Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Whether or not Flacco is an upgrade of any significance remains to be seen. What can be assured, is that both Flacco and Keenum are in the bottom tier of starting QBs. Over the last two years, Keenum has actually been the better QB. Will that continue this year? Who knows, they've both gone to new teams.

Flacco, who will be learning a new offense with new timing and new teammates, being on the sharp physical decline that he is, combined with his mounting injury issues, will more than likely have his worst season yet.

Thankfully we have Lock. Due to his own ineptitude or his body continuing to fail him, Flacco will more than likely miss some games this year. I think we have a decent team around him and there is much to look forward to, but I don't think this is our year. Our team will experience growing pains having to learn a new offense and defense. I believe we win something near 6 or 7 games. The second half of the season will go better than the first. Flacco will be benched when we are 3-8

I just don't understand people bashing Flacco? He hasn't thrown a pass for our Broncos yet.
    I agree with BA Broncos, defense wins championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Whether or not Flacco is an upgrade of any significance remains to be seen. What can be assured, is that both Flacco and Keenum are in the bottom tier of starting QBs. Over the last two years, Keenum has actually been the better QB. Will that continue this year? Who knows, they've both gone to new teams.

Flacco, who will be learning a new offense with new timing and new teammates, being on the sharp physical decline that he is, combined with his mounting injury issues, will more than likely have his worst season yet.

Thankfully we have Lock. Due to his own ineptitude or his body continuing to fail him, Flacco will more than likely miss some games this year. I think we have a decent team around him and there is much to look forward to, but I don't think this is our year. Our team will experience growing pains having to learn a new offense and defense. I believe we win something near 6 or 7 games. The second half of the season will go better than the first. Flacco will be benched when we are 3-8
    How many tiers are there?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    It's certainly subjective, but I would say 4 tiers. 1st is the truly elite, which includes Brady, Rodgers, and Brees. Mahomes too if he keeps it up. 2nd would have Big Ben, Ryan, Rivers, Wilson, Luck, etc. The 3rd is for good, not great starters like Watson, Stafford, Newton, Cousins, Prescott, Mayfield, etc. The last tier is for marginal starters such as Keenum, Dalton, Winston, Mariota, and Tannehill.

As far as Flacco, if he winds up in that 3rd tier I'll be happy with that.

Flacco is going to chew em up and spit em out this year. The experience and arm strength will turn heads from the first game. His choice of weapons will be utilized with precision and expertise. I hope our competition is sleeping on smokin Joe like some of the posters here. It will make for easy pickins.

In tier one I would include Brady, Brees, Mahomes and probably Rodgers. Beyond that there is a group of about 10 players that can be anywhere from 5-15.

I think Flacco can be in the middle of that tier. Not a top 5 guy but given the right situation can stiff the outside of the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I don't know how you can make that statement without seeing him on the field. On paper he is absolutely an upgrade. He has had multiple seasons of success while Keenum has only had one.

Let's see how he fits in with this scheme. The scheme he has had his best season in. I think another underestimated point is how pissed off and motivated he must be. Going from the franchises best QB of all time to being replaced by a runningback.
    he has had 3 good season I guess that's multiple. looked good in most post-season great in once. hasn't made the playoffs in 4 years. he has been statistically and winning average. he is an Average QB/Below Average QB. keenum was about the same maybe more towards the below average. I am not gonna believe Flaccos an upgrade till I see it a few games in. I am waiting and seeing on this. I think there is a good a chance that lock out preforms flacco in preseason. I wonder what happens then?

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Bob View Post
    I just don't understand people bashing Flacco? He hasn't thrown a pass for our Broncos yet.
    I agree with BA Broncos, defense wins championships.
    Is it bashing or is it being honest with oneself concerning his abilities?

I just dont understand people calling Flacco more than a backup level QB? He hasn't thrown a pass for our Broncos yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    Flacco is going to chew em up and spit em out this year. The experience and arm strength will turn heads from the first game. His choice of weapons will be utilized with precision and expertise. I hope our competition is sleeping on smokin Joe like some of the posters here. It will make for easy pickins.
    Imagine actually believing this. Setting yourself up for surefire disappointment, not at all dissimilar from Keenum last year. Flacco's arm strength us average at best at this point in his career. His hip, throwing shoulder, plant knee, and back injuries have clearly taken their toll.

I agree will gerontion that there are 4. The elite, the very good, the good enough, and the soon-to-be-replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    In tier one I would include Brady, Brees, Mahomes and probably Rodgers. Beyond that there is a group of about 10 players that can be anywhere from 5-15.

