add:

Bias against Flacco > Logic
    Last edited by JW7; 05-09-2019 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    9-7 with the second hardest schedule in the NFL would be a dream come true. Unfortunately this teams in the basement of the Division with OAK. KC is going to ROLL this year.

KC 11-5
    LA 10-6
    DEN 7-9
    OAK 6-10

PS. Would love to be proved wrong. Feel the teams another year away from making the playoffs
    you honestly think Kc gonna roll this year

they two of their biggest offensive weapons as well as key defensive players
    kareem Hunt
    tyreek hill
    starting center morse
    wr conley
    not to mention
    dee ford
    Houston
    eric berry

I think people underestimate the impact a guy like tyreek had on a defense...with that gone it puts all the pressure on the qb
    Last edited by arapaho; 05-09-2019 at 12:10 PM.

You can add:

Bias > Logic
    thought it was pretty logical that JF is better than ck

thought it was pretty logical that JF is better than ck
    Oh, I'm on your side. It is clearly obvious that Flacco is the best QB we've had here since Manning. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    Agreed, the confidence this coaching staff change will instill in our players is going to make the biggest difference IMO.

The talent is there! We just need the players to start believing in themselves an this team. I say playoffs this year, 10-6.
    indeed at this point in his career with nearly 20 years in the league as a DC vic has seen it all
    with ed donnetell they will not be on the sideline twiddling their headset clueless as what to do

with a full year under their belts
    rookies
    Sutton
    Hamilton
    Patrick
    Royce
    lindsey
    chubb

should only be better this year
    our oline should be much better

Oh, I'm on your side. It is clearly obvious that Flacco is the best QB we've had here since Manning. Not even close.
    well its confusing with your bias beats logic

The past Two years I have not had the Desire to even watch the Denver Broncos play under the previous coach what so ever and that killed me because like all of us here I am a Die Hard Denver Broncos Fan Always Have Been Always will be however the last 2 Years were just painful to even watch on TV ! This year I have the most Hope going into the Season than I have had since 2015 ! Even if Denver is not all the way there I know every game will be a competitive die hard battle to end and they will be entertaining TV for me to watch going forward with this Great Head Coach Vic Fangio and the Great O-Line coach the Great Defensive Coach Ed and the True Gem in our OC is Rich I have no doubt in my mind that this Denver Offense will be much better with our New TE Fant aka Fanta Fanta and our Killer O-Line Man in Risner and seeing Lindsay Burst through that Line I am for one not going to miss a Denver game this Year unlike the past 2 and I know that Denver will produce a Great Product and I am Super Excited for the Future ! Looking Bright and Orange in Denver Colorado ! Go Denver Broncos !!

experience
    JF>>CK
    reading a defense
    JF>>>CK
    being able to audible
    JF>>CK
    arm
    JF>>>>>>>>>ck
    accuracy
    JF>CK
    post season
    JF>>>CK
    Until Flacco comes in and plays better then what we have had. I will look at him as an average to below average starter. I also don't feel many QBs would be successful behind the blockers we have put in front of them recently. Flacco has not looked special sense like 2012. He may still be living off that hype but especially in the regular season he has been at best average. Flacco has never been to a pro-bono. It could end up around the same qb play as we have had recently

well its confusing with your bias beats logic
    I read that as the bias against Flacco is greater than the posters logic.

I still believe a great defense can win championships. I feel the success of our season rests on the shoulders of Miller and Chub. Some people believe they could be the best duo in the league next year, including myself. With the addition of Fangio this defense could be special. I could see us going 9-7 if these two lead the league in sacks as a duo.