I think Flacco can be in the middle of that tier. Not a top 5 guy but given the right situation can stiff the outside of the top 10.
    Yikes. Really? You think an aging Flacco who is very obviously getting worse by the year will somehow do something he has never done? He has hardly sniffed the top 10 once in his career: 2014. Even then he was still bottom 10 in completion %, 16th in YPA, 16th in INTs, 16th in passer rating. Sure he had 27TDs(his one year with over 25) and 3900 yards, but those were only good for 13th and 12th in the league. So you see, even in Flacco's "banner" year he was nothing more than average.

That was Flacco in his prime; 29 years old and prior to his four year stretch where he has suffered 6 injuries since 2015, missing a combined 18 weeks of practices and games.

Flacco have never been "good". His career ceiling is average and we are far removed from that. At this point in his career, he is objectively bad. Easily bottom 10 amongst starting QBs, just like Case Keenum. An upgrade? Sure, maybe marginally, but really not enough to matter.

Benched before the season is 3/4 complete, barring a miracle on his part.

Yikes. Really? You think an aging Flacco who is very obviously getting worse by the year will somehow do something he has never done? He has hardly sniffed the top 10 once in his career: 2014. Even then he was still bottom 10 in completion %, 16th in YPA, 16th in INTs, 16th in passer rating. Sure he had 27TDs(his one year with over 25) and 3900 yards, but those were only good for 13th and 12th in the league. So you see, even in Flacco's "banner" year he was nothing more than average.

That was Flacco in his prime; 29 years old and prior to his four year stretch where he has suffered 6 injuries since 2015, missing a combined 18 weeks of practices and games.

Flacco have never been "good". His career ceiling is average and we are far removed from that. At this point in his career, he is objectively bad. Easily bottom 10 amongst starting QBs, just like Case Keenum. An upgrade? Sure, maybe marginally, but really not enough to matter.

Benched before the season is 3/4 complete, barring a miracle on his part.
    I love how your idea of a successful quarterback is measured by statistics. In that case, Stafford must be a top 5 QB. Stats are a part of an analysis but you have to take into account how a team plays. Baltimore has always been a tough team that plays in close games. There are so many teams that are terrible but their QB puts up huge numbers because they are always playing from behind. Ask a Ravens fan what they think of Flacco. The majority of them that I have heard from speak highly of his ability and are sad to see him go.

Flacco has won in this league and has won in the most important moments. At his very best, he can be a fringe top 10 QB. I don't think that is such an egregious statement. If he is able to even give top 15 play, this team has a real shot at the playoffs with the defense and run game.

I'm with you in the sense that if the team struggles the first half, you have to insert Lock. Even though he is far from ready but I don't see this team doing that bad. Flacco is not nearly as awful as you seem to hope for.

Imagine actually believing this. Setting yourself up for surefire disappointment, not at all dissimilar from Keenum last year. Flacco's arm strength us average at best at this point in his career. His hip, throwing shoulder, plant knee, and back injuries have clearly taken their toll.
    Nope, I'll not be disappointed if JF craters. But, I'm not going to be beaten before the game is started.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    9-7 with the second hardest schedule in the NFL would be a dream come true. Unfortunately this teams in the basement of the Division with OAK. KC is going to ROLL this year.

KC 11-5
    LA 10-6
    DEN 7-9
    OAK 6-10

PS. Would love to be proved wrong. Feel the teams another year away from making the playoffs
    I'm not as pessimistic....

LA 10-6
    Den 10-6
    KC 8-8
    Oak 6-10

First, Flacco started last season on fire before he was injured and they decided to go with a RB at QB..... Writing was on the wall. 2017, Keenum somehow tricked the league into thinking he's the next Rich Gannon, but we see how that played out. Flacco missing half of last season after his best start dropped his stats. Therefore it's easy to skew that Keenum has been better the last 2 years, but that's not necessarily true.

Second, this isn't a new offense. It will be similar to Kubiaks offense which is where he preformed the best. Yes, timing with new player and terminology will be different, but there's time. Also, who did he have to throw to the last 4-5 years?? He didn't have Sanders, Possibly star in the making Sutton, Possibly star in the making Fant, Lindsey..... He loves TE's so Fant should be a great fit.

Third, the injuries could be the blow he doesn't want.

None of us know how it will play out yet. He has a deep ball arm and does know how to read a defense. Let see the product on the field before we shoot down a motivated QB in Flacco to failure.